Thread: Louisiana's Most Intriguing Newcomer

UL Football Louisiana's Most Intriguing Newcomer

ESPN
    College football's most intriguing newcomer for each Way-Too-Early Top 25 team

Between recruits, transfers and new coaches, even the best teams in college football look different year to year. From defending champ Alabama breaking in a new offensive coordinator to Ohio State's ready-to-contribute true freshmen, these are the most intriguing newcomers for each of the Way-Too-Early Top 25 teams.

19. Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns: QB Lance LeGendre

The return of Levi Lewis was huge. With an extra year of eligibility, coach Billy Napier believes Lewis can become an NFL-caliber quarterback. But don't sleep on the addition of Lance LeGendre. He may only provide depth in 2021, but he's the future of the position. The former four-star prospect originally signed with Maryland, where he appeared in six games and made one start over the last two seasons before transferring. Returning to his home state of Louisiana, he'll garner plenty of attention whenever he sees the field. -- Scarborough

Default Re: Espn headline today

I think we'll see LL2 every 4th or 5th series like 3 seasons ago when LL1 was inserted into the games.

3. Default Re: Espn headline today

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    I think we'll see LL2 every 4th or 5th series like 3 seasons ago when LL1 was inserted into the games.
    The justification will be slightly different because the first time LL1 was not yet a proven D1 QB.

Neither was Nunez.

5. Default Re: Espn headline today

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    Neither was Nunez.
    Right. Neither QB was.

This time one is, so this would be more of a future prep, stay ready, stay hungry type scenario.

More from this ESPN series (Feb 18):

Biggest offseason question for each college football team in the Way-Too-Early Top 25

-Some top teams need to replace generational quarterbacks. Others have new coaches who need to fill big roles. No one, not even Clemson and Alabama, is perfect heading into 2021.
    Here's a breakdown of the most pressing offseason questions for each of the Way-Too-Early Top 25 teams.

19. Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns: What is this G5 power's ceiling?

It's an ambiguous question, but it begs to be asked: What does Billy Napier see in this program? What gave him the confidence to turn down so many big-time jobs this offseason? Surely it isn't the warm weather in Lafayette keeping him. There has to be something about this team that he believes in. Maybe it's the return of quarterback Levi Lewis or linebacker Ferrod Gardner or nose tackle Tayland Humphrey or wide receiver Jalen Williams. Nine players took advantage of the extra year of eligibility, making Louisiana one of the most experienced teams in the Sun Bel. If Napier thinks this group coming back can knock on the door of the College Football Playoff, then maybe sticking around in Lafayette a little longer makes some sense. -- Scarborough

is the author of these Mike "the tiger" Scarborough?

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    is the author of these Mike "the tiger" Scarborough?
    I’m pretty positive it is.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    I’m pretty positive it is.
    Nah! This guy is Alex Scarborough, one of their top writers.
    Alex Scarborough
    @AlexS_ESPN
    Reporter covering college sports for http://ESPN.com. Reach me at alexscarborough.espn@gmail.com.
    https://twitter.com/alexs_espn?lang=en

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Espn headline today

Quote Originally Posted by Gueydanmike1969 View Post
    Nah! This guy is Alex Scarborough, one of their top writers.
    Alex Scarborough
    @AlexS_ESPN
    Reporter covering college sports for http://ESPN.com. Reach me at alexscarborough.espn@gmail.com.
    https://twitter.com/alexs_espn?lang=en
    Yeah, that didn't sound like any tigga hack!

This is good publicity. Great.

Who would have thunk it five years ago? Even when HUD had us winning in the first 2-3 seasons at USL/UL record pace, I don't think most of us would have imagined this sort of attention.

Recruiting, recruiting, recruiting. This kind of stuff helps you sell recruits to our program going up against LA Tech, Tulane, So. Miss, SMU, Houston, etc., which is what we need.

I have colleagues asking, “why are you obsessed with all the UL attention?”
    Answer
    RECRUITING!!!
    And the past 3-4 weeks PROVE that this attention resulted in our best recruiting effort ever (in real terms not that Rival score)

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Right. Neither QB was.

This time one is, so this would be more of a future prep, stay ready, stay hungry type scenario.
    If the Cajuns can blowout some opponents, I agree, but there is little doubt, Napier and company are shooting for a NY6 bowl bid. Unless they firmly believe Legendre gives them a better chance at winning, I don't see this happening, like that first season.

Thread Information