Thread: What a tangled web UL's softball season has been so far

1. UL Softball What a tangled web UL's softball season has been so far

Needless to say, the 2021 season hasn’t gone as planned for the UL Ragin’ Cajuns softball team.

Naturally, coach Gerry Glasco didn’t foresee having to discipline players on what he envisioned being a mature, senior-laden group. The team suspensions are all over now, but all the missed practice and game time definitely impacted such team goals as consistency, continuity and efficiency.

Default Re: What a tangled web UL's softball season has been so far

Nice article.

So we dropped to no 12?

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    So we dropped to no 12?
    Ranking at this point don't mean much. We just need to win games and everything else will take care of it self.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Ranking at this point don't mean much. We just need to win games and everything else will take care of it self.
    Need some top 25 wins. Trending well in the wrong direction there.

Still games remaining against Baylor (1), Texas (2) and Bama (2). The Memphis series looked good on the schedule, but they are struggling.

6. Default Re: What a tangled web UL's softball season has been so far

Troy looks to have a solid squad this year. I still think the Cajuns are the best in the Sunbelt and I feel pretty confident that they have the talent to play in the post season. Will probably be able to host a regional but doubtful they will have the RPI to host a super. Impressed so far with Lamb who has really stepped up her game this year. Good to have a solid 2 pitcher staff with Summer and her. It would be nice if Dixon or Foreman could step up their game to give the Cajuns a solid 3 pitcher staff. Hitting has been what has hurt the Cajuns to this point. In the losses, we just haven't been able to get the key hits when we really needed them with runners in scoring position. Too much talent for things to stay that way. I am confident that things are going to work themselves out. Losing O'Neal is a bigger loss in the long run this season than losing Taylor in my opinion. Her bat was more consistent imo. Baylor doesn't appear to be as strong as everyone predicted them to be, at least not right now. Texas will be a good test and Alabama appears to be the real deal. I like the fact that the Cajuns catch Bama later in the season giving Glasco some time to figure out an everyday lineup and allowing the Cajuns hitters some time to work out the kinks in their bats.

Quote Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
    Troy looks to have a solid squad this year. I still think the Cajuns are the best in the Sunbelt and I feel pretty confident that they have the talent to play in the post season. Will probably be able to host a regional but doubtful they will have the RPI to host a super. Impressed so far with Lamb who has really stepped up her game this year. Good to have a solid 2 pitcher staff with Summer and her. It would be nice if Dixon or Foreman could step up their game to give the Cajuns a solid 3 pitcher staff. Hitting has been what has hurt the Cajuns to this point. In the losses, we just haven't been able to get the key hits when we really needed them with runners in scoring position. Too much talent for things to stay that way. I am confident that things are going to work themselves out. Losing O'Neal is a bigger loss in the long run this season than losing Taylor in my opinion. Her bat was more consistent imo. Baylor doesn't appear to be as strong as everyone predicted them to be, at least not right now. Texas will be a good test and Alabama appears to be the real deal. I like the fact that the Cajuns catch Bama later in the season giving Glasco some time to figure out an everyday lineup and allowing the Cajuns hitters some time to work out the kinks in their bats.
    Spot on. Forman has done a great job in late inning relief. She is good for 4 to 6 batters. Just gives the Cajuns a totally different look especially behind a hard thrower in Lamb who has been great. Not hitting with RISP has been the biggest issues in my mind. We will figure it out and then become unstoppable.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Spot on. Forman has done a great job in late inning relief. She is good for 4 to 6 batters. Just gives the Cajuns a totally different look especially behind a hard thrower in Lamb who has been great. Not hitting with RISP has been the biggest issues in my mind. We will figure it out and then become unstoppable.
    What are the chances of O'Neal and/or Roman returning for the post season? Would either also have the option of a medical redshirt?

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    What are the chances of O'Neal and/or Roman returning for the post season? Would either also have the option of a medical redshirt?
    Roman is done for the season period from what I have been told. O'Neal has a chance to possibly return for the post season. She will be out for the regular season for sure. A medical redshirt will be in the cards, per medical redshirt requirements. Even without getting hurt who knows if Raina would have returned next season. Just because she has eligibility left doesn't mean she would return as this is her 5th year already. If she gets a medical redshirt does she want to even play a 6th or 7th year? I hope she returns for the post season and for next season. Both of these ladies are super kids and great leaders.

Game tonight from McNeese appears to be on a free stream.

https://mcneesesports.com/watch/?Live=1858&type=Live

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Game tonight from McNeese appears to be on a free stream.

https://mcneesesports.com/watch/?Live=1858&type=Live

Nope....pay subscription

Thread Information