Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: RB depth

UL Football RB depth

So does anybody have the scoop as to who they expect to play at RB right away out of this recruiting class? I know we have smith and Bailey, but who will be the thunder? Also how many of these new RBs will be here for spring football?

Default Re: RB depth

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    So does anybody have the scoop as to who they expect to play at RB right away out of this recruiting class? I know we have smith and Bailey, but who will be the thunder? Also how many of these new RBs will be here for spring football?
    Honestly, besides Smith and Bailey, I don't think anybody can make that prediction at this point. We also have guys like Kibodi and one of the other backs recruited but to move to linebacker so that will thin out that depth chart slightly.

With our returning OL, I could start at RB and at least gain 3 a carry....

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    With our returning OL, I could start at RB and at least gain 3 a carry....
    That is the key in so many ways!!!

You have to believe Kibodi would have the edge over the freshmen due to experience.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    You have to believe Kibodi would have the edge over the freshmen due to experience.
    According to our roster, he has been moved to LB

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    According to our roster, he has been moved to LB
    Only Caleb Kibodi is on the roster. He's a LB who we've had in the program. His brother Jacob is the transfer from Texas A&M

And, that was the 2020 roster...any idea when the spring roster will be posted?

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    Way too early to project, especially because I really believe, with Napier, guys can practice their way into and out of the rotation. Smith should be a no-brainer andBailey is definitely a favorite, but it is going to come down to whomever is practicing the best and is most prepared, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    but it is going to come down to whomever is practicing the best and is most prepared.
    That's the way it should be. Keeps everyone hungry and working hard.

Agreed, and with the depth the team has now, they really should be able to get a lot of looks of the players against really good competition in practice.

12. Default Re: RB depth

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    Agreed, and with the depth the team has now, they really should be able to get a lot of looks of the players against really good competition in practice.
    Great point

13. Default Re: RB depth

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Great point
    ---Rate these 5 RBs and their ability to take it to the house from outer red zone....mine: Calais, Smith Baily Mitchell Ragas!!! Btw was surprised that Mitch didn't do better in pass protect drills at Sr Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ---Rate these 5 RBs and their ability to take it to the house from outer red zone....mine: Calais, Smith Baily Mitchell Ragas!!! Btw was surprised that Mitch didn't do better in pass protect drills at Sr Bowl
    If you are talking pure speed, your list seems credible, however, I saw Ragas in his junior year where he was averaging 10 yards per carry before his injury and was leading the nation in that category. He had many TD runs from 20+ yards and couldn't be tackled by one or even two guys so he was more of a threat to hit a longer one than people gave him credit for.

All the RBs have benefitted, physically, from the shared carried system. Based upon their size, Calais and Smith benefitted the most. I just don't see either of them being able to handle a significant amount of touches a game throughout the season. Ragas and Mitchell both have proven to be D1 bell cows. Way too early to say with Bailey, but like his build.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information