Thread: UL Projected to Travel for In-State SB Regional

1. UL Softball UL Projected to Travel for In-State SB Regional

The Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns are projected to be part of a field of three in-state college softball teams for the 2021 NCAA Regionals.

Default Re: UL Projected to Travel for In-State SB Regional

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    The Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns are projected to be part of a field of three in-state college softball teams for the 2021 NCAA Regionals.

Way to early to be looking at projections.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Way to early to be looking at projections.
    Agree! Plus, A&M BR was swept by Florida.

4. Default Re: UL Projected to Travel for In-State SB Regional

History has shown that two most important factors used by post season selection committees ARE preconceived notions and early season projections.

It is definitely too early, but if I was a betting man (and I am), the odds of us hosting a regional aren't very good . maybe +250

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    It is definitely too early, but if I was a betting man (and I am), the odds of us hosting a regional aren't very good . maybe +250
    If the season ended right now your correct we would not host. We probably will not host anyway. My main thing is for folks not to but a whole lot of stock in where we are going to play and who will be in that regional etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    History has shown that two most important factors used by post season selection committees ARE preconceived notions and early season projections.
    yeah.no. Prove me wrong.

If we can sweep Bama and the rest of The season, we should be good. Staying positive.

Quote Originally Posted by bbhstiger5 View Post
    If we can sweep Bama and the rest of The season, we should be good. Staying positive.
    Also keep in mind these teams only playing conference games and some of the big teams not playing as many total games, and starting later in the season. How will all that affect seeding? That why coach Glasco has said just getting games played is very important.

Gonna be hard, but we need to stay focus on the next game and it may happen. We should dominate this weekend. Anything less would be a disappointment.

Why do they think LSU will host? At this point they have lost more than a third of their games. They are 4-7 against SEC teams. They are the only team in the top 30 with 10 or more losses. Maybe it's because of their strength of schedule. I guess I just answered my own question. But, what happens if they finish below .500 in the SEC and lose 20 games? Will they still host?

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    Why do they think LSU will host? At this point they have lost more than a third of their games. They are 4-7 against SEC teams. They are the only team in the top 30 with 10 or more losses. Maybe it's because of their strength of schedule. I guess I just answered my own question. But, what happens if they finish below .500 in the SEC and lose 20 games? Will they still host?
    Of course they’ll host.

We need to TCOB and make the tournament and let the chips fall where they may.

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    Because the SEC has controlled the NCAA for many years, especially in softball. The selection process has never been fair.

14. Default Re: UL Projected to Travel for In-State SB Regional

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Also keep in mind these teams only playing conference games and some of the big teams not playing as many total games, and starting later in the season. How will all that affect seeding? That why coach Glasco has said just getting games played is very important.
    The significant RPI advantage traditionally benefiting teams in the elite conferences is steeped in their respective OOC schedules. That is, every team benefits playing its respective conference members due to heavy positive W/L % contribution to their own OWP. With either the absence of non-conference games or the reduction of non-conference games, this advantage will be commensurately limited.

As an extreme example, the worst thing a conference like the SEC could do is only play conference games. In this case, you likely would see all teams grouped in the middle tiers (some higher, some lower due to W/L %) of the RPI rankings as OWP's would hover around .500. Imagine the howls and confusion when the SEC winner finishes with an RPI ranking of 91 (in this contrived example).

As important (if not more) as the Cajuns getting games scheduled . the Cajuns need conference opponents to schedule games (non-conference) . and perform well.

Brian

Thread Information