Thread: Chester Gosnell

1. People Chester Gosnell

.The former CHSNI all American andCajun star RB and punter passed away.coached in High schools and at ULwas among a long list of former and present Cath High grads to play for the Cajuns.had a shot at the pros punting but hurt his knee badly .remember many games with the 2 of us in the backfieldlove you Chester and his wife former HC queen Myra Gosnell!!!

Default Re: Chester Gosnell

May he Rest In Peace! ��

Good man. Watched him play as a student. Tough RB.

4. Default

When I was in highschool (Abbeville late 1970's) Chester Gosnell did a substitute teaching stint. I can't remember the length of time.

Long enough for me to come to the conclusion that he was the coolest guy on the planet.

Magnetic personality.

Years later I found out about his UL background

5. Default Re: Chester Gosnell

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    .The former CHSNI all American andCajun star RB and punter passed away.coached in High schools and at ULwas among a long list of former and present Cath High grads to play for the Cajuns.had a shot at the pros punting but hurt his knee badly .remember many games with the 2 of us in the backfieldlove you Chester and his wife former HC queen Myra Gosnell!!!
    Forgot to mention being the God father of Ginger (GiGi) and watching son Marc play at Acadiana!

Chester Gosnell and Edward Pratt at running backs and Bill Bayard/David Doerle at QB won the state champion game in 1962 for the Catholic High Panthers. They also had a soph linebacker named
    Mike Neustrom. Ray Blanco was the head coach with assistant Bobby Banna.

7. Default Re: Chester Gosnell

Quote Originally Posted by Redmoose View Post
    Chester Gosnell and Edward Pratt at running backs and Bill Bayard/David Doerle at QB won the state champion game in 1962 for the Catholic High Panthers. They also had a soph linebacker named
    Mike Neustrom. Ray Blanco was the head coach with assistant Bobby Banna.
    .and Herbie LeBlanc, Ray Scott, John Connery, Tim LeBlanc, George Gros, Miles Gosnell, Kenny Grieg.I remember more but not names nowoh and manager Bill “Blackjack” Landry!

Great men! Ray Scott was our head coach at CHS.
    Include Rodney Louque and the Mitchell brothers, who both played defensive line for USL(UL).

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    .The former CHSNI all American andCajun star RB and punter passed away.coached in High schools and at ULwas among a long list of former and present Cath High grads to play for the Cajuns.had a shot at the pros punting but hurt his knee badly .remember many games with the 2 of us in the backfieldlove you

Chester and his wife former HC queen Myra Gosnell!!!
    Is he kin to MarK or Ginger Gosnell, from Acadiana High?

10. Default Re: Chester Gosnell

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun View Post
    Is he kin to MarK or Ginger Gosnell, from Acadiana High?
    .lChester and his wife Myra(librarian at Acadiana for years) are the parents of Mark and Gigi.

Thread Information