Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9

Thread: MBB Final: Louisiana 73, GSU 84

Default Re: MBB: Louisiana vs Georgia State

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Basketball did not play the last place SEC team in 2018. LSU was middle of the pack and beat us by 8 in Baton Rouge.
    He’s talking about Ole Miss.

Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 73, GSU 84

I remember that game now. Cedric Russell first game in which he got a quick technical foul. Someone asked about All Tournament team. Malik Wilson did make it and honor was well deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    It’s all about the return on investment. If you invest a quality product, you will get a return via fan support. Continue to pad your record with LSU-A and Dillard, and you get a Cajundome hosting 500 fans.
    Broadhead has lost to Dillard multiple times and doesn’t draw 500 except on middle school skip...errr....education day game. Where’s the ROI there? Not even padding record when you can’t beat a schedule filler. Where does his pay rank in the conference?

Asking for a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    I definitely think basketball attendance was higher twenty years ago. Just use RP as a measuring stick. Way more fan traction on a mid-week baseball game thread than a Saturday night basketball game. Basketball is without a doubt the bigger money generating sport in the NCAA, I’m not questioning that. But the trends, in my opinion, are switching in the south.
    We had this argument with the baseball or die guys a while back and I went back and looked at attendance and I'm telling you, attendance over the course of a season did not have any substantial more attendance then than now. Now, on certain years when we had a solid team, yes attendance spiked but it was absolutely no higher than say the year we had JJ Thomas and the great win streak or even the year in 2017? where we won the conference championship.

In regards to the south, I still think this is inaccurate. If anything, I think its the opposite. I will certainly admit that the cajuns have a unique thing here with baseball attendance because in many years, its not far behind basketball in overall attendance but this is just not true for just about all other programs. Those teams I mentioned earlier are seeing record attendance numbers, sharing in more revenue dollars and paying coaches higher and higher salaries.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Broadhead has lost to Dillard multiple times and doesn’t draw 500 except on middle school skip...errr....education day game. Where’s the ROI there? Not even padding record when you can’t beat a schedule filler.

Asking for a friend.
    I will always give Broadhead the benefit of the doubt more so than Marlin. He inherited just a horrible situation and played for the SBC conference championship this year. I can deal with a slower build on his part due to where we were and the fact its just hard to get talent to come here. Plus, he's not the highest paid coach in the league is he?

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Broadhead has lost to Dillard multiple times and doesn’t draw 500 except on middle school skip...errr....education day game. Where’s the ROI there? Not even padding record when you can’t beat a schedule filler. Where does his pay rank in the conference?

Asking for a friend.
    Apples to oranges. Women’s basketball, outside of 2007, has been stagnant here since it started. It’s also not the 2nd largest revenue generated sport in college athletics like Men’s Basketball. Brodhead has taken a program with basically no tradition whatsoever and done something with it. He’s also won consolation postseason tournaments twice along with making the conference tournament finals twice. This year he is going to the WNIT. He’s also done that in 9 years compared to Marlin’s 11. As far as his salary, I’m not sure how to compare it to other conference teams, but I am pretty sure it is not the highest salary.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    No its not
    Basketball may not be dead in the deep South, but it is certainly dead in Lafayette, LA! Hell, I'm a season ticket holder for many years and just went to 3 home games this season. And then, once I got to the Dome and started watching, I started to wonder why I was even there!

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    Apples to oranges. Women’s basketball, outside of 2007, has been stagnant here since it started. It’s also not the 2nd largest revenue generated sport in college athletics like Men’s Basketball. Brodhead has taken a program with basically no tradition whatsoever and done something with it. He’s also won consolation postseason tournaments twice along with making the conference tournament finals twice. This year he is going to the WNIT. He’s also done that in 9 years compared to Marlin’s 11. As far as his salary, I’m not sure how to compare it to other conference teams, but I am pretty sure it is not the highest salary.
    There have been very little invested in funding WBB and facilities compared to MBB. It's not even close if anyone wants to read the last State Audit.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    Basketball may not be dead in the deep South, but it is certainly dead in Lafayette, LA! Hell, I'm a season ticket holder for many years and just went to 3 home games this season. And then, once I got to the Dome and started watching, I started to wonder why I was even there!
    I've heard this from a number of long time supporters. It's not going to change until a decision is made to change the direction of the program.

Its not easy winning 3 games in a row in March. We just gotta get better and finish off the season with 3 wins. Easier said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by BBOYD View Post
    Its not easy winning 3 games in a row in March. We just gotta get better and finish off the season with 3 wins. Easier said than done.
    I'd agree with that Brad. But, we didn't show any consistency all year long, outside of that run at Texas State in the middle of the year. We are what we are, a talented team that never put it together. We never had a shot at putting 3 good games in a row together.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns80 View Post
    I'd agree with that Brad. But, we didn't show any consistency all year long, outside of that run at Texas State in the middle of the year. We are what we are, a talented team that never put it together. We never had a shot at putting 3 good games in a row together.
    We won 5 games in a row at one point during conference play. Not sure those were 5 good performances but they were victorious outings.

We won 5 games in a row at one point during conference play. Not sure those were 5 good performances but they were victorious outings.
    Yeah we did, good win at UTA, and then beat ASU, and TSU, but follow it up with 3 straight losses to 2 of the worst in the west in ULM and ASU. No consistency.

Basketball did not play the last place SEC team in 2018. LSU was middle of the pack and beat us by 8 in Baton Rouge.
    After Marlin ran his mouth. Then everyone whined about how mean LSU's basketball coach was to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    After Marlin ran his mouth. Then everyone whined about how mean LSU's basketball coach was to him.
    As much as we don't like Will Wade, I'll give him credit where credit is due. Check out this postgame quote after their loss to Georgia a few weeks ago:

"It was a total embarrassment. I feel bad for all of our fans and everybody who follows our program. It was laughable and it starts with me."

The man took the loss, put it on himself, and straight up apologized to the fans. Now if only he can hold himself accountable for the way he recruits.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9

Thread Information