Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ragin' Cajuns Finish Eighth at SBC Championships

1. UL Golf Ragin' Cajuns Finish Eighth at SBC Championships

The Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Golf team looks for its first conference championship since 2007 when it opens play on Sunday at the 2021 Sun Belt Conference Men's Golf Championship at the Mystic Creek Golf Club.

2. UL Golf Ragin' Cajuns In Eighth After Day One at SBC Championships

Bjorn Gudjonsson recorded a 4-over-par 76 and the Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Golf team finished the first day in eighth place after the opening round of the 2021 Sun Belt Conference Men's Golf Championships on Sunday at Mystic Creek Golf Club.

3. UL Golf Three Ragin' Cajuns In Top 20 at SBC Golf Championships

Peter Hinnant and Hudson Dubinski each posted rounds of 3-over-par 75 while Bjorn Gudjonsson carded a 5-over 77 to finish in the top-20 after 36 holes and lead the Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Golf team during the second day of the 2021 Sun Belt Conference Men's Golf Championships at Mystic Creek Golf Club.

Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns In Eighth After Day One at SBC Championships

I realize it's only day 1, but am I wrong for expecting better than 8th place?

Still in eighth place after day 2. Improved score by 3 from day 1.

I think we had played very well in the two tournaments leading up to the conference tournament, so this is a little disappointing. With the conference tournament, you need to be in the top 4 teams in the stroke play round to reach the match play round.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    I think we had played very well in the two tournaments leading up to the conference tournament, so this is a little disappointing. With the conference tournament, you need to be in the top 4 teams in the stroke play round to reach the match play round.
    Our golf program has not fared well over a number of years, at least when it comes to conference championships. Shouldn't this be a good program barometer? We use it for other sports, why not golf? At what point are these results no longer acceptable?

SBC Championship Tournaments

2020-21 - 8th
    2019-20 - Cancelled
    2018-19 - 9th
    2017-18 - 7th
    2016-15 - 10th
    2015-16 - 9th
    2014-15 - 9th

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Our golf program has not fared well over a number of years, at least when it comes to conference championships. Shouldn't this be a good program barometer? We use it for other sports, why not golf? At what point are these results no longer acceptable?

2020-21 - 8th
    2019-20 - Cancelled
    2018-19 - 9th
    2017-18 - 7th
    2016-15 - 10th
    2015-16 - 9th
    2014-15 - 9th
    I think it depends on earnings compared to conference mates cant expect much if pay is low. Expectations for a $20 steak vs $100 are a bit different

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    I think it depends on earnings compared to conference mates cant expect much if pay is low. Expectations for a $20 steak vs $100 are a bit different
    Are you saying we are paying our golf coach way below what other conference schools are paying, so we shouldn't have high expectations? We have a golf coach, an assistant golf coach, golf support staff and a new golf facility. There shouldn't be any reason for this program to not succeed. Look at schools that finish ahead of us in the various tournaments we play in. No way they are paying more and are still beating us. Sometimes, we too readily accept mediocrity and that is what this program has been for a long time.

Are you saying we are paying our golf coach way below what other conference schools are paying, so we shouldn't have high expectations? We have a golf coach, an assistant golf coach, golf support staff and a new golf facility. There shouldn't be any reason for this program to not succeed. Look at schools that finish ahead of us in the various tournaments we play in. No way they are paying more and are still beating us. Sometimes, we too readily accept mediocrity and that is what this program has been for a long time.
    I have no idea what the golf coach makes if its 400k a year than yes its unacceptable if its 40k well is it worth the added investment. Softball is a good example we are paying well above market value in the belt but we expect making runs for national championship. Softball also rivals basketball at this school for ticket sales and donations.

Look I want to be good at every sport but it comes down to rather I want to spent 100k on golf or have that 100k go to football nutrition program. I chose the 100k to football 8 days out the week

2020-21 - 8th
    2019-20 - Cancelled
    2018-19 - 9th
    2017-18 - 7th
    2016-15 - 10th
    2015-16 - 9th
    2014-15 - 9th
    Oooppphh

Glad to see that investment with Oakborne is paying dividends.

13. Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns In Eighth After Day One at SBC Championships

Wire to wire 8th

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    Which school has the $20 steak vs $100? Compare UL to ULM golf. Their golf team participated in 5 of the 8 tournaments we played in and beat UL in every one except our tournament. Then ULM finished 3rd to our 8th in the SBC Championship tournament beating us by 16 strokes!

Which school has the $20 steak vs $100? Compare UL to ULM golf. Their golf team participated in 5 of the 8 tournaments we played in and beat UL in every one except our tournament. Then ULM finished 3rd to our 8th in the SBC Championship tournament beating us by 16 strokes!
    ULMs coach actually makes 20k more a year that Theo...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information