Thread: Men's and Women's Basketball

1. UL Basketball Men's and Women's Basketball

Don't look now, but after this weekend the UL Ragin' Cajuns men's and women's teams could be sitting on top of the SBC West Divisions and possibly on top of the entire conference.

Currently the Ragin' Cajun Women are on top of the West Division of the SBC with a conference record of 4-1, they play Texas State who is 3-3. If the win both, they are guaranteed to stay on top in the West and if Troy would lose 1 of 2 then they would have the best record in the Conference as of the end of play Saturday.

Currently the Ragin' Cajun Men are in 2nd place in the SBC West behind their opponents this weekend Texas State who sit at 5-1. If the Cajuns can sweep Texas State this weekend then they would be tied, but by virtue of beating them 3 of 4, they would be in 1st place in the west and if they could get a little help from Troy taking at least 1 of 2 from App State, then UL would be tied for the best record in the SBC as well.

Needless to say, this is a big weekend for Cajun Hoops!

Geaux Cajuns!!!

Default Re: Men's and Women's Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Don't look now, but after this weekend the UL Ragin' Cajuns men's and women's teams could be sitting on top of the SBC West Divisions and possibly on top of the entire conference.

Currently the Ragin' Cajun Women are on top of the West Division of the SBC with a conference record of 4-1, they play Texas State who is 3-3. If the win both, they are guaranteed to stay on top in the West and if Troy would lose 1 of 2 then they would have the best record in the Conference as of the end of play Saturday.

Currently the Ragin' Cajun Men are in 2nd place in the SBC West behind their opponents this weekend Texas State who sit at 5-1. If the Cajuns can sweep Texas State this weekend then they would be tied, but by virtue of beating them 3 of 4, they would be in 1st place in the west and if they could get a little help from Troy taking at least 1 of 2 from App State, then UL would be tied for the best record in the SBC as well.

Needless to say, this is a big weekend for Cajun Hoops!

Geaux Cajuns!!!
    I’m really hoping Mob Boss Bob makes me eat my words. We NEED basketball to be great!!

I heard coastal carolina said they should cancel conference tourny and give both titles to Louisiana

No, they would try to claim it for themselves.

I hope the men are at full strength minus the head coach as this certainly is a big weekend. I have to say it seems odd that if coach Marlin tested positive the day after a game we haven’t heard anything on contact tracing with other staff or players.

I do want to wish the best to Coach and his family. I would think he is in good enough health to make it through this ok. I personally lost 2 more family members to Covid in the past 2 days so it is not something I take lightly.

6. Default Re: Men's and Women's Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    I personally lost 2 more family members to Covid in the past 2 days so it is not something I take lightly.
    Sorry for your (and your family's) loss.

I spoke to Coach and he's doing ok. Symptoms have been minimal and the biggest issue for him is fatigue, which seems to be a symptom that lots don't talk about but can remain after the virus is gone.

8. Default Re: Men's and Women's Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    I spoke to Coach and he's doing ok. Symptoms have been minimal and the biggest issue for him is fatigue, which seems to be a symptom that lots don't talk about but can remain after the virus is gone.
    I’m not surprised. Bob has kept himself pretty healthy over the years. Still I’m more concerned about his family especially his wife whose been ill.

Men’s b-ball. Most points scored on Baylor this year to date. Yep. 82. Don’t look up Baylor highest scoring game.

10. Default Re: Men's and Women's Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by 60swerethebest View Post
    Men’s b-ball. Most points scored on Baylor this year to date. Yep. 82. Don’t look up Baylor highest scoring game.
    Which is weird because outside of LSU-S and LSU-a games, the most points UL has scored this year is 83 vs Texas State.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Which is weird because outside of LSU-S and LSU-a games, the most points IL has scored this year is 83 vs Texas State.
    Boy, talk about a NAME issue!

12. Default Re: Men's and Women's Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    Boy, talk about a NAME issue!

LOL, thanks.

Fixed UL in my post.

LOL, thanks.

Fixed UL in my post.
    So there is no I in U?

Have a good day! I appreciate what you have done/do so we continue to have this forum!

14. Default Re: Men's and Women's Basketball

11 straight wins for the "Basketball" programs.

11 straight wins for the "Basketball" programs.
    That’s a good amount of those. Winning is pretty good.

These teams have been pretty fun to watch great past couple of weeks.

Thread Information