Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: My All-Time Cajundome Team

1. Default Re: My All-Time Cajundome Team

Best non Cajun player I’ve seen in person at the Cajun Dome was Penny Hardaway. Probably the best period. So fast up and down the court.

Default Re: My All-Time Cajundome Team

Quote Originally Posted by J-Town Cajun View Post
    All time defensive team.
    Guards:S. Griggs, E. Payton, I. Washington, B. Jones, and L. Bridges.
    Bigs: J. Gant, M. Southall, K. Colby, B. Washington, and T. Awaku.
    Orien Greene has to be on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Best non Cajun player I’ve seen in person at the Cajun Dome was Penny Hardaway. Probably the best period. So fast up and down the court.
    Would have to agree with Penny although the best team I’ve seen at the cajundome was the Cal coached UMass team with Marcus Camby, Lou Roe, Edgar Padilla and Carmello Travieso. Camby didn’t play in the game cause of an injury but he was legit in pregame warmups.

Quote Originally Posted by RC8 View Post
    Would have to agree with Penny although the best team I’ve seen at the cajundome was the Cal coached UMass team with Marcus Camby, Lou Roe, Edgar Padilla and Carmello Travieso. Camby didn’t play in the game cause of an injury but he was legit in pregame warmups.
    We played them closer at their place the year before.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    We played them closer at their place the year before.
    “The rage in the cage”

We lost a lot from that team and if I remember correctly the 94 team had all the freshmen...Poole, Price, Manuel, Bowman and Snowden. Finished like 7-22 that year

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    Antoine Landry is a guy who didn’t do much his 1st 3 years but exploded as a senior. if only he had redshirted. In today’s environment he would just be another bust/transfer
    A lot like Tyren Johnson. 3 years and was really a role player then blew up to be SBC Player of the Year and is still playing pro ball

7. Default Re: My All-Time Cajundome Team

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns80 View Post
    Orien Greene has to be on the list.
    ....can somebody describe the call against Greene in the Louisville game with their coach and the ref and the game implication?

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ....can somebody describe the call against Greene in the Louisville game with their coach and the ref and the game implication?
    He got hit with a couple charges and got into foul trouble early. Seem to remember spencer Ford playing out of his mind that game. Greene didn’t play much at all and when he came back in the second half he picked up his 5th on another charge.

He had what I remember was at least two bogus offensive fouls called on him which extremely limited his court time.

Quote Originally Posted by RC8 View Post
    He got hit with a couple charges and got into foul trouble early. Seem to remember spencer Ford playing out of his mind that game. Greene didn’t play much at all and when he came back in the second half he picked up his 5th on another charge.
    I was at the game. I remember either his 3rd or 4th was on a fast break where he was beat and trailing I was screamed out “Don’t foul him Orien” Twice and he still did, and the guy still made the lay up and got the and 1. The 5th did come on a charge. When Spencer Ford first came in he had a wide open jumper from the foul line that he left about 2 ft short, after that he did settle down and made a couple shots. Down the stretch they started playing this loud heartbeat over the PA system when were shooting free throws, but not Louisville. At the time the NHL was on strike so I’m sure the Arena and the downtown area were desperate for some revenue. There were probably 25k Louisville fans there, many who didn’t even have tickets that were just hanging out in the bars on Broadway. I sure nobody wanted all of their money heading home to Louisville 2 days early.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    I was at the game. I remember either his 3rd or 4th was on a fast break where he was beat and trailing I was screamed out “Don’t foul him Orien” Twice and he still did, and the guy still made the lay up and got the and 1. The 5th did come on a charge. When Spencer Ford first came in he had a wide open jumper from the foul line that he left about 2 ft short, after that he did settle down and made a couple shots. Down the stretch they started playing this loud heartbeat over the PA system when were shooting free throws, but not Louisville. At the time the NHL was on strike so I’m sure the Arena and the downtown area were desperate for some revenue. There were probably 25k Louisville fans there, many who didn’t even have tickets that were just hanging out in the bars on Broadway. I sure nobody wanted all of their money heading home to Louisville 2 days early.
    I remember that now. Me and my brother in law went down Broadway before the game and played pool against some Louisville fans. They didn’t realize the whole time that we were from Louisiana cause the whole UL/black and red thing being the same. When we were about $100 up on the it stopped getting so friendly. We made it out safely and yes it was nothing but card fans. I dreamt about the C-A-R-D-S CARDS chant for weeks

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information