Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: BB Final: Louisiana 11, ULM 9 (G3)

Default Re: BB: Louisiana @ ULM G3

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    Bad New Bears game. That some ugly baseball right there.
    Lots of mistakes by both teams. However from the sixth inning on the Cajuns played clean baseball in all areas. I am sure some are saying typical ULM loss. They give up 7 run lead by walking people, not making routine plays (including a couple of double play balls), and bats going silent in the late innings. It has happened to us before so I bet most don't feel sympathetic towards them.

Good teams find ways to win when they aren’t having a good day. AP was off and things got rough. We took advantage of what they offered and Christie stopped them in their tracks. I’d say despite an ugly win, this is a big one for team confidence. It further supports the mindset of never being out of the game.

3. Default ESPN 1420 Cajuns Use Huge Comeback to Sweep UL-Monroe with 11-9 Win

Louisiana baseball charged back from a huge 9-2 deficit to win 11-9 and sweep the weekend series against ULM. The Cajuns have won five straight games.

4. Default Re: BB: Louisiana @ ULM G3

Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    Good teams find ways to win when they aren’t having a good day. AP was off and things got rough. We took advantage of what they offered and Christie stopped them in their tracks. I’d say despite an ugly win, this is a big one for team confidence. It further supports the mindset of never being out of the game.
    ^ This!

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Lots of mistakes by both teams. However from the sixth inning on the Cajuns played clean baseball in all areas. I am sure some are saying typical ULM loss. They give up 7 run lead by walking people, not making routine plays (including a couple of double play balls), and bats going silent in the late innings. It has happened to us before so I bet most don't feel sympathetic towards them.
    We did keep our cool in the 6th. ULM started digging a hole and we simply let them. Sweeps are always nice. I often forget this is not pro ball, which is my issue, no one else's.

Default Re: BB Final: Louisiana 11, ULM 9 (G3)

Quick update on stats. Since this is a game# by game# comparison, I've excluded 2020 since they only played 17 and would skew it. Also, you can ignore the gdp number, because that's being entered wrong for some reason. Know with 100% certainty we've grounded into more than 3 double plays. Live stats will often say "hit into double play" and those aren't getting counted here.

Hitting through 28:

Pitching/Fielding through 28:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information