Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Elijah Mitchell

1. Default Re: 2021 Draft Watch: Elijah Mitchell

Quote Originally Posted by Jeaux View Post
    3 rounds and and something like only 4 RB taken so far. The NFL has changed. Well never see another Barry Sanders. By that I mean a game changing RB that has the longevity to produce all-pro number for years. Pittsburg proved it can tell star RB to take a hike and still compete.
    Not many Sanders ever. But last year I believe Peterson was still a good back with a long history even after his child spanking banishment.

So never is a bit over the top IMO. Still with QB protection the top priority of the NFL the running back position is probably permanently diminished.

The Carolina, Saints, and Dallas backs certainly provide evidence that talent will show itself.

Default Re: 2021 Draft Watch: Elijah Mitchell

Looking more like a UFA each passing pick.

Did he or Trey sign with an agent? Asking for a friend...

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Not many Sanders ever. But last year I believe Peterson was still a good back with a long history even after his child spanking banishment.

So never is a bit over the top IMO. Still with QB protection the top priority of the NFL the running back position is probably permanently diminished.

The Carolina, Saints, and Dallas backs certainly provide evidence that talent will show itself.
    Yeah I was using hyperbole when I said it but y'all understand what I'm saying right? Adrian Peterson got cut. Lenord Fournet got cut. Henry could be a hall of famer with Tennessee but if he ever gets hurt or even if his production slips I can see them cutting him and getting a younger back. RBs in the new NFL is an after thought now. Just above a safety/nickle back

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Looking more like a UFA each passing pick.

Did he or Trey sign with an agent? Asking for a friend...
    Mitchell did, not sure about Regas.

Yeah I was using hyperbole when I said it but y'all understand what I'm saying right? Adrian Peterson got cut. Lenord Fournet got cut. Henry could be a hall of famer with Tennessee but if he ever gets hurt or even if his production slips I can see them cutting him and getting a younger back. RBs in the new NFL is an after thought now. Just above a safety/nickle back
    Do either of the two backs have an agent? If not, can they still return for a final year? Into round 6 and no pick and no reference to being top selections still out there. I thought Mitchell was considered the 4th or 5th best back to be drafted? What happened? Do they still go pro even if one of the last picks or return to play a final year if still eligible? We would be pretty formidable if they did and our success might make them more draftable. Just asking. I think I've only seen one SBC player drafted, a safety from App State.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Do either of the two backs have an agent? If not, can they still return for a final year? Into round 6 and no pick and no reference to being top selections still out there. I thought Mitchell was considered the 4th or 5th best back to be drafted? What happened? Do they still go pro even if one of the last picks or return to play a final year if still eligible? We would be pretty formidable if they did and our success might make them more draftable. Just asking. I think I've only seen one SBC player drafted, a safety from App State.
    Well, 49ers just drafted Mitchell, so that answers my question, at least about him.

Mitchell is a 49er. Congratulations sir!

Well, 49ers just drafted Mitchell, so that answers my question, at least about him.
    Foote will be devastated!

Not many backs picked at all...Mitchell is what, the 10th or better back taken?

I think you have to declare by a certain time frame. I would think once you declare you can't come back.

11. Default Re: 2021 Draft Watch: Elijah Mitchell

To be fair Peterson was traded for more than production. His misguided excessive spanking made him a social disaster. Fournet didn’t live up to his draft hype. The QB has always been the most important player on most teams. They also are protected much better than running backs so their production generally lasts much longer than in the past.

12. Default ESPN 1420 Louisiana RB Elijah Mitchell Drafted by San Francisco 49ers

With the 194th pick in the 2021 NFL draft, the 49ers selected Louisiana Ragin' Cajun running back Elijah Mitchell.

How how do we feel about where he went and the team that draft him

14. Default Re: 2021 Draft Watch: Elijah Mitchell

Mitchell a 49er.

The railroad track was the tallest hill in Erath.

Get ready for the hills of San Francisco.

Default Re: Elijah Mitchell: Drafted by the 49ers

Talking heads from the mothership says great fit with Niners, with a chance to be a 1k yard back. That’s huge.

Stay humble, grind and trust.

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information