Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: FB Spring Game: Vermilion 13, White 11

Default Re: FB Spring Game: Vermilion 13, While 11

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    This team is loaded with capable QBs. To me, it looked like Fields and Wooldridge are closer to being ready. Legendre may well have a bright future and is certainly talented.
    I agree th QB room looks extremely talented.
    Levi - no words needed
    Chandler - looked extremely sharp and will be able to step in if needed
    Legendre- 4 star QB, can possibly pretty damn good. Didn't get to see much of him
    Herring - arm looked pretty damn good for a guy who should still be in hs
    Wooldridge- very quality walk on who probably would be on scholarship in the hud years
    McDonald- wish I saw more of him but looks like he can be a solid qb, another guy should still be in HS

I am worried about long snapper though. The missed fg by almendares was directly because of a bad snap. Even on the made fg the snap was bad

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    WR Bernard? If so, I agree.
    Yes. I think Dan called him a TE at some point which confused me. He seemed to be making plays all game and had the big one at the end.

Check his bio out on players roster, baller in 4 sports in HS. Clutch receiver who can move the chains along with Cambre...who also had a nice game...

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#Fired View Post
    I am worried about long snapper though. The missed fg by almendares was directly because of a bad snap. Even on the made fg the snap was bad
    Boudreaux may still have a mental issue.

6. Default Re: FB Spring Game: Vermilion 13, While 11

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Boudreaux may still have a mental issue.
    It should never have become a mental issue, he just needed more practice with a wet ball.

Default Re: Spring Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    yes thats the qb I was referring to (herring), looks like he has a good arm and steps up into the pocket, looks like he needs some coaching and time with the trainers, but a solid pick up
    I would have little doubt he needs a lot of coaching right now. Came from a run heavy offense for which he ran often himself. I know he has the measurables but from what I understand, it was always assumed he would need some time before he is ready.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I would have little doubt he needs a lot of coaching right now. Came from a run heavy offense for which he ran often himself. I know he has the measurables but from what I understand, it was always assumed he would need some time before he is ready.
    I watched him play against VC he was a tank running over people. Struggled to throw but his OL was awful and did not give him much time. He is definitely a few years project at QB.

9. Default Re: FB Spring Game: Vermilion 13, White 11

I tell you what. Devin Pauley always makes the biggest catches of a game. He may not make a lot of catches but the ones he does are impressive

Default Re: FB Spring Game: Vermilion 13, White 11

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    I tell you what. Devin Pauley always makes the biggest catches of a game. He may not make a lot of catches but the ones he does are impressive
    Agree with this. I think he is the QB's security blanket. He isn't being targeted for big yardage plays, but if you are in a crucial 3rd down situation, that guy is clutch.

11. Default Re: FB Spring Game: Vermilion 13, White 11

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    Agree with this. I think he is the QB's security blanket. He isn't being targeted for big yardage plays, but if you are in a crucial 3rd down situation, that guy is clutch.
    ......He comes from a football family....grandpa is Jim Shaver who built the great program at Barbe HS that were always one of the top programs in the state! Rolling in a bunch of WRs can put a lot of pressure on the opponent’s DBs!

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#Fired View Post
    We just got a long snapper transfer from Texas State

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    Emani looked pretty good, not stellar, but good. I thought Griffin looked very strong on his 2 carries. I would like to see more of what he can bring.
    Well, guess we won't be seeing more carries with Griffin, I saw where he plans on transferring out.

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    Well, guess we won't be seeing more carries with Griffin, I saw where he plans on transferring out.
    We just added Texas 4A state finals MVP RB as a PWO

Tito Byce....looks more like a slot receiver than RB, though he played both in HS.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread Information