Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana Baseball Sweeps Rice

UL Baseball Louisiana Baseball Sweeps Rice

6-2 overall, another good week and I suspect they will be knocking on the top 25 rankings door.

Where’s the thread?

Any observations from the weekend?

Looks like this team has great potential and has so many pieces. Coach Deggs has them playing great baseball!

Default Re: Louisiana Baseball Sweeps Rice

They look very solid. It seems we are still feeling out pitching roles and a few spots in the lineup. So there is still some chemistry to be developed. Which is good because they have played well with potential for even more improvement. They definitely need to cut down on errors. They are definitely scrappy and are fun to watch with their aggressive play. Deggs’ finger prints all over the attitude of these guys.

Tulane was two walk-offs away from getting the series and sweep against #5 Miss St. on the road. I think that shows our teams’ series win over them was big.

Observations:
    - we are extremely aggressive at the plate and on the bases
    - our pitching staff looks great. Sounds like Arrighetti will get some innings this week and then move to Sat starter next weekend
    - the defensive errors are a major concern - it hasn’t hurt us except for LSU but we cannot continue to kick the ball around. Seems like Deggs is playing around with the IF. Personally I like Lada and Riola

Overall, I’m pleasantly surprised that we are 6-2

4. Default Re: Louisiana Baseball Sweeps Rice

Quote Originally Posted by DocCajun View Post
    Observations:
    - we are extremely aggressive at the plate and on the bases
    - our pitching staff looks great. Sounds like Arrighetti will get some innings this week and then move to Sat starter next weekend
    - the defensive errors are a major concern - it hasn’t hurt us except for LSU but we cannot continue to kick the ball around. Seems like Deggs is playing around with the IF. Personally I like Lada and Riola

Overall, I’m pleasantly surprised that we are 6-2
    Wait, wait, I thought Christie’s the Saturday starter!!!

He was this past week - did a nice job. But Deggs said postgame Sat that Arrighetti would likely start next Sat

Do we have a closer? Arrighetti looked great in that role Saturday. I know some guys have struggled with control early on. Seems like we have a very good staff its just a matter of figuring out where everyone fits.

How has the crowd atmosphere been at the Tigue and most importantly how is the beer selection at the concessions? I’ve only been able to watch on tv.

7. Default Re: Louisiana Baseball Sweeps Rice

Quote Originally Posted by cajun55 View Post
    Do we have a closer? Arrighetti looked great in that role Saturday. I know some guys have struggled with control early on.
    Talley looked good earlier in the series, striking out 5 of 8 batters he faced.

8. Default Re: Louisiana Baseball Sweeps Rice

He was this past week - did a nice job. But Deggs said postgame Sat that Arrighetti would likely start next Sat
    Why would one who “did a nice job” lose that job?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Why would one who “did a nice job” lose that job?
    I wouldn’t put it that way. Deggs clearly hasn’t locked in “roles” yet and he mentioned that he wanted to try guys in different situations (starting vs relief). And there is no denying Arrighetti is $$ - guy has a full repertoire

Crap, does this mean we have to defer the "Fire Deggs" threads for a week?

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    Crap, does this mean we have to defer the "Fire Deggs" threads for a week?
    Just until the next loss.

12. Default Re: Louisiana Baseball Sweeps Rice

I wouldn’t put it that way. Deggs clearly hasn’t locked in “roles” yet and he mentioned that he wanted to try guys in different situations (starting vs relief). And there is no denying Arrighetti is $$ - guy has a full repertoire
    Well, if we are going to look at it that way, Arrighetti should be the Friday night starter. He came in with those type of stats and definitely has pitched “as advertised.”

Hayden Durke will make any team better. The defense is solid. Hitting is much improved and there are enough arms to win most series the rest of the way.

I don't want to jinx them, but I see a potential regional team.

He very well may

at we are 6-2
    That's where I'm at too. We've just had such slow starts the past few years, it's nice to be out in front with a winning record. Against quality teams too. Well, at least quality in name.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information