Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Ncaa Softball Regionals

UL Softball 2021 Ncaa Softball Regionals

So say today is the day that they will release the top 20 ncaa regional host sites for softball. That list will then be reduced further down to 16 host sites. Do you guys think the Cajuns will make the top 20 list?

Default Re: 2021 Ncaa Softball Regionals

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    So say today is the day that they will release the top 20 ncaa regional host sites for softball. That list will then be reduced further down to 16 host sites. Do you guys think the Cajuns will make the top 20 list?

I'd say probably the top twenty but probably not the top 16. We needed to win one of the games at Alabama.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    I'd say probably the top twenty but probably not the top 16. We needed to win one of the games at Alabama.
    I really dont think we will be on either list, which may work out for us. I dont want to be a 15 or 16 seed host. I would rather be on the road in a 8 or 9 seed regional.

1. Oklahoma
    2. Alabama
    3. Florida
    4. LSU
    5. Florida State
    6. Arkansas
    7. Oklahoma State
    8. Washington
    9. Texas
    10. Arizona
    11. Oregon

These teams I think are a sure lock for hosting.

I really dont think we will be on either list, which may work out for us. I dont want to be a 15 or 16 seed host. I would rather be on the road in a 8 or 9 seed regional.
    Not sure but I think even if we are a host site that's all it is a host site not guaranteed to be a 1 seed at the site.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    Not sure but I think even if we are a host site that's all it is a host site not guaranteed to be a 1 seed at the site.
    If we would host as a 1 or 2 seed it really doesn't matter because if both of those teams win there first game they meet in the second game anyway. If we host we should be confident with our home field advantage that we could win the regional that we hosted. I doubt we host and I don't want to host as a 15 or 16 seed and then have to go to UCLA or Oklahoma in the supers.

1. Oklahoma
    2. Alabama
    3. Florida
    4. LSU
    5. Florida State
    6. Arkansas
    7. Oklahoma State
    8. Washington
    9. Texas
    10. Arizona
    11. Oregon

These teams I think are a sure lock for hosting.
    Why do you think A&M is a lock? Also, I would put UCLA on that list.

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    Why do you think A&M is a lock? Also, I would put UCLA on that list.
    A&M? I didn't mention them. I think UCLA may not be a lock because of the covid protocols and UCLA is currently #1 in the RPI, but their facilities are not looked upon favorably when it comes to the postseason. They deserve to host and I think they will just probably not a guarantee. Would be tough to send them on the road as a 1 seed.

A&M? I didn't mention them. I think UCLA may not be a lock because of the covid protocols. They deserve to host and I think they will just probably not a guarantee. Would be tough to send them on the road as a 1 seed.
    I meant A&M BR, refuse to call them LSU. By the way, I think it's ludicrous to name the host sites way before the end of the season. Makes no sense like everything else.

I meant A&M BR, refuse to call them LSU.
    Oh that A&M. They will host, guaranteed. Arizona State will probably also host.

I meant A&M BR, refuse to call them LSU. By the way, I think it's ludicrous to name the host sites way before the end of the season. Makes no sense like everything else.
    This is just a one time thing with covid. Should be back to normal seeding next season. Host sites will also have to be able to handle the covid testing and such. They announced early just so those sites can prep.

I personally see the Cajuns going to Baton Rouge or Austin. I would love for us to go to Arkansas and beat the breaks off those rednecks for not wanting to play us this season. Then I would love to go back to Bama in the supers and get some payback.

Based on simple math being 21 is greater than 20 or 16, I'd plan on driving east.

This is just a one time thing with covid. Should be back to normal seeding next season. Host sites will also have to be able to handle the covid testing and such. They announced early just so those sites can prep.
    It is totally unnecessary, should be normal now.

15. Default Re: 2021 Ncaa Softball Regionals

If it just came down to facilities, Louisiana would host every year.

Even if not in the tournament.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information