Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5

Thread: Final: G2 Louisiana 10, Texas 9

Default Re: Final: G2 Louisiana 10, Texas 9

Maybe somebody with a little bit more sophisticated knowledge than me can answer this question.

Am I correct in speculating that both Glasgow and Deggs end up sacrificing defense when they make these plug-ins for Offense?

Seems like in both situations, we end up with folks playing out a position and we end up paying for it with an increase in errors.

Put me down for thinking it would be cool to get the win and the save.

And I will give Stevie P all of the credit in the world for turning me on to softball and women’s basketball.

But he has become insufferable. It’s getting painful to listen to games and I am just too damn lazy to turn his show off in the morning.

Yeah, I also dig on Ian calling games.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    Maybe somebody with a little bit more sophisticated knowledge than me can answer this question.

Am I correct in speculating that both Glasgow and Deggs end up sacrificing defense when they make these plug-ins for Offense?

Seems like in both situations, we end up with folks playing out a position and we end up paying for it with an increase in errors.

And I will give Stevie P all of the credit in the world for turning me on to softball and women’s basketball.

But he has become insufferable. It’s getting painful to listen to games and I am just too damn lazy to turn his show off in the morning.

Looks like the UTA stream for the game tonight might be free. Hope we can get it.

Default Re: UL vs Texas SB G2

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Even the Longhorn announcers were saying how all of the close calls in the first game along with the one he got thrown out for went the way of Texas. The first was at home plat where they kept showing that Rawls was safe. He should trend.
    It's true we didn't get the calls, but we do need to improve the base running. When Dalton was thrown out at the plate, it was by 10 or 15 feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post

I am also for Ian calling softball, Stevie is terrible and always talk about what he would do, wwe wrestling, dairy queen and so much other stuff that is irrelevant. Wish he would go to each player and get some bio information and maybe talk about that. Glasco is looking to put the hottest(not necessary the best) hitters in the lineup. If you can hit you will play and yes that sometimes comes at the expense of the defense. As for Deggs I am not sure of his methods in regard to hitting versus defense.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    I am also for Ian calling softball, Stevie is terrible and always talk about what he would do, wwe wrestling, dairy queen and so much other stuff that is irrelevant. Wish he would go to each player and get some bio information and maybe talk about that. Glasco is looking to put the hottest(not necessary the best) hitters in the lineup. If you can hit you will play and yes that sometimes comes at the expense of the defense. As for Deggs I am not sure of his methods in regard to hitting versus defense.
    The Texas radio guy was very good, knowledgeable, and professional. As he should, he was pulling for his team. But he was very fair and complimentary to us.

6. Default Re: Final: G2 Louisiana 10, Texas 9

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    The Texas radio guy was very good, knowledgeable, and professional. As he should, he was pulling for his team. But he was very fair and complimentary to us.
    .I once gave the split finger Texas hand signal to a longhorn fan and as they were looking I stuck out my thumb for the UL signthey got a laugh out of it after a bit of surprise! I guess I brought the index and pinky a little to the center also for a better U!anyway everybody try it NOW!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    That dude, Stevie P, is just lazy. Sports Info puts out reems of information weekly he could use, bio's, historical stats, current stats, etc. Not only on UL, but the other team as well (they may provide thier own). Dude just doesn't want to do his homework, thinks he's a poormans Jay Walker.because, Jay does his homework

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5

Thread Information