Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Final: G4 Louisiana 74 Texas State 73

Default Re: Live Game Talk: G4 Louisiana 74 Texas State 73

Basketball was 4-0 on the weekend. Double sweep.

Default Re: Live Game Talk: G4 Louisiana vs Texas State

Quote Originally Posted by Balanced_view View Post
    that was a bad call, but not sunbelt level bad. half of refs will get that one wrong at least once a game. it is one of the harder calls in basketball to make.
    Fully agree. From the side looked like right call, from straight on facing goal, defender looks a half second late.

Throw in Will Wade’s boys pulling a “Fletcher”, a great basketball day.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Not to bring up money bags tigers, but that was the on a national network so everyone saw that. Hilarious. Wreck em Tech.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Not to bring up money bags tigers, but that was the on a national network so everyone saw that. Hilarious. Wreck em Tech.
    Absolutely! Such a pleasure to see those cheating’ tiggers go down in such a hilarious manner!

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    Absolutely! Such a pleasure to see those cheating’ tiggers go down in such a hilarious manner!
    Fully agree! Was LMAO as it unfolded on the news. My saving grace when it happend to us, I had given up my tickets because I was fed up with Marty...and, honestly, LMAO then. And my ticket was free.

Keep telling my tigger friends the only difference what happened at Alice Shoe and Baylor is Baylor had a dead body. Eaux is probably dead man walking, he'll probably take the fall on the football side. Just look at the trouble they had making a hire last week.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Basketball was 4-0 on the weekend. Double sweep.
    Both teams have won five straight and are in first place in the SBC West Division. Did not see women's game so can't comment much. As far as men's game is concerned, we literally stole one. Give credit to Butts for not being so excited to miss the shot after the steal. Many players would do so. He must like playing against the Bobcats since his 6 threes beat them in the first conference game of the year. It was a very questionable call on the Russell bucket taken away. Same with a bucket taken away by Awkuba a few minutes earlier. I don't know if anyone heard Coach Morris in post game. Said ref who called charge had told him earlier they had missed some calls when Bobcats had their hands on Cedric when he drove. Said he had us. He almost did get us did he not. Coach Morris also dedicated victory to his mother who is battling cancer. Appropriate such a victory happens on coaches vs cancer weekend. Finally, both Russell and Butts were hot from outside most of game. That was not all luck. If you noticed they had several makes on catch and shoot plays. They received pass in a position allowing clean looks. That allowed them to square their feet/body and have wrist good wrist follow through on the release. Coach Marlin has been saying we shoot the ball better in practice than in games and eventually that would translate. It won't continue at the same percentage as today but a few will fall with continued good execution and proper technique on the shot. It it does Awkuba will start to score inside once more. Still need to clean up the turnovers. Rebounding had been a strength until this weekend. Need to shore that up once more.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Both teams have won five straight and are in first place in the SBC West Division. Did not see women's game so can't comment much. As far as men's game is concerned, we literally stole one. Give credit to Butts for not being so excited to miss the shot after the steal. Many players would do so. He must like playing against the Bobcats since his 6 threes beat them in the first conference game of the year. It was a very questionable call on the Russell bucket taken away. Same with a bucket taken away by Awkuba a few minutes earlier. I don't know if anyone heard Coach Morris in post game. Said ref who called charge had told him earlier they had missed some calls when Bobcats had their hands on Cedric when he drove. Said he had us. He almost did get us did he not. Coach Morris also dedicated victory to his mother who is battling cancer. Appropriate such a victory happens on coaches vs cancer weekend. Finally, both Russell and Butts were hot from outside most of game. That was not all luck. If you noticed they had several makes on catch and shoot plays. They received pass in a position allowing clean looks. That allowed them to square their feet/body and have wrist good wrist follow through on the release. Coach Marlin has been saying we shoot the ball better in practice than in games and eventually that would translate. It won't continue at the same percentage as today but a few will fall with continued good execution and proper technique on the shot. It it does Awkuba will start to score inside once more. Still need to clean up the turnovers. Rebounding had been a strength until this weekend. Need to shore that up once more.
    Rebounding was as issue because we could not keep Harrell out the lane and Awkuba kept trying to get the help block, and we didn't rotate another body onto his man.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns80 View Post
    Rebounding was as issue because we could not keep Harrell out the lane and Awkuba kept trying to get the help block, and we didn't rotate another body onto his man.
    Good observation. Also Coach Morris said that we were only sending two guys to the boards in post game. He mentioned thought process behind that but I don't recall the details.

Terrible call. Awful, horrible call. Two refs had eyes on that play, the guy on the sideline and the guy in the right side backcourt. Backcourt ref should've seen Texas State defender moving his feet. He *never* had them set. Should've overruled the baseline judge, who may not have seen that.

At least it didn't cost us the game.

It probably was a block, BUT Russell was little out of control and that didn't help his case. All-in-all, a good win being down four with less that two minutes left. Didn't cave to the pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Good observation. Also Coach Morris said that we were only sending two guys to the boards in post game. He mentioned thought process behind that but I don't recall the details.
    Morris said the strategy was to get some guys back to defend against fast breaks and runouts. He said they sacrificed rebounds (only 2 or 3 crashing the boards) to forces Texas St. to run their half-court offense.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAlan View Post
    Someone said Butt shouldn't be on the court forever ??

Yeah I said it. Hope he makes me eat my words for the rest of his career. Devin brings it every night. Tonight was his night. Congrats to the team on a hard fought sweep

13. Default Re: Live Game Talk: G4 Louisiana vs Texas State

Quote Originally Posted by RC8 View Post
    Yeah I said it. Hope he makes me eat my words for the rest of his career. Devin brings it every night. Tonight was his night. Congrats to the team on a hard fought sweep
    ....So how did we win it at the end?

Default Re: Live Game Talk: G4 Louisiana at Texas State

Quote Originally Posted by RC8 View Post
    Anyone know the lady’s name doing color?
    She's a "Fox"

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Fully agree. From the side looked like right call, from straight on facing goal, defender looks a half second late.

I was happy with that as well!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information