Thread: UL Football History Lives Next Door

UL Football UL Football History Lives Next Door

I moved to Houston a little over a year ago and immediately connected with my neighbor who was a wide receiver in college and the pro’s. He was doing some spring cleaning and found a print out of his some stats from college... He broke the receiving record against UL in 1989, when Lamar came to Cajun field and played against a Brain Mitchell and the Cajuns. Chris Ford caught 10 for 123 yards... Pretty interesting...He told me that the Cajuns beat them in the 4th quarter and that he didn’t realize how good they were until he saw that they had lost to Alabama by 1 point the week before. The glory days... Brian Mitchell was on the Heisman watch list and when Lamar pulled up in their bus, Brian was outside taunting them telling them they were next. LOL

Anyway, cool guy. I love hearing his football stories. Unfortunately, the years of football and concussions have caused him to develop ALS. Just a bit of history...

2. Default Re: UL Football History Lives Next Door

Very cool history.

3. Default Re: UL Football History Lives Next Door

Quote Originally Posted by Tripple Threat View Post
    I moved to Houston a little over a year ago and immediately connected with my neighbor who was a wide receiver in college and the pro’s. He was doing some spring cleaning and found a print out of his some stats from college... He broke the receiving record against UL in 1989, when Lamar came to Cajun field and played against a Brain Mitchell and the Cajuns. Chris Ford caught 10 for 123 yards... Pretty interesting...He told me that the Cajuns beat them in the 4th quarter and that he didn’t realize how good they were until he saw that they had lost to Alabama by 1 point the week before. The glory days... Brian Mitchell was on the Heisman watch list and when Lamar pulled up in their bus, Brian was outside taunting them telling them they were next. LOL

Anyway, cool guy. I love hearing his football stories. Unfortunately, the years of football and concussions have caused him to develop ALS. Just a bit of history...
    Looked him up, seems he only appeared in 1 NFL game for the TB Bucs and spent quite a bit of time on the practice squad, but had a pretty good career in the AFL (Arena Football League) as he spent 6 years in that league catching 157 passes and 31 TD's over his career. Also played on Defense and had 51 career tackles.

Default Re: UL Football History Lives Next Door

Yep, he also played world league.

Thread Information