Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: FB Spring Game: Vermilion 13, White 11

Default Re: Spring Game Thread

I hate that the red team played Levi for three quarters we already know what he can do I wanted to see more of the other guys like the white team did.

this young kid has an arm, he still needs some coaching and a little age to help his decisions but he can throw

It was nice to be able to watch the Cajuns play the spring game.

Hard to make any real assessments. Overall, defense had some nice plays, and pretty good coverage on most plays. Good tackling, for a spring game, and showed some hustle pushing the offense. The offense had it's positive moments. Still early in this season, but I miss Ragas and Mitchell. We are going to need to improve the running game, it wasn't bad, and had some good plays, some holes were open, but lacking some power and speed. As far as WR's, we have so many, I hope we have a few that rise above the group. Levi made some good plays, looks pretty much the same as last year. I do feel good about the future of the QB position. Chandler played well, Lance looks to have the physical tools, Woolridge had a few good plays and in the very short time, I was impressed with the way Hunter stood there with poise and delivered some nice throws. He's tall and has a nice throwing motion. The ending had some excitement, with the winning FG.
    It was fun to watch.

4. Default Re: Spring Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    It was nice to be able to watch the Cajuns play the spring game.

Hard to make any real assessments. Overall, defense had some nice plays, and pretty good coverage on most plays. Good tackling, for a spring game, and showed some hustle pushing the offense. The offense had it's positive moments. Still early in this season, but I miss Ragas and Mitchell. We are going to need to improve the running game, it wasn't bad, and had some good plays, some holes were open, but lacking some power and speed. As far as WR's, we have so many, I hope we have a few that rise above the group. Levi made some good plays, looks pretty much the same as last year. I do feel good about the future of the QB position. Chandler played well, Lance looks to have the physical tools, Woolridge had a few good plays and in the very short time, I was impressed with the way Hunter stood there with poise and delivered some nice throws. He's tall and has a nice throwing motion. The ending had some excitement, with the winning FG.
    It was fun to watch.
    .....Emani (?) is a threat when he touches the ball!

5. Default ESPN 1420 Long Walk-Off Field Goal Propels Team Vermillion to Victory in Louisiana’s Spring Gam

After Team White scored 11 unanswered points, starting quarterback Levi Lewis came back into the game for Team Vermillion to set up the game-winning field goal.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Chandler looking solid
    He was the best QB tonight. Future looks bright

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    .....Emani (?) is a threat when he touches the ball!
    Emani looked pretty good, not stellar, but good. I thought Griffin looked very strong on his 2 carries. I would like to see more of what he can bring.

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    this young kid has an arm, he still needs some coaching and a little age to help his decisions but he can throw
    Who?

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Dressed out..
    This group looks P5
    Without a doubt we pass the eye test!

Pretty sure that was referring to hunter herring

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Without a doubt we pass the eye test!
    On Defense we are solid. I was telling Dave last night that we are interchangeable on the the 2 deep at almost every position. On special teams we are good. I think we know who our kicker will be going forward.

On offense there is a lot of talent but a few question marks. Can we replace the production of two great Running back? Who's gonna step up from a loaded WR group. Can our TE catch a ball? It looks like they might be able to. And lastly can Levi be fully engaged and ready to go from the start? I worry about waiting for those last minutes game winning drives. Cut down on those early 3 and outs and we don't have a repeat of the Coastal game. I know that he's a great guy and the coaches and everyone loves him. But we need him to have a Chis Paul "punch you in da nutz" mentality from the first kick in Austin till the final buzz in whatever bowl we get to

12. Default Re: Spring Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jeaux View Post
    On Defense we are solid. I was telling Dave last night that we are interchangeable on the the 2 deep at almost every position. On special teams we are good. I think we know who our kicker will be going forward.

On offense there is a lot of talent but a few question marks. Can we replace the production of two great Running back? Who's gonna step up from a loaded WR group. Can our TE catch a ball? It looks like they might be able to. And lastly can Levi be fully engaged and ready to go from the start? I worry about waiting for those last minutes game winning drives. Cut down on those early 3 and outs and we don't have a repeat of the Coastal game. I know that he's a great guy and the coaches and everyone loves him. But we need him to have a Chis Paul "punch you in da nutz" mentality from the first kick in Austin till the final buzz in whatever bowl we get to
    Well said, nicely put. And you were correct last night and you are correct today, we are very interchangeable on the 2 deep on defense at pretty much every position.

And thanks for the boudin, it was really good.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Well said, nicely put. And you were correct last night and you are correct today, we are very interchangeable on the 2 deep on defense at pretty much every position.

And thanks for the boudin, it was really good.
    No problem. I will try the smoked boudin from Michela(sp) like you said but first I'm hungry for a burger from y'all other thread. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jeaux View Post

Neil Johnson is our pass catching TE. He was a key to our progress in late season last year and will be once again.

yes thats the qb I was referring to (herring), looks like he has a good arm and steps up into the pocket, looks like he needs some coaching and time with the trainers, but a solid pick up

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information