Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: MBB: Cajuns' comeback felt better, but what does future hold?

1. UL Basketball MBB: Cajuns' comeback felt better, but what does future hold?

The result is the same.

For some, though, the impression is different.

When UL’s men’s basketball team trailed 52-35 at the half of Sunday’s Sun Belt Tournament semifinals to East No. 1 seed Georgia State, the Ragin’ Cajuns had one of two choices.

Default Re: MBB: Cajuns' comeback felt better, but what does future hold?

I like how Foote brought some of the shortcomings to light here. I can't imagine either Dou or Russell coming back but we'll see. Just throwing it out there but we need a PG badly. There is a guy out there who is one of the best players in the state and certainly one of the best competitors just looking for a full offer. Not saying he's the entire answer to our problems but Carter Domingue is efficient and he's a bulldog. No way you can tell me that Michael Thomas or even Trajan Wesley have better physical characteristics.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I like how Foote brought some of the shortcomings to light here. I can't imagine either Dou or Russell coming back but we'll see. Just throwing it out there but we need a PG badly. There is a guy out there who is one of the best players in the state and certainly one of the best competitors just looking for a full offer. Not saying he's the entire answer to our problems but Carter Domingue is efficient and he's a bulldog. No way you can tell me that Michael Thomas or even Trajan Wesley have better physical characteristics.
    Carter is a natural point guard whose motor never stops! 6’3”/215lbs., strong, physical, quick first step and can shoot, assist, rebound and defend with quick hands stealing the ball. The kid played played both football and basketball, participating as a key starter with both teams during football season! This kid is the complete package and extremely intelligent....4.0gpa, 32ACT. HE HAS NATURAL LEADERSHIP ABILITIES, CONSTANTLY COMMUNICATES ON BOTH SIDES OF THE COURT AND TAKES CHARGE...something our Ragin Cajun basketball team is lacking.

He was offered...maybe academic/athletic combo scholarship? https://espn1420.com/carter-domingue...ul-basketball/

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    He was offered...maybe academic/athletic combo scholarship? https://espn1420.com/carter-domingue...ul-basketball/
    He was not offered a basketball scholly. He is about have atleast 3 open scholarships, so he better give one to Domingue.

7. Default Re: MBB: Cajuns' comeback felt better, but what does future hold?

With those academic numbers, this guy will get a full ride on the academic side plus tops.

Technically there is no open scholarships at the moment. The 2 that will open from Russell and Gueye have already gone to Joe Charles and Ty Harper (who was given a special exemption to play this year since he was already out of High School). I would expect a few to open up with transfers. Spenkuch played 11 minutes and didn’t score on the season. I don’t remember a scholarship guy playing that little ever (and on top of that at least 3 scholarship guys were out every game between Wesley, Cadwell, and Julien/Au).

The transfer portal had over 1,000 D1 players in it last year, and that was before the 1 time transfer rule went into place. I think the flood gates will truly open this year between the new rule and the extra year of eligibility for all. I’m sure guys like Wilson and Harper will have attention from high major programs. At the same time there will be guys buried on the bench at high level programs that will realize the NBA dream might be over but if they can get a chance to showcase their skills at the mid major level they could still continue play internationally once their college career is done.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    Technically there is no open scholarships at the moment. The 2 that will open from Russell and Gueye have already gone to Joe Charles and Ty Harper (who was given a special exemption to play this year since he was already out of High School). I would expect a few to open up with transfers. Spenkuch played 11 minutes and didn’t score on the season. I don’t remember a scholarship guy playing that little ever (and on top of that at least 3 scholarship guys were out every game between Wesley, Cadwell, and Julien/Au).

The transfer portal had over 1,000 D1 players in it last year, and that was before the 1 time transfer rule went into place. I think the flood gates will truly open this year between the new rule and the extra year of eligibility for all. I’m sure guys like Wilson and Harper will have attention from high major programs. At the same time there will be guys buried on the bench at high level programs that will realize the NBA dream might be over but if they can get a chance to showcase their skills at the mid major level they could still continue play internationally once their college career is done.
    Wesley, Spenkuch, and Thomas probably will be gone.

Quote Originally Posted by cwl1951 View Post
    Carter is a natural point guard whose motor never stops! 6’3”/215lbs., strong, physical, quick first step and can shoot, assist, rebound and defend with quick hands stealing the ball. The kid played played both football and basketball, participating as a key starter with both teams during football season! This kid is the complete package and extremely intelligent....4.0gpa, 32ACT. HE HAS NATURAL LEADERSHIP ABILITIES, CONSTANTLY COMMUNICATES ON BOTH SIDES OF THE COURT AND TAKES CHARGE...something our Ragin Cajun basketball team is lacking.
    Here's my question, and this is not sarcasm but where are his offers from other mid-majors? To be honest, I have not seen him play in person but I've seen him play a few times on TV. From what I seen, he has many of those intangibles that you list, but how does he match up against a good PG like Allen from Georgia State? From what I've seen, he is not quick enough to guard an athlete that posses the skills of Allen. But I'm interested in your feed back sense you mentioned him.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post

From what I've heard, I fully expect Wesley, Cadwell and Spenckuch to be gone.

May be more of a SG instead of PG at the next level?

Quote Originally Posted by cwl1951 View Post
    I know him very well and live next door to his grandparents. Good kid and great player. Only concern I'd have about him at next level is quickness at the PG spot. Outside of that, he needs to keep working on his outside shot but he is a natural for the position. If we're going to continually take chances on players at the PG spot, I think there is little downside to offering him. Don't think he's going anywhere and would likely actually be here for 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Preferred walk on

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Here's my question, and this is not sarcasm but where are his offers from other mid-majors? To be honest, I have not seen him play in person but I've seen him play a few times on TV. From what I seen, he has many of those intangibles that you list, but how does he match up against a good PG like Allen from Georgia State? From what I've seen, he is not quick enough to guard an athlete that posses the skills of Allen. But I'm interested in your feed back sense you mentioned him.
    T, I've seen him play a lot and even coached my son against him years ago and I'm familiar with him. I agree about the quickness and I think that's probably the knock on him especially with Covid and likely a lack of visits by coaches, they are only going by what they see on Maxpreps or measurables. I would offer though that I don't know how much slower he is than say a Russell and I'm sure covering some of the quicker guys out there could be troublesome but Au was able to go out there and guard guys and there's no way he's got better quickness than Carter.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information