Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: MBB Final: Louisiana 73, GSU 84

Default Re: MBB: Louisiana vs Georgia State

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Welp, was a good year to defer tickets.

SBC is a one bid, shot in the dark, basketball league. The glory days are long gone and are not coming back. Wish all you want, argue all you want, hate all you want. It's not happening. Georgia State, as good as they have been, has only gone 3 times since joining the conference.

However, Marlin needs to win next year. And he needs to shut up about being a target or the SBC West being strong. Your next opponent is always the target and the SBC West are all sitting watching the finals tomorrow night.

Fouls tend to be out of proportion when ONE team is quicker than the other.
    Agree Georgia STate was quicker team. That was a factor in fouls. However when a guy grabs Russell by the waist and no foul was called you shake your head. Overall, though officials were not the reason the CAjuns lost. Panthers are also more skilled inside as evidenced by their guys hitting mid range shots to give them lead. Game was lost in first half when Cajuns struggled on both sides of court. I was not surprised Cajuns made a run to get back into it as they were not going to go down easily. Also, not surprised they faltered late as too much energy was expended to tie game. Obviously legs were tired at end. That happens commonly in basketball. Momentum was lost when Malik missed 2 free throws with chance to take lead. Still, Wilson was our best overall player in tournament in my view. Obvious a true point guard is needed for team to improve as lack of one is why half court offense struggled at times this year. That will be a focus in spring recruiting.

The SBC legendary Kermit Davis, the man Bob passed on the win list, took 11 years to make his first trip to the NCAA's. Of course MTSU went to CUSA and in the next 5 years he went two more times before leaving for Ole Miss.

Mid majors, as some like to call us, is basketball hell. Programs change coaches for what? How's that working out for UTA? All that puff up by their president about being the next Gonzaga, Dumb ars forgot he's a public university...and he hired one of his Austin buddies.

I do think next year needs to be put up or shut up for Bob. My colon is full of smoke.
    Was Davis the highest paid coach in the conference as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Agree Georgia STate was quicker team. That was a factor in fouls. However when a guy grabs Russell by the waist and no foul was called you shake your head. Overall, though officials were not the reason the CAjuns lost. Panthers are also more skilled inside as evidenced by their guys hitting mid range shots to give them lead. Game was lost in first half when Cajuns struggled on both sides of court. I was not surprised Cajuns made a run to get back into it as they were not going to go down easily. Also, not surprised they faltered late as too much energy was expended to tie game. Obviously legs were tired at end. That happens commonly in basketball. Momentum was lost when Malik missed 2 free throws with chance to take lead. Still, Wilson was our best overall player in tournament in my view. Obvious a true point guard is needed for team to improve as lack of one is why half court offense struggled at times this year. That will be a focus in spring recruiting.
    You and I tend to agree most the time, which is the case here. When we tied it up, especially that quick, knew we were gassed.

And the rule about officiating is simple...never put yourself for an offical to determine the outcome. A call here or there wasn't 11 points. The phantom foul late in the game was horrible, we had the ball trapped deep in the corner, Ga St would of burned a TO. But it did not cost us the game.

I do like some of the chemistry seen the last two days going into next year. Props to Cedric, dude was worn down the last few weeks.

Could Bob have the guys prepared better? Yes. But championships are not won out coaching and playing a team only a half.

Quote Originally Posted by RC8 View Post
    Ron Hunter still kicking bobs ass and he ain’t even there
    +

Disappointing game. Inside game out-everythinged. Inconsistent guard play again. Key TOs. Missed FTs. And as Mike pointed out the lack of an efficient Point left us weak in half court game. Did like the fact that these kids don’t quit. And so I wait for next year. Been doing that since ‘63 so I’m used to it.

Just to point out. There was only one West team in the final four. Now it will be an all East final. Hmmm

The SBC legendary Kermit Davis, the man Bob passed on the win list, took 11 years to make his first trip to the NCAA's. Of course MTSU went to CUSA and in the next 5 years he went two more times before leaving for Ole Miss.

Mid majors, as some like to call us, is basketball hell. Programs change coaches for what? How's that working out for UTA? All that puff up by their president about being the next Gonzaga, Dumb ars forgot he's a public university...and he hired one of his Austin buddies.

I do think next year needs to be put up or shut up for Bob. My colon is full of smoke.

Kermit Davis coached in a decent conference for the majority of his time here. If Jessie Evans stayed at UL he would have the most wins in sun belt history in 3/4’s of the time it took Kermit and Bob to do the same. Mediocrity for years

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Mike, I thought Harper was a point guard. Who did Marlin recruit for a point guard last year, and the year before, and ... He has had 10 years to recruit point guards. So, you are saying the reason we lost is because Au was injured?

Quote Originally Posted by RC8 View Post
    Kermit Davis coached in a decent conference for the majority of his time here. If Jessie Evans stayed at UL he would have the most wins in sun belt history in 3/4’s of the time it took Kermit and Bob to do the same. Mediocrity for years

Yeah, maybe Jessie could have stayed longer and stacked up more NCAA violations.

Which one of you guys have the Easter Bunny hidden away that poops out gold bars? Otherwise, Bob is our coach next year. And probably years to come.

Welp, was a good year to defer tickets.

SBC is a one bid, shot in the dark, basketball league. The glory days are long gone and are not coming back. Wish all you want, argue all you want, hate all you want. It's not happening. Georgia State, as good as they have been, has only gone 3 times since joining the conference.

However, Marlin needs to win next year. And he needs to shut up about being a target or the SBC West being strong. Your next opponent is always the target and the SBC West are all sitting watching the finals tomorrow night.

Fouls tend to be out of proportion when ONE team is quicker than the other.
    Hopefully he doesn't get a next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Balanced_view View Post
    Deja Vu is right. We all have seen this movie before. smdh
    Yeah, but now we have the winningest coach in Sun Belt Conference Basketball history!

I just feel bad for UL basketball. I really do. There is no money to buy the big fish out and the program suffers year after year as long as Bobby is at the helm. It truly is a sad situation.
    It’s like he is holding the program hostage.
    Geaux Cajuns.

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    I just feel bad for UL basketball. I really do. There is no money to buy the big fish out and the program suffers year after year as long as Bobby is at the helm. It truly is a sad situation.
    It’s like he is holding the program hostage.
    Geaux Cajuns.
    Long suffering Cajun basketball fans commiserate!

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Hopefully he doesn't get a next year.
    Word I've heard is replacing Bob is not even a topic.

Know it sucks, I'm more concerned about softball. Something is not right with our best performing program over the decades.

You and I tend to agree most the time, which is the case here. When we tied it up, especially that quick, knew we were gassed.

And the rule about officiating is simple...never put yourself for an offical to determine the outcome. A call here or there wasn't 11 points. The phantom foul late in the game was horrible, we had the ball trapped deep in the corner, Ga St would of burned a TO. But it did not cost us the game.

I do like some of the chemistry seen the last two days going into next year. Props to Cedric, dude was worn down the last few weeks.

Could Bob have the guys prepared better? Yes. But championships are not won out coaching and playing a team only a half.
    Georgia State big men hitting all the mid range shots was something we could not adjust to in first half. We did a better job containing that in second half but yes champions can adjust during the game regardless of how difficult it is. Check your PM.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread Information