Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Feb 12 SB opening lineup

1. Default Re: Feb 12 SB opening lineup

Geaux Cajuns - hate that I won't be able to make opening day

2. Default Re: Feb 12 SB opening lineup

Quote Originally Posted by lcitsh View Post
    It saddens me that I have been so busy trying to keep my job that I haven't taken advantage of any opportunities to watch this team, but now that the season is starting and the majority of the games are on the weekend, I may be able to make time to attend. If any of you hear about anyone who won't be able to use their tickets, I would be happy to buy what they aren't using. That appears to be the only way I will be able to get in.
    PM me. I won't be able to make the games on Friday

3. Default Re: Feb 12 SB opening lineup

Apparently no television coverage for most games in either softball or baseball. Yet we’ve got mens basketball and a sport hardly anybody watches women basketball with tv coverage.

Default Re: Feb 12 SB opening lineup

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Apparently no television coverage for most games in either softball or baseball. Yet we’ve got mens basketball and a sport hardly anybody watches women basketball with tv coverage.
    Why would you say there is barely any coverage?

5. Default Re: Feb 12 SB opening lineup

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Why would you say there is barely any coverage?
    Because I didn’t see any games on the ESPN apps, and checking the UL schedule I only saw one Tulane baseball game coming up. Clearly I hope I’ve missed the watch labels.

Because I didn’t see any games on the ESPN apps, and checking the UL schedule I only saw one Tulane baseball game coming up. Clearly I hope I’ve missed the watch labels.
    From what I have been told is all the baseball games will be streamed on espn plus.

7. Default Re: Feb 12 SB opening lineup

Checking ESPN I only saw one UL Lamers baseball game. Didn’t see it on the UL website. So maybe they show up later on the multiple guides.

Clearly I hope they’re all covered.

Checking ESPN I only saw one UL Lamers baseball game. Didn’t see it on the UL website. So maybe they show up later on the multiple guides.

Clearly I hope they’re all covered.
    The away games are determined by that teams broadcast package. All home games should be streamed for baseball. I don't see the Friday softball games on the ESPN+ schedule as of right now.

I hope UL will do the right thing and stream all the softball home games. There are no tickets available to the public, and the team is top 10 in every significant poll. In this time of Covid, it would be common-sensical to send out publicly the games of what very possibly could be a national championship team led by a locally-grown All-American pitcher. ESPN+ will pick up some of the conference games, but it would be beneficial for UL to turn a camera or two on the field for every home game and stream out to the rabid fanbase.

Man now you asking me to did deep.This lineup can go any way but I think the first four are correct.

1. Dalton
    2. Alderink
    3. Gortarez
    4. Bryan
    5. Roman
    6. Rawls
    7. O'Neal
    8. Curry or Miltz
    9. Keen or Talley
    I guess with Dalton as leadoff, if that stays, then we're not looking at a 40+ base-stealer in that spot for this season? Or does she have speed that I'm just not aware of?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    I guess with Dalton as leadoff, if that stays, then we're not looking at a 40+ base-stealer in that spot for this season? Or does she have speed that I'm just not aware of?
    She's a get on base person with power behind her. A number of coaches will put speed people leading off or in the #9 hitter position.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleCajun View Post
    I hope UL will do the right thing and stream all the softball home games. There are no tickets available to the public, and the team is top 10 in every significant poll. In this time of Covid, it would be common-sensical to send out publicly the games of what very possibly could be a national championship team led by a locally-grown All-American pitcher. ESPN+ will pick up some of the conference games, but it would be beneficial for UL to turn a camera or two on the field for every home game and stream out to the rabid fanbase.
    ESPN+ aired the softball and baseball games last year; I see no reason they would not continue.

Put another dime in the juke box!

GEAUX CAJUNS!

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    If Keen bats 1 or 9 she still will steal alot of bases. Coach said she had the potential to steal 50 to 60 bases even if she isnt a full time starter.

If Keen bats 1 or 9 she still will steal alot of bases. Coach said she had the potential to steal 50 to 60 bases even if she isnt a full time starter.
    I like the idea of Dalton leading off and getting on base.. I'm glad they're not trying to make her a power hitter again, because I don't think that's her strength.

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    I like the idea of Dalton leading off and getting on base.. I'm glad they're not trying to make her a power hitter again, because I don't think that's her strength.
    Dalton has had a great fall and spring. What most folks don't realize is she is a great base runner also. You don't have to have the best speed to be a great base runner.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information