Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Proposed Land Swap Would Enable City to Build New Fire Station No. 5 at UL

Default Re: Proposed Land Swap Would Enable City to Build New Fire Station No. 5 at UL

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    You are correct.
    And I just had a thought: maybe the plan is to move the fire station to where the current Red Zone building is, and build a new, bigger Red Zone where the current fire station is?

Default Re: Proposed Land Swap Would Enable City to Build New Fire Station No. 5 at UL

What would the university use the property for? I guess you could extend the complex with lower level rental for shop along the Johnston street frontage to try to make some extra money or parking.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    What would the university use the property for? I guess you could extend the complex with lower level rental for shop along the Johnston street frontage to try to make some extra money or parking.
    Yeah....it gives them several options, most likely retail. Once they get that strip they have the whole strip along Johnston for retail, with room for a parking garage behind it.

Make financial sense, and also aesthically....one unified look for that end of campus. Finally!

I don't see them building any more retail space considering the retail space they have now is empty.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information