Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: MBB Final: Louisiana 73, GSU 84

Default Re: MBB: Louisiana vs Georgia State

App state basketball has now been to the same number of SBC finals as us in the past 10 years. Their coach makes less than half of what Marlin makes.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I look forward to every season regardless who is coach. At my age, don’t know how long I will be able to keep my health strong enough to do so. I enjoy analyzing what happened whether good or bad. I no longer let losses ruin my day or let a victory be the key part of the day. Family time is always priority now. Losing a sibling 10 years younger than I brought that priority into clearer focus.
    CM, we are in the same boat. I will be 86 next season. My priorities changed in a big way also. The feeling of a let down after a lost in any of our sports is second nature now.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    App state basketball has now been to the same number of SBC finals as us in the past 10 years. Their coach makes less than half of what Marlin makes.
    It's all about the ROI.

Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 73, Georgia State 84

Anyone with an idea of when the All SBC teams will be announced? Normally its a part of the conference tourney isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by IberiaCajun View Post
    Mike, I thought Harper was a point guard. Who did Marlin recruit for a point guard last year, and the year before, and ... He has had 10 years to recruit point guards. So, you are saying the reason we lost is because Au was injured?
    Au, if he was healthy for this game, would have struggled tremendously with GAST quickness. He may be a PG, but he lacks quickness and doesn't have a great handle either.

An extension will not occur now. That will be a decision for next March when only one year will remain on the contract. As I said, I support the program regardless who is the coach. I don't focus on that as I know that is not a factor now. Agree that the statement of the Western division being stronger was not wise. I simply attribute that to frustration at losing to an opponent that you did not expect to. No need to continually harp on that as it serves no purpose at this point. Focus now moves to spring recruiting and individual development of who will return.
    Good post. Nothing to argue with here. Let’s run it back next year.

Geaux Cajuns!

I look forward to every season regardless who is coach. At my age, don’t know how long I will be able to keep my health strong enough to do so. I enjoy analyzing what happened whether good or bad. I no longer let losses ruin my day or let a victory be the key part of the day. Family time is always priority now. Losing a sibling 10 years younger than I brought that priority into clearer focus.
    Priorities are important.

An extension will not occur now. That will be a decision for next March when only one year will remain on the contract. As I said, I support the program regardless who is the coach. I don't focus on that as I know that is not a factor now. Agree that the statement of the Western division being stronger was not wise. I simply attribute that to frustration at losing to an opponent that you did not expect to. No need to continually harp on that as it serves no purpose at this point. Focus now moves to spring recruiting and individual development of who will return.
    Not only was it not wise it was just inaccurate. Hopefully we don't lose too many players in the offseason so we can actually build something. I would love to see a pick and roll game with Wilson and Awkuba next year although doubt Marlin would do such a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Not only was it not wise it was just inaccurate. Hopefully we don't lose too many players in the offseason so we can actually build something. I would love to see a pick and roll game with Wilson and Awkuba next year although doubt Marlin would do such a thing.
    Ran one that was a beauty against south al. Turned into a monster jam from Awkuba. Don’t recall seeing it again. It’s mind boggling.

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    Good advice about enjoying each and every day as no one is promised the next. This gives me even more reason to want to turn the page on the Marlin era. A change after 10+ years of mediocrity leaves hope that in your lifetime (and my own) we can enjoy March past week 1 in a year that Cajun Basketball fans have something to be excited about.

The data is there to prove that any extension will just cause more delays and getting bounced before the SBC championship game.

Also, how is that excuse that Big Fish Bob made about the SBC teams in the West division being much better than Eastern Division Teams aging? You know, the statement Marlin made a couple of weeks back when he added a slap in the face to the Cajun football program to his list of weekly excuses. It sure seems like the Cajuns were lucky not to play a Western Division schedule this season.

Condolences regarding your sibling who passed away.
    Sounds like Marlin needs to learn to shut his mouth unless his team can back it up. How many times has he opened it and looked like a fool when he cannot deliver?

My GOD, how can we not move on from this idiot?

Quote Originally Posted by apb View Post
    Sounds like Marlin needs to learn to shut his mouth unless his team can back it up. How many times has he opened it and looked like a fool when he cannot deliver?

My GOD, how can we not move on from this idiot?
    He should have been terminated after saying something like that. You insulted a top 15 team who funds 80% of the athletic department.

He should have been terminated after saying something like that. You insulted a top 15 team who funds 80% of the athletic department.
    Well, if there were any resemblance of fans who might've been on the fence with the program; they definitely jumped off after that statement.

No excuses for saying something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    Well, if there were any resemblance of fans who might've been on the fence with the program; they definitely jumped off after that statement.

No excuses for saying something like that.
    When Dimond sports are taking in double the revenue as your basketball programs you have a huge problem

They should take 80% of his salary and move it over to Napier’s

When Dimond sports are taking in double the revenue as your basketball programs you have a huge problem
    Basketball is dead in the Deep South.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information