Thread: Texas State didn’t sign any high school players.

UL Football Texas State didn’t sign any high school players.

Apparently they are willing to sacrifice the future to win right now.

http://https://www.saturdaydownsouth...prospects/amp/

Default Re: Texas State didn’t sign any high school players.

With the free year.....if there was a year to load up on Transfers and JC, this is the year. 2 yr JC and transfers still have 4 yrs to play 3. Any player that redshirted 1st yr, played 2nd still has 4 yrs eligibility.

But 0 from HS???? very odd

What Napier and staff did was picture perfect. Balance of heavily recruited 3 star players mixed with PROVEN transfers from P5 that improves team immediately.

The QB that transferred from NC State was offered in HS by Alabama among others. 9000+ yards passing in HS

could be a roster management move that may work out long term. with the extra year, they already have a freshman class in place. all of the rest of us that added HS recruits have just created a mega sized freshman class. That will need to be work through over the next couple years all over the country. the portal will continue to stay active to pick up players at any time if you have spots available.

Sacrifice the future? The armadillos haven't been tearing up the skids lately. Although not as bad as the bunch from Monroe, the school really needs a quick fix or get left behind. The progress the Sun Belt had this past year put several of its members on alert to fix issues quick or be left way behind. This off season saw probably the most changes in coaching staffs that the Sun Belt has ever had. Yes, we are one of the main reasons along with covid carolina and App. Our teams are no longer looking for a call from or sending Power Points to coosa. Several of those teams from coosa would jump at the chance to join us right now if given the chance. Several are watching ULM closely hoping for its demise so a football slot will open up. And, if it were up to the fans, mostly the eastern side of the conference, they would kick out TS just because it's so far west. We're probably the only team that thinks San Marcos is close.

See all the trouble we are causing? Isn't it great to be a Cajun right now?!

Well, I for one like my hour-long trek south to watch my Cajuns in person. I also selfishly enjoy knowing that I will go home happy on most of those trips. I'd like to see them more competitive, but I would be sad to see them go.

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    Apparently they are willing to sacrifice the future to win right now.

http://https://www.saturdaydownsouth...prospects/amp/
    Well, Here’s a quote from 11/28/18, it’s time to produce, year 3. The only saving grace for Spavital may be their AD isn’t the sharpest knife in the drawer. But he made his bed and shoved all his chips in.

"We are going to win," Spavital said. "We're going to win games. We're going to win championships. We're going to win bowl games."

8. UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: Texas State didn’t sign any high school players.

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard 1280 View Post
    Well, I for one like my hour-long trek south to watch my Cajuns in person. I also selfishly enjoy knowing that I will go home happy on most of those trips. I'd like to see them more competitive, but I would be sad to see them go.
    1 hour South ride? Alexandria or Bunkie I’d guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Balanced_view View Post
    could be a roster management move that may work out long term. with the extra year, they already have a freshman class in place. all of the rest of us that added HS recruits have just created a mega sized freshman class. That will need to be work through over the next couple years all over the country. the portal will continue to stay active to pick up players at any time if you have spots available.
    You may be right; with the portal you do have proven players available that will be/should be able to produce immediately. Then after improving the record you can add the depth from high school recruits.

If they get better it improves the SBC which helps everyone in it.

GEAUX CAJUNS!

Quote Originally Posted by BamaCajun View Post
    And, if it were up to the fans, mostly the eastern side of the conference, they would kick out TS just because it's so far west. We're probably the only team that thinks San Marcos is close.
    I like having Texas State in the conference. Their athletic budget is 3rd highest in the Belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    I like having Texas State in the conference. Their athletic budget is 3rd highest in the Belt.
    They're located in a great city and the quality of the coeds are better than what you'd find in Boone or Conway. Lol

But on a serious note, if they could get it together they could compete with SMU and Houston. Pulling away recruits and resources from them

Same here. We enjoy our long jaunts to the Hill Country.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    1 hour South ride? Alexandria or Bunkie I’d guess.
    Round Rock to San Marcos

14. Default Re: Texas State didn’t sign any high school players.

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard 1280 View Post
    Round Rock to San Marcos
    Okay I was thinking you were talking about Cajun Field. Silly of me.

Thread Information