Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Louisiana Officially Adds St. John's Transfer Greg Williams Jr. To Roster

Default Re: Louisiana Officially Adds St. John's Transfer Greg Williams Jr. To Roster

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Hopefully being a 100 percent healthy will allow AU to be more effective. No doubt he is better in the half court and foot speed probably does limit him when it comes to transition play. However, as I said earlier the coaching staff sees more in him than the fans do. He must do things that don't show up in the stat sheet well. I agree with Dave in that Cedric's life situation may cause him to want to move on. Dou may be thinking the same thing. He is almost 25 years old and speaks 5 languages. He could probably fit in anywhere overseas while playing pro ball. His ability to guard and offensive rebound will have someone give him a shot despite his questionable decision making at times.
    I wonder if hey will be making a decision on Wesley?

Default Re: Louisiana Officially Adds St. John's Transfer Greg Williams Jr. To Roster

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    I can not see Cedric returning, I think he has been playing hurt the last 2 seasons and he has a daughter and a family, I think he will probably move on, but who knows. It is possible that Dou Gueye could possibly return if he would like and that would give us some quality depth, specifically at the forward position.

Gordon and Butts both had their moments, I think with more time they will continue to improve, but Gordon seems to be primarily a spot up shooter, Butts gives us a little more in the way of athleticism off of the bench. He can drive as well as shoot. He is also less of a liability on defense as Gordon. But I do believe both Gordon and Butts if they return will both see quality minutes with Cadwell. Richards will spell Akuwba and I think you will also see Au with some big minutes as long as he is healthy. I think he is a better player than what he showed this year. I think the injury really slowed him down.

That would give you 10 guys with minutes, you also have Garnett, Wesley, and Thomas in the mix. Now if Geuye and/or Russell return that could throw a huge monkey wrench into the above.

Then you through Joe Charles and Carter Domingue into the mix and I am not sure how they will work into the lineup. I think depending on how they progress you could see them gaining minutes as the season moves along either through injury or production from they guys above like Gordon/Butts/Cadwell, etc.
    I agree that Gordon looks to be mainly a spot up shooter. He was most effective last year catching the defense off guard when coming off the bench and hit some open shots. You can tell he is not able play to 100% of his ability due to the injuries in his past but can still hit shots. In regards to Joe Charles it is hard to put a lot of expectations on a freshman and especially with him opting out of his senior season I don’t know where that will put him as far as being ready to jump into the rotation.

These are reasons why I would still like to see some added depth at forward. I saw that we offered a JUCO power forward that recently got out of his national letter of intent after signing with Alabama. The kid obviously has a ton of offers so that may be a long shot but it shows that the staff is still actively recruiting, even though at the moment the scholarship we have no open scholarships.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Hopefully being a 100 percent healthy will allow AU to be more effective. No doubt he is better in the half court and foot speed probably does limit him when it comes to transition play. However, as I said earlier the coaching staff sees more in him than the fans do. He must do things that don't show up in the stat sheet well. I agree with Dave in that Cedric's life situation may cause him to want to move on. Dou may be thinking the same thing. He is almost 25 years old and speaks 5 languages. He could probably fit in anywhere overseas while playing pro ball. His ability to guard and offensive rebound will have someone give him a shot despite his questionable decision making at times.
    Health and this team is a big assumption as always.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    I can not see Cedric returning, I think he has been playing hurt the last 2 seasons and he has a daughter and a family, I think he will probably move on, but who knows. It is possible that Dou Gueye could possibly return if he would like and that would give us some quality depth, specifically at the forward position.

Gordon and Butts both had their moments, I think with more time they will continue to improve, but Gordon seems to be primarily a spot up shooter, Butts gives us a little more in the way of athleticism off of the bench. He can drive as well as shoot. He is also less of a liability on defense as Gordon. But I do believe both Gordon and Butts if they return will both see quality minutes with Cadwell. Richards will spell Akuwba and I think you will also see Au with some big minutes as long as he is healthy. I think he is a better player than what he showed this year. I think the injury really slowed him down.

That would give you 10 guys with minutes, you also have Garnett, Wesley, and Thomas in the mix. Now if Geuye and/or Russell return that could throw a huge monkey wrench into the above.

Then you through Joe Charles and Carter Domingue into the mix and I am not sure how they will work into the lineup. I think depending on how they progress you could see them gaining minutes as the season moves along either through injury or production from they guys above like Gordon/Butts/Cadwell, etc.
    When you say Gordon and Butts are our shooters, that's exactly what our problem is. Neither is that great of a shooter. Way too much inconsistency in those 2. And not to mention Butts has some baggage on him that already got him suspended once last year. They need Greg to be that lockdown shooter. And hopefully Kobe keeps improving his outside shot as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    I agree that Gordon looks to be mainly a spot up shooter. He was most effective last year catching the defense off guard when coming off the bench and hit some open shots. You can tell he is not able play to 100% of his ability due to the injuries in his past but can still hit shots. In regards to Joe Charles it is hard to put a lot of expectations on a freshman and especially with him opting out of his senior season I don’t know where that will put him as far as being ready to jump into the rotation.

These are reasons why I would still like to see some added depth at forward. I saw that we offered a JUCO power forward that recently got out of his national letter of intent after signing with Alabama. The kid obviously has a ton of offers so that may be a long shot but it shows that the staff is still actively recruiting, even though at the moment the scholarship we have no open scholarships.
    I see they keep recruiting as well, which leads me to believe there are already 1-2 other guys they are not expecting to be back.

6. Default Re: Louisiana Officially Adds St. John's Transfer Greg Williams Jr. To Roster

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns80 View Post
    When you say Gordon and Butts are our shooters, that's exactly what our problem is. Neither is that great of a shooter. Way too much inconsistency in those 2. And not to mention Butts has some baggage on him that already got him suspended once last year. They need Greg to be that lockdown shooter. And hopefully Kobe keeps improving his outside shot as well.
    OK no where in that post did I say they were our shooters, I have reread the post multiple times. I did say that Gordon is primarily a spot up shooter, because that is what he is. By the way, Gordon shot 38.5% on 3's last year and Devin Butts shot 36% on 3's last year. That is not bad. The only player on the team that shot better, with the exception of Akuwba, who was 1-1 was Cedric Russell. Butts and Gordon were better than Harper, Garnett and Julien (small sample size). Again I did not say they were our shooters, I said Gordon is a spot up guy and Butts is able to be more creative, his biggest problem besides off the court issues was that he shot just about the same from inside 3 as outside 3. He has to improve inside the 3 point line.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information