Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: If you can’t beat em

People If you can’t beat em

Viator hired by BN per KATC.

Default Re: If you can’t beat em

Great hire. Viator has paid his dues in Louisiana and needs no introduction at any high school in this state. Happy for Viator. He's a good man.

Good move

4. Default Re: If you can’t beat em

This is a great hire, the question is where will he coach or will he be an "analyst".

Love it!!!!!!

The ULM gig was a mistake for him, I believe he would have gotten a better job if he had just waited a little longer at McNeese.

If he's an analysis, we've got two good ones in him and Bobby Lamb.

It would be interesting to see the programs organizational chart.

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post
    Great hire. Viator has paid his dues in Louisiana and needs no introduction at any high school in this state. Happy for Viator. He's a good man.
    Agreed. I really like this.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunStros View Post
    Viator hired by BN per KATC.
    Abbreviations are no fun, what is BN? LOL

According to KATC, he’ll be an advance scout. Think he’ll be more in his element focusing on football instead of being forced to wear too many hats as he was at ULM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    According to KATC, he’ll be an advance scout. Think he’ll be more in his element focusing on football instead of being forced to wear too many hats as he was at ULM.
    I wouldn't be surprised if his salary is around what he was making at ULM.
    Either way, the state retirement system is such that it is based on the 3 years of your highest salary. So you can be high up in mgmnt for only 3 years, then work at minimum wage for the next 30, and you would get retirement based on just your 3 years in mgmnt.

I know this is putting the cart way way before the horse.

But if Coach Napier leaves does Coach Viator get consideration of the HC job? In my opinion I think this is why he is taking the job. He could have been an assistant at any other school or NFL team for that matter, but I think he is anticipating there may be an opening here at some point in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by ultracajun View Post
    I know this is putting the cart way way before the horse.

But if Coach Napier leaves does Coach Viator get consideration of the HC job? In my opinion I think this is why he is taking the job. He could have been an assistant at any other school or NFL team for that matter, but I think he is anticipating there may be an opening here at some point in the future.
    Well, don't know about the whole HC thing, but I would tend to think a big no on that one.
    And I am also sure a big reason for him deciding to come to UL would be his retirement, as he is adding to his years working for the state if he does so.

Jim, I give you 3 guesses and the first two don’t count.lol

Super excited about this addition!! Hated ULM but could never dislike Coach Viator. With the right system and people in place, this guy is MONEY.and recruit like a MONSTER. He took not 1, but 2 high school programs to the LHSAA state title game - winning 1.

14. Default Re: If you can’t beat em

Quote Originally Posted by Grantvb View Post
    Super excited about this addition!! Hated ULM but could never dislike Coach Viator. With the right system and people in place, this guy is MONEY.and recruit like a MONSTER. He took not 1, but 2 high school programs to the LHSAA state title game - winning 1.
    Were they Sulphur and Sam Houston?

Jennings and Sulphur. Jennings beat Cecilia in 92’ in the Superdome Classic.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information