Thread: Softball Expectations

UL Softball Softball Expectations

What is everyone expectations of the softball program? In a five year period we should win how many out of five?

Conference championships?
    Conference tournament championships?
    Regional championships?
    Super regional championships? (Get to wcws)
    Win the wcws?

Default Re: Softball Expectations

Man...this really seems like way too personal of a topic for you. Types of threads like this are not usually productive.

3. Default Re: Softball Expectations

Seems to me...

"Super regional championships?
    Get to wcws?"
    ...are the same thing.

ps will 'try' to answer questions later. I have a friend I need to consult on this at 3am.

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    Man...this really seems like way too personal of a topic for you. Types of threads like this are not usually productive.
    Nothing personal just trying to get a pulse on what and where fans expectations are.

I'll play along
    Conference, tournament and regional 5
    super regional 3
    WCWS I pray for 1
    But if we continue to be transfer U and don't build our program through the high school program you can lower all of my numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    I'll play along
    Conference, tournament and regional 5
    super regional 3
    WCWS I pray for 1
    But if we continue to be transfer U and don't build our program through the high school program you can lower all of my numbers.
    I will go with this.

Conference championships? 5 of 5
    Conference tournament championships? 4 of 5
    Regional championships? 3 of 5
    Super regional championships? (Get to wcws) 2 of 5
    Win the wcws? 1of 5

I expect us to get to the wcws 2 of 5 years and win the damn thing once. Set high goals and go after them. Unfortunately the portal has made the ncaa like free agency. I like to see 4 to 5 year kids career from start to finish, but as a mid major it is getting harder to keep up with bigger schools. Hell bigger P5 schools dont even want to play the Cajuns anymore. They are scared to get beat by the Cajuns.

EXPECT
    5 conf champs
    4 of 5 tourney champs
    3 of 5 regionals
    1 of 5 supers
    I’ll never expect to win a natty. It would be a nice surprise though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Expect. 5 conf champs
    4 of 5 tourney champs
    3 of 5 regionals
    1 of 5 supers
    I’ll never expect to win a natty. It would be a nice surprise though.
    Someone will win it every season, would be nice for us to be a yearly in the conversation team. And just maybe pull one off.

I agree but it’s not something I expect to happen. Gerry could be here for 50 years and meet all my expectations and never win a national championship and I wouldn’t want him fired.

I agree but it’s not something I expect to happen. Gerry could be here for 50 years and meet all my expectations and never win a national championship and I wouldn’t want him fired.
    Agree. I also think 2020 will always been remember as what could have been. I truly believe we would have made a strong run.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Someone will win it every season, would be nice for us to be a yearly in the conversation team. And just maybe pull one off.
    I feel like we are an in the conversation team every year. Just need the chips to fall right and win one.

We had some key injuries, that whether some people like it or not, will make a World Series run a lot more difficult. I would not consider that” chips falling right”

The main reason the Cajuns will have a shot at winning a regional or super regional this year, as opposed to others, is because this year there will be instant replay. So now, the umpires will not to be able to rule every call in favor of SEC teams. Don't forget, UL was robbed twice at LSU, one year for a foul ball that was called a home run and one year for an out at the plate that was called safe. Also, two years ago, at Ole Miss when the ump ruled Dalton didn't touch the bag at second base to get the player out. It will be interesting to see which teams get to host this year because it is being determined differently than previous years.

I feel like we are an in the conversation team every year. Just need the chips to fall right and win one.

We had some key injuries, that whether some people like it or not, will make a World Series run a lot more difficult. I would not consider that” chips falling right”
    Don't mention injuries a few others will say injuries are excuses, lol. When in fact they are reality.

Thread Information