Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hell has Frozen Over!

Duggie35's Avatar Duggie35 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Hell has Frozen Over!

I guess our recent cold weather has really affected some people and must have caused Hell to freeze over! Why am I saying that? Let me explain.
    Im watching the last few innings of the LSU/LA Tech baseball game after getting home from the UL Basketball game. While watching, Lynn Rollins starts talking about Tech & LSU coming to Russo Park to take on the Cajuns Tuesday & Wednesday. While I was watching, he always used the term UL when talking about the Cajuns, rather than his traditional ULL, Lafayette or Louisiana-Lafayette!
    You know we have turned the corner and won the name battle if Rollins has jumped on the bandwagon!

Default Re: Hell has Frozen Over!

But he’ll probably never do it during a UL game.

Beau Cajun

I bet he gets nasty letters from both athletic departments.

Actually, emails are probably in the network's future. It's happened before and it'll happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    I guess our recent cold weather has really affected some people and must have caused Hell to freeze over! Why am I saying that? Let me explain.
    I’m watching the last few innings of the LSU/LA Tech baseball game after getting home from the UL Basketball game. While watching, Lynn Rollins starts talking about Tech & LSU coming to Russo Park to take on the Cajuns Tuesday & Wednesday. While I was watching, he always used the term “UL” when talking about the Cajuns, rather than his traditional ULL, Lafayette or Louisiana-Lafayette!
    You know we have turned the corner and won the name battle if Rollins has jumped on the bandwagon!
    Stay steadfast and diligent, this will take a few generations. Really.

well wwl radio ull'd us to death when talking about these games, of course wwl radio has gotten so bad across the board that it isnt even worth listening to

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Stay steadfast and diligent, this will take a few generations. Really.
    I beg to differ with you, sir. While the battle is surely won nationwide, the in-state folks are a much more difficult task. However, although it may well take the 'expiration' of the current generation, I don't think there will not be much of a fight beyond that.

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    I beg to differ with you, sir. While the battle is surely won nationwide, the in-state folks are a much more difficult task. However, although it may well take the 'expiration' of the current generation, I don't think there will not be much of a fight beyond that.
    La State/Louisiana State took decades to become LSU, and that was in an easier time. Generations usually stick with what they grew up with. I recall a few times where older people when I was at USL used SLI. A lot of work went into this. T-Joe is getting retirement age. I was there at the capital in the 80’s, so was T-Joe. Our next president may not have any investment in or deep knowledge of the battle. These are the reasons not to get comfortable. SBC standings on the mothership via I phone last night...ULL was in second place.

HelmutVII is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

I was listening to LSU A&M BR totaly demolish LATECH last night. The interviewed Paul Maneri after the game Coach Maneri called us UL. So good on him.

Unfortunately LSU A&M BR won last night but after hearing what coach Maneri said I wasn't to upset that they won. Always good to see LATECH lose.

Cajun90's Avatar Cajun90 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Television announcers for Tulane were pretty consistent on their use of Louisiana. Made a few slips but they were trying their best. You could tell it did not come natural to them.

Once the conference started referencing us as Louisiana that was the turn. It has gotten 100 times better since that point. It will take time and some of that is internal. I still see a lot of information coming from various people associated with the University using ULL. Got to clean our house up before we starting talking about someone elses.

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    well wwl radio ull'd us to death when talking about these games, of course wwl radio has gotten so bad across the board that it isnt even worth listening to
    One more time, they had to call us the most important name there is when weekend was over, WINNER. WWL has aggravated many New Orleans folks due to occasional radio talk breaking out over the commercial stream.

At one point during the break, I heard Ken Bertholot say......Hey Steve, I have to go to the bathroom"

The "Louisiana" name being thrown around from media is still something new. It will take time, but it is still being done. It's come a long way from how we were addressed a decade ago. If we can win the small battles with the likes of CBS Sports, Fox Sports, and ESPN; that is huge. When schools we play show "Louisiana" on their schedules, that is huge. Manieri calling us "UL" is huge.

We are dealing with a state that has had one school being sold to everyone for generations: Louisiana State University. Until that paradigm starts to diminish, the stubbornness of fans from the other side of the basin will stick.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    The "Louisiana" name being thrown around from media is still something new. It will take time, but it is still being done. It's come a long way from how we were addressed a decade ago. If we can win the small battles with the likes of CBS Sports, Fox Sports, and ESPN; that is huge. When schools we play show "Louisiana" on their schedules, that is huge. Manieri calling us "UL" is huge.

We are dealing with a state that has had one school being sold to everyone for generations: Louisiana State University. Until that paradigm starts to diminish, the stubbornness of fans from the other side of the basin will stick.
    ….Heard the Tulane post game coaches show and it was a very honest and pretty complimentary Q and A for the Cajuns---however---he called us nothing but Lafayette!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    .Heard the Tulane post game coaches show and it was a very honest and pretty complimentary Q and A for the Cajuns---however---he called us nothing but Lafayette!!!
    -----BTW----what time is the game tonight???

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    -----BTW----what time is the game tonight???
    6:00 PM Boomer, if you need to know when any of UL teams are playing they are usually posted on a website that follows.......www.ragincajuns.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information