Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Coastal is playing spring football???

1. Default Re: Coastal is playing spring football???

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    Fair enough. I should have clarified pre-post. But it certainly could have been surmised. So with NC and VA doing this, guess who gets to scout more in person hs games since the coaches dont have to worry about their own games right now.
    I don't think many actual recruiters will be running hither and thither around the country watching makeshift teams hoping their player gets in on a play. Especially when they can watch HS spring practice and analyze technique based on play after repetitive play.

Default Re: Coastal is playing spring football???

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I don't think many actual recruiters will be running hither and thither around the country watching makeshift teams hoping their player gets in on a play. Especially when they can watch HS spring practice and analyze technique based on play after repetitive play.
    How would the rule differences come in to play comparing in person contact at a practice and different time periods allowed for campus visits vice game attendance

3. Default Re: Coastal is playing spring football???

How would the rule differences come in to play comparing in person contact at a practice and different time periods allowed for campus visits vice game attendance
    I have no idea since the NCAA has banned in-person recruiting until at least April 15.

I have no idea since the NCAA has banned in-person recruiting until at least April 15.
    Oh snap...

This might be good news actually. When is the normal dead peiod? Wouldntt in person mean at the school (i.E. voids your practice comment). Since some games are at neutral sites??

This might be good news actually. When is the normal dead peiod? Wouldntt in person mean at the school (i.E. voids your practice comment). Since some games are at neutral sites??
    I believe in person means being in the same location as opposed to a remote visit.

High school kids getting to play more sports? We should fry those m’fers...seriously... these sick f’n bastards...how DARE teenagers play games and have fun...FFS who gives a ____

8. Default Re: Coastal is playing spring football???

My practice comment is based on all things being equal. A scout can consistently learn more about a player watching practice than he often can watching a game.

Simply because of the repetitive drill nature of practice. It's a situation where all the positions are getting undivided attention.

A scrimmage and a game are closer to the same. That scenario becomes beneficial if your player gets in, and if the plays come his way.

Coaches want game tape. All that other stuff happens at off season camps.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    High school kids getting to play more sports? We should fry those m’fers...seriously... these sick f’n bastards...how DARE teenagers play games and have fun...FFS who gives a ____
    you people are f...n nuts, who said they are against it. does anyone know what a question is. nobody wants to learn anything or expand their horizons they just want their post to shoot down the other post. not sure how we build up together that way. oh well. so it would be much better to not ask and then get punished after the fact, fascinating take. guess thats why we get punished for one tshirt, but others (read p5) can have unlimited movies, bowling, shoes, live on campus on scholarship and not go to skool to “prepare for draft”, you name it. and our act scores get questioned and punished when we had highest goa in team history but most p5s are just going to school “online” now....im sure all their own work is being done.. who is checking that? fascinating. im convinced so many on here really dont want to win and upset the p5 apple cart

You were talking about a high school kid going from Carencro to Virginia to play football, if he and his family are willing to do that so he can play a game who cares? Does it really matter?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information