Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: FCS spring season

Default Re: FCS spring season

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    LOL! Austrailian rules football is pretty cool!
    Aussie football is interesting for sure. I remember one time a player was trying to catch a guy running with the football. He couldn't catch up to him so jumped to grab him. He pulled his pants down and the runner tripped over them. I don't remember if a penalty was called on the play.

The only time I got into baseball is when we were in the World Series. One time I walked out of an Angels game after the third inning. But I know plenty of people that love it. Heck I like Curling. Not exactly a mainstream sport.
    Yeah, local sports talk and even chatter on these sites can get inundated with just mundane baseball talk like debates over who the best short stop is in MLB and what his batting average and fielding percentage is etc.. I just don't get it. The games are LONG and to me, its the one sport that absolutely needs fans in the stands to give it any sort of energy.

3. Default Re: FCS spring season

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Yeah, local sports talk and even chatter on these sites can get inundated with just mundane baseball talk like debates over who the best short stop is in MLB and what his batting average and fielding percentage is etc.. I just don't get it. The games are LONG and to me, its the one sport that absolutely needs fans in the stands to give it any sort of energy.
    If it’s a pitcher dual every pitch is critical and makes my adrenaline flow. If the bats are alive exactly the same. What’s not interesting is one team having a great pitching day and live bats. Of course football and the rest are not much fun without actually pulling for a team or player. Also one sided games aren’t much fun, even for Bama fans.

I seldom watch these games but I’m excited to have football in the spring. They kickoff Saturday. A couple of Louisiana schools are ranked. Nicholls is #8 SLU #11. For me at least it’s better than watching your standard spring sports.
    Played cards last night, FSW had McNeese and Tarleton State on while we played. TSU's first game as a D1 WAC member. Was hard to watch at times.

40-37 in OT. Doesn’t seem that terrible. Don’t know how many people knew it was happening, but there was some action. Didn’t watch it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    40-37 in OT. Doesn’t seem that terrible. Don’t know how many people knew it was happening, but there was some action. Didn’t watch it myself.
    It was an ebb and flow game. Didn’t get interesting until TSU was up 14 (31-17) with possession late in the game after MSU had the early 10-3 lead. The whole broadcast centered around this being TSU’s first D-1 game. With the stadium, crowd and play, was like watching a high school game at times.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Played cards last night, FSW had McNeese and Tarleton State on while we played. TSU's first game as a D1 WAC member. Was hard to watch at times.
    Who won, McNeese or TSU?

McNeese

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information