Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: All Time Radio Team

UL Basketball All Time Radio Team

How about all time radio play by play in the Cajun Dome my top 3 are Don Allen, Don Allen and Don Allen.

Default Re: My All-Time Cajundome Team

After moving to NC 20+ years ago, NC Basketball broadcasts were everywhere. Woody Durham was the "Legendary" voice of the Tarheels. Trust me, as good as he was, he couldn't carry DA's jock nor for that matter, carry Jays water. However, Woody was a really, really, good football PXP man. No dead air, never...

Default Re: All Time Radio Team

Has CajunVic gone on to parts unknown???

Don Allen?? You guys must have heard a different Don Allen from what I did.

Quote Originally Posted by VajunCick View Post
    How about all time radio play by play in the Cajun Dome my top 3 are Don Allen, Don Allen and Don Allen.
    I thought Don Allen was gone by the time the Cajundome opened.

My all time radio guys were/are J C Politz, Ron Gomez, Don Allen and Jay Walker. Not necessarily in that order. I think that’s all the guys that covered the Cajuns.

7. Default Re: All Time Radio Team

Quote Originally Posted by 60swerethebest View Post
    My all time radio guys were/are J C Politz, Ron Gomez, Don Allen and Jay Walker. Not necessarily in that order. I think that’s all the guys that covered the Cajuns.
    I never got to hear J C Politz (that I'm aware of) but based on the quality of your other picks, he must have been very good.

JC Politz was a character. His sports casts on KATC were shall we say...... amusing.

I didn't get into basketball on the radio until Jaybird was calling the shots.

For the younger guys, J. C. was the announcer in the 1959 Billy Cannon Halloween run against Ole Miss. Slip of the tongue bought him infamy.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    JC Politz was a character. His sports casts on KATC were shall we say...... amusing.
    The Buddy D. of Lafayette!
    (No offense to Hap Glaudi!)

12. Default Re: All Time Radio Team

Quote Originally Posted by IberiaCajun View Post
    The Buddy D. of Lafayette!
    (No offense to Hap Glaudi!)
    ........Okay back in the days there was a UL station that would also broadcast games...Jim Bradshaw told me this tale of I think Bucky Allen and him.....it’s halftime and the players are coming back on the court....story goes that one of them says “ well the players are back on the court bouncing their balls”....realizing his statement and additional meanings they got the Giggles and kinda went to break....every time they came back on they couldn’t stop laughing....finally they blamed technical difficulties and shut it down.....sad that history will pop up at times!

KRVS did carry the game. Reached all the way to Girard Park.

Only heard Don Allen call some tv baseball games a few times so I’ve got no real read in him. I’ve only been listening to Cajuns broadcasts since like 2004/5 so Jay is the voice of the Cajuns for me. A good one at that.

While I’m not suggesting he be on the all radio team, Stevie P calling softball is fun to listen to. Especially an exciting game because he’s super excited too. He’s a fan also and you can share in that excitement on the broadcast. Makes for a good experience.

15. Default Re: All Time Radio Team

Don Allen calling radio was awesome.

His weakness was in the lack of acknowledging the comments of his color guy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information