Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Sb vs Troy G1/G2

Default Re: Sb vs Troy G1/G2

Wow. Someone...or multiple members sure did get under JMV’s skin with their posts in this game thread.

From my experience on sports message boards other member’s posts/opinions are welcome and add value to each thread.

All season I have noted that if JMV doesn’t agree with what you post then he acts like whoever made the post is a complete idiot and it makes him sound very closed minded.

I’m not saying that JMV doesn’t have inside information about the softball program, because I believe that he does and I enjoy the information he shares, but lately his posts seem like he knows EVERYTHING.

If that is the case, then why don’t we just let him start every softball thread and just wait for him to provide all information and updates? No one else knows anything about Ragin’ Cajun softball, right?

Everyone else can just read his posts and not reply (because he will call you an idiot if he doesn’t agree) and everyone will have accurate information with no input from other fans.

Just in case you didn’t catch it....JMV, you have been quite the _______ on softball threads so far this season.

Geaux Cajuns!

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    Wow. Someone...or multiple members sure did get under JMV’s skin with their posts in this game thread.

From my experience on sports message boards other member’s posts/opinions are welcome and add value to each thread.

All season I have noted that if JMV doesn’t agree with what you post then he acts like whoever made the post is a complete idiot and it makes him sound very closed minded.

I’m not saying that JMV doesn’t have inside information about the softball program, because I believe that he does and I enjoy the information he shares, but lately his posts seem like he knows EVERYTHING.

If that is the case, then why don’t we just let him start every softball thread and just wait for him to provide all information and updates? No one else knows anything about Ragin’ Cajun softball, right?

Everyone else can just read his posts and not reply (because he will call you an idiot if he doesn’t agree) and everyone will have accurate information with no input from other fans.

Just in case you didn’t catch it....JMV, you have been quite the _______ on softball threads so far this season.

Geaux Cajuns!
    Never said I know everything and other people add value only when there not trolling like Vic. A message board is built for others opinion and I respect that.

3. Default ESPN 1420 Ragin’ Cajun Softball Takes Both Games of Sunday DH at Troy

Louisiana's winning streak is now up to 16 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    I don't mind pulling Lamb, pitching staff should be able to hold that lead. Good teams won't sweat that out. I disagreed with a few of Glasco's move but not this one. If the goal is to win the WCWS, we need to develop a deeper staff and see who can perform under pressure.

On the regional recruiting, I think that is a double-edge sword. There is some good talent in the area, but this isn't the 90's. SEC programs can dominate the area, if they set their mind to it. Not sure recruiting like a travel-ball team is the right answer either.

Bottom line, we need to get good talent, and develop them. To me, that is still the question mark on Glasco. He has shown he can get good talent, can he make them better?
    I agree with you I don't care where we get the talent I too want us to develop them to be better player. My concern is how much better are you going to make a one year player. I love transfers but I also want HS talent that will be here for 4 to five years who will take ownership of the program as theirs. We all want to win I understand I am just a fan with fan expectations I don't spend time with the ladies so every thing I say is a wish and JMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    I agree with you I don't care where we get the talent I too want us to develop them to be better player. My concern is how much better are you going to make a one year player. I love transfers but I also want HS talent that will be here for 4 to five years who will take ownership of the program as theirs. We all want to win I understand I am just a fan with fan expectations I don't spend time with the ladies so every thing I say is a wish and JMO.
    Great post.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun308 View Post
    Bunting with two strikes is flat out statistically ignorant, wait Vic is right, you know everything about our club !
    It's not ignorant, it is a risky move but it is used quite a bit in certain situations.

Are you saying we haven't had injuries?

We have at least 3 starters out now and for an indefinite period. I believe the point here is that we are having a very good season even with the injuries.

As to "Transfer U", do you take a chance on a proven commodity or one with promise? I'm not wild about a bunch of transfers but without them we would not be doing as well as we are right now. IMO

We are 31-6; Coach Glasco said he was going to be aggressive on the bases in order to get more runs (because we have lost a lot of our offense due to injuries).

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun308 View Post
    Well, I can agree with you on one thing. We both love and support our Team.

BTW, the ML croonie name calling was/is childish. I’m a realist and call things as they are, as I want them to be or wish they are. I live in reality and never make excuses!
    Quick glance at your post history...every single time you've posted something on here, it's been to complain about Glasco. That's the only thing that appears to have brought you to this board.

I'm not saying Coach is above being criticized or second guessed, but it's apparent you have one main agenda. That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    As to "Transfer U", do you take a chance on a proven commodity or one with promise? I'm not wild about a bunch of transfers but without them we would not be doing as well as we are right now. IMO
    Seems like in the past year we've done pretty good on high school recruits as well, at least according to what I've read.

Obviously Coach Glasco had to go the "Transfer U" route out the gate and fill some holes after the previous coach tried to burn the place down on his way out, which was barely three years ago.

People say for new football coaches, you begin to see what their recruiting can do three and four years in, so hopefully by post season this year and next year we're seeing truly Glasco's recruits pay off big.

Back up off the ledge lads. It's softball. Relax. Some of you guys are getting way too personal and serious about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Seems like in the past year we've done pretty good on high school recruits as well, at least according to what I've read.

Obviously Coach Glasco had to go the "Transfer U" route out the gate and fill some holes after the previous coach tried to burn the place down on his way out, which was barely three years ago.

People say for new football coaches, you begin to see what their recruiting can do three and four years in, so hopefully by post season this year and next year we're seeing truly Glasco's recruits pay off big.
    I don't care where we get the athletes my point is we have to start building a foundation that will be here for years. I don't have a problem with transfers but in Saturday's game we started one HS recruit, Summer and she was a hold over from the previous party and got an extra year because of covid. We are in year three and I don't see the quality HS athletes playing or sniffing playing time. You have to build a foundation to sustain our winning level while developing players. I can't name one player we have developed in the last three years. I agree you had to do what we did but now we have to start building the base before the quality HS players no longer want to come here. Yes now I'm just taking a jab saying this but it's like the football team in year four we haven't developed a QB our best bet is a Hud holdover who once again will benefit from a covid year. I'm just a fan with fan expectations who doesn't spend time with the players and only want the best for the long haul anything I say is a guess and JMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post

I totally agree with you, he has done a great job with recruiting. I have full confidence in his recruiting and I feel he will make the choices he feels are best for the program.

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    It's not ignorant, it is a risky move but it is used quite a bit in certain situations.
    Coach Deggs may want to have a word with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    I don't care where we get the athletes my point is we have to start building a foundation that will be here for years. I don't have a problem with transfers but in Saturday's game we started one HS recruit, Summer and she was a hold over from the previous party and got an extra year because of covid. We are in year three and I don't see the quality HS athletes playing or sniffing playing time. You have to build a foundation to sustain our winning level while developing players. I can't name one player we have developed in the last three years. I agree you had to do what we did but now we have to start building the base before the quality HS players no longer want to come here. Yes now I'm just taking a jab saying this but it's like the football team in year four we haven't developed a QB our best bet is a Hud holdover who once again will benefit from a covid year. I'm just a fan with fan expectations who doesn't spend time with the players and only want the best for the long haul anything I say is a guess and JMO.
    I generally agree with your points, but will point to 3 Glasco HS athletes that are promising:

1. Taylor Roman. Pretty certain she would be an every day player had she not been injured.
    2. Sophie Piskos. Getting playing time now as a true Freshman and the future appears to be bright.
    3. Kyleigh Sand. Looks promising in the Fall, but sitting behind Dalton, Mayeux and then having Gortarez transfer in, is tough.

So, there is a little positive, but to your larger point, getting 1 - 1.5 impact HS players a year will not sustain a team.

Softball stats through 37. A lot of the hitting numbers aren't that far off form 2019, but the walks being so down skew the calculated ones (avg, slg, etc.)

Hitting:

Pitching/Def:

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread Information