Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Sb vs Troy G1/G2

Default Re: Sb vs Troy G1/G2

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    It's not ignorant, it is a risky move but it is used quite a bit in certain situations.
    Agressive coaches do it all the time with there slappers.

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    Are you saying we haven't had injuries?

We have at least 3 starters out now and for an indefinite period. I believe the point here is that we are having a very good season even with the injuries.

As to "Transfer U", do you take a chance on a proven commodity or one with promise? I'm not wild about a bunch of transfers but without them we would not be doing as well as we are right now. IMO

We are 31-6; Coach Glasco said he was going to be aggressive on the bases in order to get more runs (because we have lost a lot of our offense due to injuries).
    Injuries slow a team down, but some of the other posters aren't buying that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Quick glance at your post history...every single time you've posted something on here, it's been to complain about Glasco. That's the only thing that appears to have brought you to this board.

I'm not saying Coach is above being criticized or second guessed, but it's apparent you have one main agenda. That is all.
    Pretty much nailed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Seems like in the past year we've done pretty good on high school recruits as well, at least according to what I've read.

Obviously Coach Glasco had to go the "Transfer U" route out the gate and fill some holes after the previous coach tried to burn the place down on his way out, which was barely three years ago.

People say for new football coaches, you begin to see what their recruiting can do three and four years in, so hopefully by post season this year and next year we're seeing truly Glasco's recruits pay off big.
    Well in late 2017 Glasco was hired. The 2018 class coming in wasn't his, nor was the 2019 class who was already committed, in which he honored all those kids and only one came. The 2020 class was his first class and some of those have left due to the seniors getting there year back. 2021 will be his true first class, which by the way was ranked #1 in the nation. Word is the 2022 class will be even better than the 2021 class. Buckle up guys good times are ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Well in late 2017 Glasco was hired. The 2018 class coming in wasn't his, nor was the 2019 class who was already committed, in which he honored all those kids and only one came. The 2020 class was his first class amd some of those have left due to the seniors getting there year back. 2021 will be his true first class, which by the way was ranked #1 in the nation. Word is the 2022 class will be even better than the 2021 class. Buckle up guys good times are ahead.
    If I every get a job based on sales/production I really hope you are my boss. As good of a job as he has done I can't give him a pass on High School recruiting eventually the transfers will dry up and we need those high school players here for 4-5 years. I hope all your predictions are right because we still have to get those ladies to campus. Yes part of my non-believe is because Coach Hud had great recruiting classes that never made it to Cajun Field.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    If I every get a job based on sales/production I really hope you are my boss. As good of a job as he has done I can't give him a pass on High School recruiting eventually the transfers will dry up and we need those high school players here for 4-5 years. I hope all your predictions are right because we still have to get those ladies to campus. Yes part of my non-believe is because Coach Hud had great recruiting classes that never made it to Cajun Field.
    Not giving him a free pass just saying the timing of his hiring, plus the previous commits, and covid has made this his first true class. I am on record saying I want to see kids here 4 or 5 years. Gerry has stated he doesn't want to get known as transfer U. The 2021 class should be the first class to really build off of internally. We will still get transfers but maybe not as much. The portal will be hot next season and if we land a certain player(which I think we will) then watch out even though we will be some what young we will be very good again.

No agenda here against Coach. As a matter of fact, the majority of my relatively few posts have been about “coaching” in general. I’m a realist who is not afraid or intimidated to call out the obvious. Some of you must live a miserable life making excuses and jumping to conclusions. And to think, some of you have families and are considered the “head of the household”.

I do see that JMV is at it again !

I agree with you I don't care where we get the talent I too want us to develop them to be better player. My concern is how much better are you going to make a one year player. I love transfers but I also want HS talent that will be here for 4 to five years who will take ownership of the program as theirs. We all want to win I understand I am just a fan with fan expectations I don't spend time with the ladies so every thing I say is a wish and JMO.
    I think our HS signing class for next year is 12.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    I think our HS signing class for next year is 12.
    That is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun308 View Post
    No agenda here against Coach. As a matter of fact, the majority of my relatively few posts have been about “coaching” in general. I’m a realist who is not afraid or intimidated to call out the obvious. Some of you must live a miserable life making excuses and jumping to conclusions. And to think, some of you have families and are considered the “head of the household”.

I do see that JMV is at it again !
    No, others just agreed with me and not you. I don't get mad when other dis agree with me and agree with you. It is what it is. It is a message board that you really shouldn't take personal.

*32-6 overall record
    *14-1 conf record
    *17 game win streak
    *61 consecutive conf series

This is all that matters.

Not making excuses, but recruiting is a game played 4-6 years before a player graduates from high school, even with the rule changes. I think I remember Coach saying his relationship with Ciara Bryan was from his Georgia recruiting when she was either 7th of 8th grade. The commitments still are 3-4 years out, but since visits have been restricted and signing isn't until November of your senior year. With the size of the incoming HS class for next year, I was actually surprised that all of the commitments actually signed. I don't think all of them will stay once fall of next year is done as I'd suppose we'll probably get a transfer or two who want to come as well, but I'm hoping they all turn out great. We have only 7 seniors and 24 on the roster, so I think something's got to give at the end of the fall. We do still have five freshmen on the team right now which I tend to forget as only Piskos has seen any significant playing time. Roman is still technically a freshman, and I'm hoping she'll get a medical for this year and still be a freshman next year.

This was Scott's interview from this morning before the game discussing the double header on Sunday.

14. Default Re: Sb vs Troy G1/G2

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    No others just agreed with me and not you. I don't get mad when other dis agree with me and agree with you. It is what it is. It is a message board that you really shouldn't take personal.
    I find 4 that YOU disagree with. I don’t find any that AGREE with you as it is difficult to find such a thing with somebody that post so damn much.

How about you just sit back and let others participate. You might find that avenue a little more enjoyable. Others have opinions, suggestions, points and the right to enjoy Cajun Sports also.

The game today was fun to watch. Look forward to another great week with this team.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    I find 4 that YOU disagree with. I don’t find any that AGREE with you as it is difficult to find such a thing with somebody that post so damn much.

How about you just sit back and let others participate. You might find that avenue a little more enjoyable. Others have opinions, suggestions, points and the right to enjoy Cajun Sports also.

The game today was fun to watch. Look forward to another great week with this team.
    Plenty agreed with me just read the posts. I really don't care if you agree or not with me. And others shouldn't care if I agree with them or not. vic get the numbers right I post to much well chew on this.

vic joined in Dec 2004 and has posted 9329 times.
    JMV joined in April 2005 and has posted 2712 times.

Where did I say others can't post.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread Information