Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Final G2: Louisiana 77, Arkansas State 74

1. Default Re: MBB Live Game Talk: G2 Louisiana 77, Arkansas State 74

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns80 View Post
    Very unlikely either play this year.
    It would be all three:

Kobe Julien, Trajan Wesley and Durey Cadwell. I don't know the status of any of them, I just assume he meant all 3.

Default Re: MBB Live Game Talk: G2 Louisiana 77, Arkansas State 74

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    It would be all three:

Kobe Julien, Trajan Wesley and Durey Cadwell. I don't know the status of any of them, I just assume he meant all 3.
    Trajan is taking a redshirt year, Julien and Cadwell haven't even practiced yet, so chances of them being able to do anything this year is low.

Trajan is taking a redshirt year, Julien and Cadwell haven't even practiced yet, so chances of them being able to do anything this year is low.
    Mid February is the latest estimate of when they will be cleared to practice. They have not done so since late October. It will take time for them to get in game shape. Therefore I understand the view they may not help this year. Jacobi Gordon is rounding into shape now. Appears he has lost weight which may explain his improved play recently. This is an example of why it is best to not count on guys out now helping this season.

4. Default Re: MBB Live Game Talk: G2 Louisiana 77, Arkansas State 74

Thanks. I know last I heard Marlin on "the great scott show", and this was a couple of weeks ago is that they were still planning on both coming back, but he had no timetable for their return.

5. Default Re: MBB Live Game Talk: G2 Louisiana 77, Arkansas State 74

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Mid February is the latest estimate of when they will be cleared to practice. They have not done so since late October. It will take time for them to get in game shape. Therefore I understand the view they may not help this year. Jacobi Gordon is rounding into shape now. Appears he has lost weight which may explain his improved play recently. This is an example of why it is best to not count on guys out now helping this season.
    I think both Gordon and Butts can continue to improve and both be contributors this year and beyond.

But man this team needs to grow up in a hurry for next year, the loss of Cedric Russel and even Dou Gueye is going to be tough to replace.

I think both Gordon and Butts can continue to improve and both be contributors this year and beyond.

But man this team needs to grow up in a hurry for next year, the loss of Cedric Russel and even Dou Gueye is going to be tough to replace.
    Keep in mind Russell and Gueye both have the opportunity to return with the extra year of eligibility, but yes as of right now I would expect them both to move on. Technically if they go both scholarships have already been filled with Harper and Joe Charles. However I would expect with the one time transfer rule being passed and the extra year of eligibility the transfer portal will be very active across all of college basketball next year so I wouldn’t be surprised if there was some more roster movement in the off season.

7. Default Re: MBB Live Game Talk: G2 Louisiana 77, Arkansas State 74

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    Keep in mind Russell and Gueye both have the opportunity to return with the extra year of eligibility, but yes as of right now I would expect them both to move on. Technically if they go both scholarships have already been filled with Harper and Joe Charles. However I would expect with the one time transfer rule being passed and the extra year of eligibility the transfer portal will be very active across all of college basketball next year so I wouldn’t be surprised if there was some more roster movement in the off season.
    I don't see Russell coming back, just because I think his foot is always going to be a problem. As good as he is playing he still looks, to me, as though he is favoring it a little. This has been a problem for a few years now. Plus he is a dad, and I am sure he would like to move on with his life.

I could see Dou Geuye coming back. But my thought is that for now they will both be gone. I think this team has real talent potential in some of these young players, but right now, Russell has the ability to carry this team and as good as Wilson is, he is not the outside shooter that Russell is. If Butts and Gordon and Harper can start to light it up, then it will always open up the lane and jump shots for Wilson, who has one of the smoothest 10-15 jump shots we have seen in a long time, dare I say........Byron Starks.

I don't see Russell coming back, just because I think his foot is always going to be a problem. As good as he is playing he still looks, to me, as though he is favoring it a little. This has been a problem for a few years now. Plus he is a dad, and I am sure he would like to move on with his life.

I could see Dou Geuye coming back. But my thought is that for now they will both be gone. I think this team has real talent potential in some of these young players, but right now, Russell has the ability to carry this team and as good as Wilson is, he is not the outside shooter that Russell is. If Butts and Gordon and Harper can start to light it up, then it will always open up the lane and jump shots for Wilson, who has one of the smoothest 10-15 jump shots we have seen in a long time, dare I say........Byron Starks.
    Wilson is not close to Starks on his jumper yet, he is still pretty inconsistent with it. He shows flashes, but I think he shoots too much off balance, once he fixes that, he could be really good from there.

Used to a magic number of 20 wins (so to speak) for at large ncaa big dance bid. I know that has gotten tougher but with reduced sked this season what would be a ballpark figure?

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    Used to a magic number of 20 wins (so to speak) for at large ncaa big dance bid. I know that has gotten tougher but with reduced sked this season what would be a ballpark figure?
    There is no shot at all for a sun belt at large.

An at large bid is a pipe dream for all but a handful of mid major programs these days. The magic number is 3, in Pensacola 1st weekend of March.

Mob boss Bob has the Rona and won’t be coaching this weekend in San Marcos

LOL. At large? With the schedule we typically play (forget Covid) and the teams we typically beat OOC and then add a weak basketball conference. We'd have to run the table beating a couple of P5 teams to even think we'd have a shot at at large. Do you remember the season we had in 16-17? Didn't even sniff one there and our RPI was in the 60's.

15. Default Re: MBB Live Game Talk: G2 Louisiana 77, Arkansas State 74

Those were the old roaring 20's.

Its slim pickins once you get past the automatic bids. 11 for the SEC, 8 for the Big-10, 7 for the Big-12, ........

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information