Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Final G2: UL 3, UTA 8

Default Re: UL vs UTA G2

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Bryan and Milz aren't getting it done?
    I’ll give you Bryan, But Milz is hitting under 300.

Kean, Heath, Gortarez?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    What are you talking about Bryan has been our best player this year.
    No, he was responding to my comment about players not getting it done.

Bryan was his example of somebody getting it done.

This is by far the worst team in the last 20 years. They do not play as a team. Going to be a very long season.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    I’ll give you Bryan, But Milz is hitting under 300.

Kean, Heath, Gortarez?
    Milz has been a clutch hitter who really wasn't expected to start. Kean is working herself back from an injury. Heath lost a month of January and was supposed to red shirt. Gortarez would be better serve to stay at SS. She can't play 3rd without it bothering her at bats. At the end of the day we lack fundamentals, not talent. We better get this figured out real quik. Can't believe Boswell is on the pine. We also really miss Raina and Taylor leadership and bats.

Quote Originally Posted by Sbbilly View Post
    This is by far the worst team in the last 20 years. They do not play as a team. Going to be a very long season.
    Give a few examples of not playing as a team? We suck defensively and that is what is hurting us. We have gave up a ton of unearned runs.

6. Default Re: UL vs UTA G2

Milz has been a clutch hitter who really wasn't expected to start. Kean is working herself back from an injury. Heath lost a month of January and was supposed to red shirt. Gortarez would be better serve to stay at SS. She can't play 3rd without it bothering her at bats. At the end of the day we lack fundamentals, not talent. We better get this figured out real quik. Can't believe Boswell is on the pine. We also really miss Raina and Taylor leadership and bats.
    We need more of the 13 or 14 starters to step up for this club. Two are gone but how about the other 11 or 12?

I didn’t say we lacked talent. And the fact that you are admitting we are suffering fundamentally would seem to suggest that players aren’t getting their job done.

And I think repeatedly plugging players in to positions contributes to those problems with fundamentals.

Honestly?

I think Glasgow might be impatient and he’s panicking.

I don’t think anybody anticipated summer falling off this much, and I still don’t know if I’m ready to put our eggs in Kandra’s basket.

Both of our pitchers have thrown over 100 pitches in the respective games this weekend.

Robe said it best:

“ chemistry can make an average team great or It can make a great team average.”

On paper, we have tons of talent but there’s an an awkward lack of translation of that talent onto the field.

What a garbage day. You just start to get a little optimistic then bang. I know it’s bending discussed, but I still have to say it. What the he’ll is wrong with softball? Geez. Us my asked that since one of Mike’s teams started with a losing record like 7 years ago.

I agree with Glasco panicking. Way to many lineup changes. Curry should NEVER bat for Bryan. The love for her is puzzling. Also, The vocal leaders need to step up and rattle the cages. We have .400 hitters not even hitting .300.

10. Default Re: UL vs UTA G2

Curry batted for an injured Alderink.

Summer is definitely not pitching to the caliber she’s used to. Wasn’t she carrying like a sub 2 career ERA? She a former all everything pitcher. It’s tough to watch knowing her past and what she’s capable of. Glasco mentioned his concern in an early or pre season interview. I’m guessing he’s still concerned.

Gortarez has too many errors and Glasco has said her bat is not working. His other two concerns were team chemistry and pitching. I think Lamb is showing up but has to reduce number of balls she throws. Results into many walks and a high pitch count. Summer has continued to throw as she has in fall. Coach hoped she would resume being Summer. Not yet. I know we have, on paper, a world of talent coming in over the next two years. I also know we are supposed to have a world of talent now. I hope we get to see that talent gel. Will continue to support team and coach. Long history of being good and expect we will again. But right now we aren’t where anyone wants us to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunduckman View Post
    Curry batted for an injured Alderink.
    Pretty sure that Curry hit for Bryan. Mind boggling

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    I didn’t say we lacked talent. And the fact that you are admitting we are suffering fundamentally would seem to suggest that players aren’t getting their job done.

And I think repeatedly plugging players in to positions contributes to those problems with fundamentals.

Honestly?

I think Glasgow might be impatient and he’s panicking.

I don’t think anybody anticipated summer falling off this much, and I still don’t know if I’m ready to put our eggs in Kandra’s basket.

Both of our pitchers have thrown over 100 pitches in the respective games this weekend.

Robe said it best:

“ chemistry can make an average team great or It can make a great team average.”

On paper, we have tons of talent but there’s an an awkward lack of translation of that talent onto the field.
    Your Robe quote IS the problem with the team. There should be three leaders on this team.
    Summerr, Dalton and Rawls. They just don't seem to be leading. I don't mean with softball skills, I mean with leadership skills.

Quote Originally Posted by 60swerethebest View Post
    Gortarez has too many errors and Glasco has said her bat is not working. His other two concerns were team chemistry and pitching. I think Lamb is showing up but has to reduce number of balls she throws. Results into many walks and a high pitch count. Summer has continued to throw as she has in fall. Coach hoped she would resume being Summer. Not yet. I know we have, on paper, a world of talent coming in over the next two years. I also know we are supposed to have a world of talent now. I hope we get to see that talent gel. Will continue to support team and coach. Long history of being good and expect we will again. But right now we aren’t where anyone wants us to be.
    Your statement that Kandra ends up giving too many walks is just not accurate for this year. Previous years she has. This year her walks are down dramatically. She did give up two the other night back to back at the end of the game. But she's not giving up five or six like she used to each game. Check the stats.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information