Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: After Big Friday Night Win, Louisiana Drops Series vs TCU 1-2

Default Re: G3 Louisiana vs TCU

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    TCU pitcher sitting 93-97. Slider 83 for strikes. 10 scouts here to see him.
    Vic would like to talk to you. When I mentioned on the other board that scouts were there vic said they don't scout on sundays. He is clueless.

2. Default Re: G3 Louisiana vs TCU

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Vic would like to talk to you. When I mentioned on the other board that scouts were there vic said they don't scout on sundays. He is clueless.
    I said they don’t usually scout pitchers on Sunday. You are clueless and you can’t read to boot.

I also said most sitting in the scouting section were wearing TCU purple or Cajun’s red.

You are incorrigible.

Default Re: G3 Louisiana vs TCU

A few observations as we go into conference play next weekend
    1- our best baseball is in front of us. Unfortunately we will have to win the tourney to get into postseason play. And i think we have the depth to possibly do that
    2- we have got to throw strikes, eliminate walks, and play better defense. Period. End of discussion. 92-95 out the strike zone does us no good.
    3- if we see the same quality arms we have seen in the past 2 weeks during conference play...we in for a long rest of the season at the plate. I keep hearing “we compete hard at the plate” but im not sure what that means anymore. If swinging as hard as u can with a big long swing is competing hard...then we competing our azz off. We have shown no sign of making any sort of adjustment what so ever.

4. UL Baseball TCU delivers early knockout punch to Cajuns to take weekend series

After winning their first three weekend series of the season, UL has lost two straight heading into the start of Sun Belt play Friday against Coastal Carolina.

5. UL Baseball Louisiana Drops Rubber Match to TCU, 5-1

Louisaina Baseball dropped the rubber match of this weekend's series against No. 15 TCU, 5-1, at M.L. 'Tigue' Moore Field at Russo Park on Sunday afternoon.

TCU picked up four runs in the first inning off Louisiana's starter Carter Robinson (1-1), scoring all of its runs with two outs.

The Horned Frogs got its runs on a three-run home run from Conner Shepherd and then scored on an RBI-double from Phillip Sikes, making the game 4-0 after one.

The Ragin' Cajuns' hitters had trouble will TCU's pitching all afternoon until Drake Osborn picked up a single to right field in the sixth inning, breaking up a no-hitter.

Following the Osborn single, Johnny Ray (1-1), TCU's starting pitcher, exited after retiring 15 of 16 batters.

Louisiana (11-10) made efforts to plate a run in the back half of the game with Connor Kimple singling to left field to open the seventh and pair of other Ragin' Cajuns grabbing hits later in the contest.

Aside from surrendering the early four runs, Louisiana's pitching was great all afternoon. The Ragin' Cajuns saw scoreless appearances from Chipper Menard, Jacob Schultz and Conor Angel. Menard tied his season-long outing with 2.0 inning pitched.

Louisiana did add a run in the ninth inning on a fielding error by TCU's (13-7) second baseman, getting to the final score of 5-1.

Louisiana does not have a midweek matchup this week and will welcome Coastal Carolina for a four-game series starting on Friday.

Default Re: Final G3: Louisiana 1, TCU 5

I’m in need of some education re: the two calls at 2nd- top 8th and bottom 9th. Seems that we should have been down 4-0 in the 9th- with bases loaded, 1 out, and a chance to win it.

My opinion is that the “blue on 2” screwed us on two calls. May as well have been wearing purple the last two innings. Someone tell me why I’m wrong.

7. Default ESPN 1420 Cajuns Baseball Drops Series Deciding Game 3 to TCU 5-1

Louisiana's bats go cold as they lose the deciding game of the weekend series against TCU 5-1

8. Default Re: Final G3: Louisiana 1, TCU 5

Quote Originally Posted by DannyP View Post
    I’m in need of some education re: the two calls at 2nd- top 8th and bottom 9th. Seems that we should have been down 4-0 in the 9th- with bases loaded, 1 out, and a chance to win it.

My opinion is that the “blue on 2” screwed us on two calls. May as well have been wearing purple the last two innings. Someone tell me why I’m wrong.
    ....thought that there were some great defensive plays during the series...tcu has some errors but some great plays as did the Cajuns! And can someone explain the non interference call on the double play and the other???

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ....thought that there were some great defensive plays during the series...tcu has some errors but some great plays as did the Cajuns! And can someone explain the non interference call on the double play and the other???
    Curious as to what teams like TCU from the Big 12 (coaches, players and fans) think of UL baseball after playing here, hearing our 7th inning stretch, enjoying the cooking club, seeing our facilities and being in what many have said is a a Top 10 college baseball environment.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Curious as to what teams like TCU from the Big 12 (coaches, players and fans) think of UL baseball after playing here, hearing our 7th inning stretch, enjoying the cooking club, seeing our facilities and being in what many have said is a a Top 10 college baseball environment.
    TCU will say they love the total experience, especially kicking our azzzz 2 of the 3 games...all that noise doesn't mean a damnnnn thing if our side doesn't win...period. What, we suck, but we look really good doing it...really?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    They had a classy thank you for the hospitality post on Twitter. Their coach spent time at Tulane in the post so he is familiar with our program.

12. Default Re: Final G3: Louisiana 1, TCU 5

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    They had a classy thank you for the hospitality post on Twitter. Their coach spent time at Tulane in the post so he is familiar with our program.
    ....Talked to a mom and pop post game.....very impressed with our team (we did win one and maybe could have gotten another)....also as usual blown away with the hospitality....there is something here that is special that we take for granted....maybe it is all the cULture stuff!

13. Default Re: After Big Friday Night Win, Louisiana Drops Series vs TCU 1-2

Desperately seeking that cULture of winning.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread Information