Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Elijah Mitchell

1. Ragin' Cajuns Football: Mitchell Selected by San Francisco in 2021 NFL Draft

Three-time All-Sun Belt Conference running back Elijah Mitchell was drafted into the National Football League (NFL) after he was selected by the San Francisco 49ers with the 194th overall pick in the Sixth Round of the 2021 NFL Draft.

Mitchell is the third Louisiana running back taken over the last five NFL Drafts, joining former teammate Raymond Calais, who was selected by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the 2020 Draft, and Elijah McGuire, who was chosen by the New York Jets during the 2017 Draft.

"We are incredibly proud of Elijah Mitchell," head coach Billy Napier said. "He represents exactly what Louisiana Football is about, as a person, student, and now as a professional football player. The San Francisco 49ers are getting a great teammate who will embrace his role and work to earn more. He truly represents the #cULture! Congratulations to Eli."

A native of Erath, La., Mitchell finished his Louisiana career ranked fifth in career rushing touchdowns (41) and sixth in career rushing yards (3,267).

During the 2020 campaign, he led the Ragin' Cajuns in rushing, toting the ball 141 times for 878 yards and eight touchdowns. His yardage total was third in the league and 23rd nationally, while his eight rushing scores were the fifth most in the Sun Belt and tied for 41st nationally.

The running back produced a season-high 164 yards on the ground and scored two touchdowns during the team's overtime win at Georgia State. He capped off his senior campaign by carrying the ball 19 times for 127 yards, the most by a Ragin' Cajun in a bowl game in program history, and a touchdown to earn bowl game MVP honors.

As a junior, Mitchell became the sixth player in program history to eclipse the 1,000-yard mark in a single season with 1,147 yards and 16 rushing scores. His rushing total was the fourth best in the Sun Belt in 2019 and good for 31st nationally, while his touchdown total was the second most in the conference and the 11th most in FBS.

In 2018, he accounted for 1,334 total yards from scrimmage, 985 of which came on the ground, and 16 total touchdowns in 13 starts.

Over the course of his career, he earned Second Team All-Sun Belt Conference honors in 2018 and 2019, while picking up First Team recognition following the 2020 campaign.

Default Re: Elijah Mitchell: Drafted by the 49ers

Happy Birthday to Elijah. Nice present from the 49ers.

Probably a good fit for Mitchell. Wish him the best with his NFL career and hope he is very successful. I am not a 49er fan at all and normally pull against them but will now have a reason to watch them.

Definitely a run-heavy offense with solid OL.

5. Default Re: Elijah Mitchell: Drafted by the 49ers

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    Definitely a run-heavy offense with solid OL.
    All EliJah has to do, is be himself when he gets the touches.

6. NFL, NBA, MLB San Francisco picks Erath’s Mitchell in sixth round of draft

Elijah Mitchell is headed to the Bay Area.

The former Erath and University of Louisiana star running back was selected with the No. 194th overall pick by the San Francisco 49ers during the sixth round of the NFL Draft on Saturday afternoon

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunchuck View Post
    Probably a good fit for Mitchell. Wish him the best with his NFL career and hope he is very successful. I am not a 49er fan at all and normally pull against them but will now have a reason to watch them.
    I’ve been a 49er fan since I was in the 2nd grade (blame my grandmother plus I’m a transplant). Though I’ve been watching less and less since Crapernick and all the other foolishness, I will catch a quarter here and there. My 10 year old son jokingly said that it would be so cool if the Niners drafted Mitchell as he has become a bigger fan then me. I told him it wasn’t likely since they drafted the RB from Ohio State. He was so ecstatic when his name popped up on the screen. I do love watching his favorite player, George Kittle. With this pick, I’ll have more desire to tune in. Best of luck to another great Cajun running back!

Quote Originally Posted by CAJUNJUDO View Post
    I’ve been a 49er fan since I was in the 2nd grade (blame my grandmother plus I’m a transplant). Though I’ve been watching less and less since Crapernick and all the other foolishness, I will catch a quarter here and there. My 10 year old son jokingly said that it would be so cool if the Niners drafted Mitchell as he has become a bigger fan then me. I told him it wasn’t likely since they drafted the RB from Ohio State. He was so ecstatic when his name popped up on the screen. I do love watching his favorite player, George Kittle. With this pick, I’ll have more desire to tune in. Best of luck to another great Cajun running back!
    Good comments; I agree on the Crapernick debacle; I have almost stopped watching pro football since that started, except for some Saints games. Kittle is an exceptional player, I hope he gets to block some for Elijah!

Default Re: Elijah Mitchell - a 49er

Just wish he would have gotten drafted elsewhere that doesn't have a crowded backfield.

They still have Moestert and Jeff Wilson who proved to be really good when they played. They signed Wayne Gallman a couple weeks ago and drafted Trey Sermon earlier in the draft

10. UL Football How 49ers changed NFL draft grading process this year

After an unprecedented run of season-ending injuries in 2020, the 49ers decided to make a few adjustments.

Devastating injuries throughout last season left John Lynch and Kyle Shanahan scrambling to field a full game-day 46-man roster. The experience left an indelible mark on the 49ers' brain trust, enough that they adjusted their grading system when evaluating 2021 draft prospects.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Elijah Mitchell - a 49er

I feel the exact same way. I really think ragas have a batter chance of getting Playing time. One or both really should’ve stayed. It would’ve really help their draft grade out and would be making even more money. Hope they do well geaux Cajuns

Quote Originally Posted by ma1n3daman View Post
    I feel the exact same way. I really think ragas have a batter chance of getting Playing time. One or both really should’ve stayed. It would’ve really help their draft grade out and would be making even more money. Hope they do well geaux Cajuns
    And if you get hurt you make no money. Running backs only have so many carries.

Quote Originally Posted by ma1n3daman View Post
    Trey Sherman and Elijah Mitchell will be the backs for the next few years. The other RBs on that roster are nothing special.

14. UL Football What 49ers can expect from Day 3 NFL Draft picks

Talanoa Hufanga might be the quickest fan favorite of all the Niners picks on day three of the NFL Draft. But running back Elijah Mitchell out of Louisiana could end up being the most electrifying.

UL Football E. Mitchell gets paid

Mitchell signed a four-year contract worth $3.4 million. His signing bonus was $183,572, and his cap number won’t exceed a million until 2024. If Mitchell is the RB2 of the future, and knowing that he’ll have a decent-sized workload, this is a great value contract for San Francisco.

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information