Thread: UL Softball "Issues"

UL Softball UL Softball "Issues"

This quote from coach is somewhat telling, its from Footes Advocate story of the game against Baylor.

Glasco said. "I think we really need to examine are there any internal issues that we don't know about going on in the locker room. A lot of times when a team is struggling on the field it's a result of things in the background, so we need to figure out what's causing us to not play to like we're capable of playing."

2. Default Re: UL Softball "Issues"

Locker room, home, remote learning.

Could be anything.

In person encouragement from classmates can be a huge motivating factor.

Default Re: UL Softball "Issues"

There are a lot of talented individuals on the roster. A roster with lots of new faces that came in and are getting playing time. It would not be unexpected that you would have chemistry issues and the lack of a TEAM attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by STPacronym View Post
    There are a lot of talented individuals on the roster. A roster with lots of new faces that came in and are getting playing time. It would not be unexpected that you would have chemistry issues and the lack of a TEAM attitude.
    I somewhat agree with this as far as attitude, but the kids that have came in have EARN there time. To me whats the difference in a transfer coming in versus a freshman coming from high school? No matter what if your playing college softball you will be expected to compete and earn your position with who ever is on the roster. These coaches aren't going to just hand someone a postion with a guarantee or no hard work based off your name. I would like to see us develop kids from high school versus getting a ton of transfers every year. At the end of the day it is the coaches job to improve his roster and its the kids job to earn there time. Coach Glasco recruits kids to take the current starters job and that is what internally creates competition.

Glasco has said he has the talent. The question in his mind has been, will the team gel, will it have good chemistry, will the players like each other, will they have each other's back? The previous three years of Glasco's tenure, I saw the team's positive attitude and willingness to go through a brick wall to get a win. This year there just seems to be a different vibe. I believe the team has the talent. Do they have the other factors needed to get them to where they want to go? At this point, I'm not sure. Hopefully, he and the team can figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    Glasco has said he has the talent. The question in his mind has been, will the team gel, will it have good chemistry, will the players like each other, will they have each other's back? The previous three years of Glasco's tenure, I saw the team's positive attitude and willingness to go through a brick wall to get a win. This year there just seems to be a different vibe. I believe the team has the talent. Do they have the other factors needed to get them to where they want to go? At this point, I'm not sure. Hopefully, he and the team can figure it out.
    We might need a Nathan Nelson moment with the team. In 2000 after we lost a game some of the players were playing loud music in the locker room and Nelson went ape ____ on the team. Nelson was a bona fide alpha who stepped the ____ up and made everyone accountable and got everyone serious and on the same page. This team needs some leadership and for someone to take charge now. Talent alone will not get anyone to the WCWS.

Softball success is starting to follow baseball success. Pitching depth is more vital than ever. We need this depth to grow quickly.

No one should be scared of competing, but it should be ‘family type competition’ inside the team. In life there is no one I want to beat more at cards, horseshoes, one-on-one basketball, golf, etc, than my family and closest friends. Afterwards we celebrate with a drink or two and trash talk. BUT, if anyone else tries to beat my family & friends, guess what, I am their worst nightmare. This is where , at least, new transfers can struggle to feel like family & friends. They have to create those shared successes and failures in a short time. And in that short time, there probably aren’t as many girls hanging out in rooms just relaxing and being college kids with the protocols being used.

Lastly, Glasco is a really good coach, but relatively inexperienced. This is the more mushy side of building a team, that more years might help.

I think the chemistry will come, but not sold on pitching depth yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    Softball success is starting to follow baseball success. Pitching depth is more vital than ever. We need this depth to grow quickly.

No one should be scared of competing, but it should be ‘family type competition’ inside the team. In life there is no one I want to beat more at cards, horseshoes, one-on-one basketball, golf, etc, than my family and closest friends. Afterwards we celebrate with a drink or two and trash talk. BUT, if anyone else tries to beat my family & friends, guess what, I am their worst nightmare. This is where , at least, new transfers can struggle to feel like family & friends. They have to create those shared successes and failures in a short time. And in that short time, there probably aren’t as many girls hanging out in rooms just relaxing and being college kids with the protocols being used.

Lastly, Glasco is a really good coach, but relatively inexperienced. This is the more mushy side of building a team, that more years might help.

I think the chemistry will come, but not sold on pitching depth yet.
    Glasco is inexperienced? Agree we have looked really good and really bad pitching wise.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Glasco is inexperienced? Agree we have looked really good and really bad pitching wise.
    As a D1 head coach, yes, he is inexperienced. He is a smart man, he will get it figured out, but may not be this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    As a D1 head coach, yes, he is inexperienced. He is a smart man, he will get it figured out, but may not be this season.
    Ok was just asking for clarity. You said he was inexperienced which is disagree with, as he has overall plenty of coaching experience. As a D1 head coach he is still learning.

Thread Information