Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Thread: Men’s Basketball

Default Re: Men’s Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    What about Shields at Little Rock why no one talks about what happened after he got canned.

And then you have App state so a 67% chance it works out.
    Marlin only has a 9% chance of winning more than 1 game in the SBC tournament

Scott, saw you had a featured role on SP last night...lol

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Scott, saw you had a featured role on SP last night...lol
    I got diabetes so I get the shot first.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Some good news for a couple of players. Cedric Russell makes first team all conference while Theo Awkuba named defensive player of the year for the SBC. Congratulations to both.
    Not surprising on Awkuba. He caused us to be in the top 20 in the country in Bpg.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    Whether it is UTA or Georgia State, when I say "separate ourselves," I don't mean throw all of this ton of money into the program. The problem is that we are already doing that. We have the highest paid coach in the league with an arena that went through a full makeover a few years ago. We have everything we need right this minute to win championships consistently in this conference. That's where the frustration comes from with the fans. Georgia State recruits to a glorified high school gym. Little Rock is like a twin sister to UNO. They have both been to the tournament more recently than we have.

There is obviously something not going right with what we are currently doing.
    There is absolutely no reason why we shouldn't have better results as you say. How many young coaches out there are available who inject something great into your program and energize a fanbase? There have to be a number of them when you look at the lack of HC turnover at high profile schools. I'd be willing to take that chance. If it doesn't work out, you don't point fingers you just move on and go after the next one. All it takes is one good hire who catches fire and then they make this an attractive job for the next guy. Kind of like what Napier is doing. He will make it actually easier to fill his spot when he moves on due to his success.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    There is absolutely no reason why we shouldn't have better results as you say. How many young coaches out there are available who inject something great into your program and energize a fanbase? There have to be a number of them when you look at the lack of HC turnover at high profile schools. I'd be willing to take that chance. If it doesn't work out, you don't point fingers you just move on and go after the next one. All it takes is one good hire who catches fire and then they make this an attractive job for the next guy. Kind of like what Napier is doing. He will make it actually easier to fill his spot when he moves on due to his success.
    There’s definitely some young coaches out there who would take a lower salary and take us to a higher level than now. Look no further than across the street at Cajun Field.

Where do you think we get seeded Sunday ? The SBC west should get 2 or 3 in right?

8. Default Re: Men’s Basketball

Where do you think we get seeded Sunday ? The SBC west should get 2 or 3 in right?
    Put down the pipe

The 'belt getting a group discount in the CBI this year?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Thread Information