Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8

Thread: MBB Final G1: Louisiana 66, ULM 72

Default Re: MBB Final G1: Louisiana 66, ULM 72

The math is the math, shooting 33% from 3 point area is same as shooting 50% from non-3pt. That doesn't mean it makes it fun to watch, because for me, it isn't fun to watch.

I lucked into a Utah Jazz game the other night and that was a good watch. Really moved the ball well.

Default Re: MBB vs ULM

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    This is why I was so critical during the 2018-2019 season. Every loss was followed by "Well, we won 27 games last year so we get everybody's best shot" or "Teams celebrate like they won the Super Bowl when they beat us." I must've been asleep the whole time we were becoming the next Gonzaga. And to make matters worse, some of these losses came against inferior conference opponents who beat us by double digits. And then came those quotes or an excuse such as "Mardi Gras distractions" or "altitude issues in Boone." The arrogance the staff showed the year after the NIT berth told me all I needed to know as far as expectations of this program: Just get by or create window dressing by beating bad competition. And the comments that were made the other night was not only an insult to football, but to Cajun fans in general. You have a fan base that is on Cloud Nine that their football team is ranked #15 IN THE NATION, while most of those same people don't even know when our basketball games even start anymore; and we have to hear that after losing to a 4-15 team on a 10 game losing streak. Just admit that you weren't prepared. Don't inflate the terrible division we play in to cover up for your poor performance.

Regardless of what happens, we have a solid leader in the AD office that I am sure will do what is best for the program moving forward. As of now, we have baseball and softball to look forward to.
    Great post. Lays out everything. The Big Fish has got to go. It’s over for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    The math is the math, shooting 33% from 3 point area is same as shooting 50% from non-3pt. That doesn't mean it makes it fun to watch, because for me, it isn't fun to watch.

I lucked into a Utah Jazz game the other night and that was a good watch. Really moved the ball well.
    It is the math but its not everything. The best teams in the league are not leading in any type of 3 pt categories and when the playoffs come, midrange becomes much more important.

I will agree about the NBA as I believe it is actually easier to watch right now than the college game. There is way more player movement and ball movement and it flows.

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    Great post. Lays out everything. The Big Fish has got to go. It’s over for him.
    Understand this viewpoint. However, I have no idea what Dr. Maggard is thinking here. I also am not sure what the buyout is. Couple of hundred grand I believe. If someone was willing to pay it, he may consider a change. That assumes of course a strong finish does not happen. I am highly confident none of the regular basketball boosters have that kind of money. Perhaps someone else does. While I would not bet either way, if forced to make a prediction I would say he returns next season. A complete collapse the rest of the way may change my prediction.

5. UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: MBB Final G1: Louisiana 66, ULM 72

Not a chance in the world Big Fish isn’t back, short of a scandal. We’re eating dung poboys again in 21/22!

6. Default Re: MBB Final G1: Louisiana 66, ULM 72

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    We’re eating dung poboys again in 21/22!
    But I ordered DUNK PoBoys

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Understand this viewpoint. However, I have no idea what Dr. Maggard is thinking here. I also am not sure what the buyout is. Couple of hundred grand I believe. If someone was willing to pay it, he may consider a change. That assumes of course a strong finish does not happen. I am highly confident none of the regular basketball boosters have that kind of money. Perhaps someone else does. While I would not bet either way, if forced to make a prediction I would say he returns next season. A complete collapse the rest of the way may change my prediction.
    Marlin is already complaining and making the excuse about how Georgia State will not get to 75% sun belt games played, which will make them the 6 seed and with us most likely being the 3rd seed, we will have to play first round. He knows he is staring at a first round exit and he's already shooting from the hip. A collapse could happen, UTA gets Azore back this week.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Not a chance in the world Big Fish isn’t back, short of a scandal. We’re eating dung poboys again in 21/22!
    Agreed and lol

What are your thoughts on Marlin’s statement comparing UL Basketball Team to the Football team and level of competition?

If you have already addressed this I must have missed the post.

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    What are your thoughts on Marlin’s statement comparing UL Basketball Team to the Football team and level of competition?

If you have already addressed this I must have missed the post.
    That was definitely a poor decision to bring football into the discussion. I think it was due to frustration due to his team not playing well that night. He was trying to make the point that ULM is better than their record. He should have just said that was evident by all the close games that the Warhawks had played. He was a little short with the media that night prior to the interview with Jay. Just more evidence of how upset he was with how the game turned out. I have no idea if the AD discussed this with him. My bet is they did not talk about it. One reason is they left for Monroe the very next morning. Maybe it will be talked about in the post season review.

11. UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: MBB vs ULM

That was definitely a poor decision to bring football into the discussion. I think it was due to frustration due to his team not playing well that night. He was trying to make the point that ULM is better than their record. He should have just said that was evident by all the close games that the Warhawks had played. He was a little short with the media that night prior to the interview with Jay. Just more evidence of how upset he was with how the game turned out. I have no idea if the AD discussed this with him. My bet is they did not talk about it. One reason is they left for Monroe the very next morning. Maybe it will be talked about in the post season review.
    Well he could have pointed out how many games Louisiana won in a one possession score as a comparison. Then he could have said that we could have been in essence the same as the Hoax, just as bad only a better record.

I'm glad I did not hear that comment he made about football but then again, it wouldn't have changed my mind in either direction of why I don't think he's the person to lead this program.

13. Default Re: MBB vs ULM

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I'm glad I did not hear that comment he made about football but then again, it wouldn't have changed my mind in either direction of why I don't think he's the person to lead this program.
    Agreed, but it’s a reflection of how Bob Marlin deflects, and never actually takes responsibility for failure. I’m not going to go through his decade plus litany of why everything good he owns, and none of the bad.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8

Thread Information