Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Ncaa Softball Regionals

Default Re: 2021 Ncaa Softball Regionals

Pack your bags. I've got a feeling the Cajuns are going to Baton Rouge. Also going will be Baylor and another mid-major school from Texas. Don't think it will be Texas State as they are in the SBC. More likely someone like Stephen F. Austin. For LSU, that's a real strong original.

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    Pack your bags. I've got a feeling the Cajuns are going to Baton Rouge. Also going will be Baylor and another mid-major school from Texas. Don't think it will be Texas State as they are in the SBC. More likely someone like Stephen F. Austin. For LSU, that's a real strong original.
    Thats the regional that D1 thinks will happen.

Ok if that ends up being the actual regional, give us your out look and the Cajuns chances to advance. You have been around the program way longer than me and you are one of a few who I trust and value when it comes to the program.

If that happens, I'd be more concerned about Baylor as opposed to LSU. Baylor beat the Cajuns soundly. It was not close. Baylor is not a good matchup for the Cajuns. Rodoni's off speed pitch bamboozled the Cajuns. Ellyson went four innings, gave up eight hits and five earned runs. The Cajuns will have to face Baylor in the first game and face Rodoni again.

LSU's bats and pitching are both hot and cold. If LSU is allowed to cheat with illegal pitches and being out of the box, they can win the regional. If illegal pitches and out of the box are called, who knows, they may lose to the #4 seed and fall into the losers bracket.

Again, I think it's good for the Cajuns to go to LSU. Remember, the Cajuns were reeling after losing two starters in the McNeese game before they played LSU twice. This time it will be a different story.

If you went to the LSU games last year, both in Lafayette and Baton Rouge, you saw the difference in the crowd atmosphere. It was crazy at Lamson Park. There was no excitement at Tiger Park, so there is no intimidation of having to play there.

What is intimidating is if the Cajuns have to beat both LSU and Baylor. I'm hoping Baylor does not go there.

If that happens, I'd be more concerned about Baylor as opposed to LSU. Baylor beat the Cajuns soundly. It was not close. Baylor is not a good matchup for the Cajuns. Rodoni's off speed pitch bamboozled the Cajuns. Ellyson went four innings, gave up eight hits and five earned runs. The Cajuns will have to face Baylor in the first game and face Rodoni again.

LSU's bats and pitching are both hot and cold. If LSU is allowed to cheat with illegal pitches and being out of the box, they can win the regional. If illegal pitches and out of the box are called, who knows, they may lose to the #4 seed and fall into the losers bracket.

Again, I think it's good for the Cajuns to go to LSU. Remember, the Cajuns were reeling after losing two starters in the McNeese game before they played LSU twice. This time it will be a different story.

If you went to the LSU games last year, both in Lafayette and Baton Rouge, you saw the difference in the crowd atmosphere. It was crazy at Lamson Park. There was no excitement at Tiger Park, so there is no intimidation of having to play there.

What is intimidating is if the Cajuns have to beat both LSU and Baylor. I'm hoping Baylor does not go there.
    Well the Cajuns would have to beat Baylor and LSU and then one of those teams again. Great insite and overview. As always appreciate you.

You're welcome. Just thinking, maybe McNeese goes there instead of Stephen F. Austin.

That would make it even tougher. It would end up being probably the toughest regional out of all of them.

so did they release the sites or not?

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    so did they release the sites or not?
    Not yet.

Just asking. Can we stay on topic for once and talk about softball and regionals only.

UL Softball Re: 2021 Ncaa Softball Regionals

https://www.ncaa.com/news/softball/a...ip-hosts-sites

INDIANAPOLIS — The NCAA Division I Softball Committee announced today 20 predetermined preliminary round sites for this year’s Division I Softball Championship.

Due to the health and safety protocols surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, it was deemed necessary to conduct NCAA championship competition at predetermined sites. Of the 20 selected sites, the committee will choose 16 to host regional round games. Eight of those 16 regional sites will be in contention to host super regionals.

The 20 potential host site institutions are as follows:
    Alabama Michigan
    Arizona Missouri
    Arizona State Oklahoma
    Arkansas Oklahoma State
    Clemson Oregon
    Florida Tennessee
    Florida State Texas
    Georgia UCLA
    Kentucky Virginia Tech
    LSU Washington

“The committee would like to thank all of the schools who submitted bids to host. It was exciting that we received so many quality bids from schools around the country that were interested in being a part of this championship,” said Matthew Larsen, chair of the committee and director of athletics at North Dakota State. “We can’t wait to have the Division I Softball Championship back in 2021 and believe these hosts will provide a safe and memorable championship experience for all of the student-athletes, coaches and fans.”

Based on recent guidance from the NCAA COVID-19 Medical Advisory Group, the NCAA will allow up to 50% fan capacity at these predetermined sites. Exact capacity percentages will vary by site, depending on state and local health mandates due to the pandemic.

MORE: Here are 9 DI softball records that will (probably) never be broken

The designation of predetermined sites will have no bearing on the teams selected to participate or for seeding in the 2021 Division I Softball Championship. The championship field will consist of 31 conference automatic qualifiers and 33 at-large qualifiers.

Participating teams and the final 16 predetermined sites will be revealed during the selection show on Sunday, May 16, at 9 p.m. ET on ESPN2.

All games of the NCAA Division I Softball Championship will be broadcast on ESPN’s family of networks with regionals taking place May 21-23, followed by super regionals May 27-30. The 2021 championship will culminate with the Women’s College World Series at USA Softball Hall of Fame Stadium in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, from June 3-9.

Quote Originally Posted by lcitsh View Post

INDIANAPOLIS — The NCAA Division I Softball Committee announced today 20 predetermined preliminary round sites for this year’s Division I Softball Championship.

Due to the health and safety protocols surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, it was deemed necessary to conduct NCAA championship competition at predetermined sites. Of the 20 selected sites, the committee will choose 16 to host regional round games. Eight of those 16 regional sites will be in contention to host super regionals.

Alabama Michigan
    Arizona Missouri
    Arizona State Oklahoma
    Arkansas Oklahoma State
    Clemson Oregon
    Florida Tennessee
    Florida State Texas
    Georgia UCLA
    Kentucky Virginia Tech
    LSU Washington

“The committee would like to thank all of the schools who submitted bids to host. It was exciting that we received so many quality bids from schools around the country that were interested in being a part of this championship,” said Matthew Larsen, chair of the committee and director of athletics at North Dakota State. “We can’t wait to have the Division I Softball Championship back in 2021 and believe these hosts will provide a safe and memorable championship experience for all of the student-athletes, coaches and fans.”

Based on recent guidance from the NCAA COVID-19 Medical Advisory Group, the NCAA will allow up to 50% fan capacity at these predetermined sites. Exact capacity percentages will vary by site, depending on state and local health mandates due to the pandemic.

The designation of predetermined sites will have no bearing on the teams selected to participate or for seeding in the 2021 Division I Softball Championship. The championship field will consist of 31 conference automatic qualifiers and 33 at-large qualifiers.

Participating teams and the final 16 predetermined sites will be revealed during the selection show on Sunday, May 16, at 9 p.m. ET on ESPN2.

All games of the NCAA Division I Softball Championship will be broadcast on ESPN’s family of networks with regionals taking place May 21-23, followed by super regionals May 27-30. The 2021 championship will culminate with the Women’s College World Series at USA Softball Hall of Fame Stadium in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, from June 3-9.

Oklahoma
    UCLA
    Florida
    Alabama
    Washington
    Florida State
    Arkansas
    Arizona State
    Oklahoma State
    LSU
    Oregon
    Texas
    Arizona
    Tennessee
    Clemson
    Kentucky
    Georgia
    Missouri
    Virginia Tech
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by lcitsh View Post

Alabama Michigan
    Arizona Missouri
    Arizona State Oklahoma
    Arkansas Oklahoma State
    Clemson Oregon
    Florida Tennessee
    Florida State Texas
    Georgia UCLA
    Kentucky Virginia Tech
    LSU Washington

How ridiculous! 20 predetermined sites and 50% capacity. Also, how do they decide which 4 get bumped if all are available?

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    How ridiculous! 20 predetermined sites and 50% capacity. Also, how do they decide which 4 get bumped if all are available?
    4 will get bumped, but I am not sure of there process to determine that. How is this list ridiculous? The Cajuns didn't do enough to get on this list.

14. Default Re: 2021 Ncaa Softball Regionals

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    ahhh. got it. seems if a school in middle of a title ix investigation is properly evaluated on how they will equitably treat female student athletes from three other universities as guests in accordance with title ix they wouldnt fare well and shouldnt make the list
    You know they hired a high powered woman’s basketball coach and that is all gone now. Isn’t that how the NCAA treats the big time P5?

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    4 will get bumped, but I am not sure of there process to determine that. How is this list ridiculous? The Cajuns didn't do enough to get on this list.
    I'm not saying we should have made it, didn't think we would. The idea of predeterming sites weeks before the selections are made, and only allowing 50% at all sites, particularly in states that allow 100% attendance, is what is wrong.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information