Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Start of UAB’s Green and Gold Classic Moved to Saturday

1. UL Softball Start of UAB’s Green and Gold Classic Moved to Saturday

Anticipated weather in Birmingham, Alabama on Friday (Feb. 19) has led to a schedule change for Louisiana Softball in the UAB Green and Gold Classic being held this weekend at Mary Bowers Field on the UAB campus.

Day 1 of the event has been canceled, and no games will be played on Friday.

Louisiana will now begin play in the two-day tournament – and play its first official contest of the 2021 season – on Saturday (Feb. 20) at 12:30 p.m. vs. Jacksonville State.

Below is Louisiana's revised tournament schedule:

Saturday, Feb. 20
    12:30 p.m. – Louisiana vs. Jacksonville State
    5:30 p.m. – Louisiana vs. UAB

Sunday, Feb. 21
    10:00 a.m. – Southeastern Louisiana vs. Louisiana
    3:00 p.m. – Louisiana vs. UAB

Ragin' Cajuns fans can follow along with the action on SportsRadio ESPN 1420-AM. Live video of the games with UAB will be available through CUSA.TV.

Default Re: Start of UAB’s Green and Gold Classic Moved to Saturday

CUSA.TV, I remember those days when we had to pay to watch the Cajuns. That was until RCAF, Dr. Maggard and dedicated fans invested in RCAF to allow free broadcasting for every game.

I also remember when CUSA was a step up, those days are over too, thanks to the same above and our fellow schools stepping up.

Our conference can still make big strides to improve but it is fun to be on this ride now.

GEAUX CAJUNS!

3. Default Re: Start of UAB’s Green and Gold Classic Moved to Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    CUSA.TV, I remember those days when we had to pay to watch the Cajuns. That was until RCAF, Dr. Maggard and dedicated fans invested in RCAF to allow free broadcasting for every game. .

GEAUX CAJUNS!
    This message needs to be amplified.

CUSA.TV, I remember those days when we had to pay to watch the Cajuns. That was until RCAF, Dr. Maggard and dedicated fans invested in RCAF to allow free broadcasting for every game.

I also remember when CUSA was a step up, those days are over too, thanks to the same above and our fellow schools stepping up.

Our conference can still make big strides to improve but it is fun to be on this ride now.

GEAUX CAJUNS!
    Our games are on ESPN+ now. It's pretty cheap but not free.

GEAUX CAJUNS!
    I'm a little confused by this post. The RCAF has nothing to do with the Softball team being on "FREE INTERNET TV" this weekend. This would occur whether we have a 30 Million Dollar RCAF or a zero Dollar RCAF. The reason we are on the internet this weekend is because CUSA TV decided to put it on.

Now as far as our Home games in Football, Basketball, Baseball and Softball being televised that might have something to do with the RCAF, but us playing at the UAB invitational and being televised has zero to do with Maggard and/or the RCAF. I am a huge fan of Dr. Maggard and a big supporter of the RCAF, but your post is a stretch connecting one to the other.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    I'm a little confused by this post. The RCAF has nothing to do with the Softball team being on "FREE INTERNET TV" this weekend. This would occur whether we have a 30 Million Dollar RCAF or a zero Dollar RCAF. The reason we are on the internet this weekend is because CUSA TV decided to put it on.

Now as far as our Home games in Football, Basketball, Baseball and Softball being televised that might have something to do with the RCAF, but us playing at the UAB invitational and being televised has zero to do with Maggard and/or the RCAF. I am a huge fan of Dr. Maggard and a big supporter of the RCAF, but your post is a stretch connecting one to the other.
    Sorry, I was referring to our home games, well and other Sun Belt games, well and pretty much all our other peer conferences, except cusa, they charge for the games.

I did forget we do pay for the plus though, but $5 or $6 is cheaper than the cusa offer.

Maybe my brain is just frozen this morning; but I am sure that I am not a fan of cusa!

7. Default Re: Start of UAB’s Green and Gold Classic Moved to Saturday

UL sports is better since RCAF.

GEAUX CAJUNS!
    Every home games isn't on and espn plus isn't free.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Every home games isn't on and espn plus isn't free.
    The games that are not on Espn+ should be streamed free. This fan base deserves it, particularly since we still can't go to the games after all this time.

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    The games that are not on Espn+ should be streamed free. This fan base deserves it, particularly since we still can't go to the games after all this time.

Should be but not looking like it will.

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    I think they are streaming what they can financially cover.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    I think they are streaming what they can financially cover.
    Correct, with all financial cut backs in the athletic department, nothing should be free.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Correct, with all financial cut backs in the athletic department, nothing should be free.
    I have no problem with that. But why aren't all home games on ESPN+?

We are contracted to the Sun Belt to ONLY have ESPN+ video.

Has Dan figured out how to pronounce Louisiana?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information