Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Thread: MBB Final Louisiana 79 South Alabama 68

Default Re: MBB Louisiana vs South Alabama

What's up with Gordon?

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    What's up with Gordon?
    He's not good enough to be in the rotation once Julien came back. Injuries have made him just a shell of what he was in high school.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns80 View Post
    He's not good enough to be in the rotation once Julien came back. Injuries have made him just a shell of what he was in high school.
    Agree on Gordon losing time due to Julien availability. He also sprained an ankle before the games at Little Rock last weekend. Sometimes those take awhile to recover from. Next season, he will be spelling Julien just like he was spelling Dou much of this year. His perimeter shooting did help win a couple of games. Our depth is over rated in my view when injuries taken into account. Fact that a pure freshman walk on plays so many critical minutes is evidence for my opinion. Agree with previous post that next season could be fun provided we avoid injury bug for once. That is a huge qualifier however. I for one am skeptical that occurs. Significant cajun basketball injuries are like death and taxes. They are inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Watching Kobe run the floor, especially the second half, is what we all expected to see. With so many parts returning next year, fully expect Marlin to deliver both championships next year. At times you could see Wilson and Julien getting comfortable with each other during the big run. Been concerned Wilson would opt out or portal out, but they had fun today. Chemistry is there
    I am not concerned with Wilson going to portal. One reason is something that occurred after the Twitter post showing Coach Marlin getting doused with water after Senior Night. Malik's mother posted she loved that video a few minutes after it showed up. Nothing is a given of course in today's world. If the no sit out rule passes and he gets an SEC offer, he may consider it. Trading those 8 hour bus rides to Jonesboro for charter flights to Lexington is something many will think about. Of course this goes for any successful G5 player. Still, I would be surprised if Malik moves on.

Malik turned it up a couple notches yesterday! If he continues today and with a win tomorrow, he'll get plenty of notice.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Thread Information