Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Anyone recall "stealing" a game like today ?

1. Default Re: Anyone recall "stealing" a game like today ?

Quote Originally Posted by IberiaCajun View Post
    Memories of Blackham from the Athleticnetwork website
    https://athleticnetwork.net/site.php?pageID=885
    ......Very much appreciate the walk in the past post......saw a bunch of them!

Default Re: Anyone recall "stealing" a game like today ?

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ......Very much appreciate the walk in the past post......saw a bunch of them!
    We deserved to win the game yesterday. The charging call against Russell was awful, typical of a Saturday in the Sunbelt.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    Dou Gueye hitting that shot a UTA comes to mind.

Dion Rainey hitting that corner jumper at Blackham in the NIT against UAB.

Earl Watkins hitting a bomb, don't remember against who.

None of these were off a turnover though, but I think were game winning shots, as Cajuns were behind. At least that is my memory.
    Earl's shot was long ang high enough you had time to emotionally go from "what the heck" to "it's going in".

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ....lRemember Jimmy Edney on the clock and Johnny Collins I think going full court with about 3 seconds.....Blackham was pumped!
    I was at that game. Against Stetson, if I recall correctly. Their coach was incredulous in the postgame. He was like, “how the hell do you dribble the length of the court and get that shot off?”

Quote Originally Posted by Jeaux View Post
    If you wanna talk stealing a game, the sbc tourney game against Georgia State is the one that comes to my mind. We were out played and out coached down the stretch and Payton single handed put the cajuns on his back
    Great reminder of a special win. I think steal of an inbounds pass was key there too. We scored, stole the ball, passed to Shawn Long who made layup, got fouled and made free throw. That helped force OT. That was a special afternoon in New Orleans since victory was against Panthers.

We were at the Northeast game. Blackham was literally shaking. My younger brother was so scared he asked my mom an dad to go home. Unbelievable experience!!

7. Default Re: Anyone recall "stealing" a game like today ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Watkins shot was against Houston. Talked to another old timer earlier this evening. We recalled a game in 1971 against then Northeast Louisiana. Bo Lamar scored 6 points in the final minute to send game to OT. He ended up getting 63 which to lead team to victory. Back then there was no shot clock and no three point line. Then Bulldogs had to get late steals in order to get possession to allow Lamar to have opportunity for offensive heroics. He would have had well over 70 points in that game had three point shot been in. Nice to have today's result spur special memories.
    I was at that game. My only recollection was the total points Lamar had.

Randell Daigle versus South Al 2009. 25 footer at the buzzer.

9. Default Re: Anyone recall "stealing" a game like today ?

Last night? Was that a steal or something else? Looks like a high hot pass bounced through the Bobcats hands into Butts who had the reaction and presence of mind to score the short shot. Unforced turnover was our problem all night, but theirs at the most critical moment.

Hello Robe. Always be ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Grantvb View Post
    Randell Daigle versus South Al 2009. 25 footer at the buzzer.
    Was that before we had monitors and Ronnie Arrow went off the deep end? I kinda remember everyone pointing up to the big screen to show he clearly got it off before the buzzer sounded.

11. Default Re: Anyone recall "stealing" a game like today ?

Quote Originally Posted by RC8 View Post
    Was that before we had monitors and Ronnie Arrow went off the deep end? I kinda remember everyone pointing up to the big screen to show he clearly got it off before the buzzer sounded.
    We also had a buzzer beater vs the Hoax several years back. Sent a young girl into tears.

Yeah. arrow completely melted down. If I recall correctly, he was reprimanded by the league for his reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    We also had a buzzer beater vs the Hoax several years back. Sent a young girl into tears.
    The buzzer beater at ULM in which a young Warhawk fan kept yelling I can't believe he made it occurred in February of 2017. It occurred on a half court shot by Jonathon Stove after two missed free throws by ULM. Interesting events before that. With roughly five seconds left the Cajuns are shooting two free throws down by four. Both shots are good to cut the lead to two. However, on the second free throw attempt, Coach Marlin instructs one of our guys to jump on the back of a ULM player who is a poor free throw shooter. Sure enough a foul is called and that guy has to go to the line. As I said before, he misses both. Thinking back on it, that one was just as improbable a Cajun victory as what occurred yesterday.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information