Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana Takes Top Three Singles Matches, Falls to LSU 4-3

1. UL Tennis Louisiana Takes Top Three Singles Matches, Falls to LSU 4-3

BATON ROUGE - Louisiana's top-three singles players outlasted Louisiana State's in their respective matches, but the Ragin' Cajuns dropped their match against the Tigers, 4-3, on Wednesday night.

Default Re: Louisiana Takes Top Three Singles Matches, Falls to LSU 4-3

Close match, keep improving Cajuns!

3. Default Re: Louisiana Takes Top Three Singles Matches, Falls to LSU 4-3

As I have stated before, this team is really young and the schedule is Insane tough. This team will be very good by the end of the season, but they are going to take their lumps during most of this season. It does not get easier as they a solid Mississippi State team next. But these early matches vs Top level competition will help us later in the season and more importantly during the SBC tournament.

Geaux Cajuns

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    As I have stated before, this team is really young and the schedule is Insane tough. This team will be very good by the end of the season, but they are going to take their lumps during most of this season. It does not get easier as they a solid Mississippi State team next. But these early matches vs Top level competition will help us later in the season and more importantly during the SBC tournament.

Geaux Cajuns
    Why are there hardly any home matches?

Seems weird that 1, 2 and 3 count the same as 4, 5, and 6 .... How do they ensure the 1's are really the 1's and the 6's the 6's, etc etc. And seems doubles should count more than 1/7th of the total score

6. Default Re: Louisiana Takes Top Three Singles Matches, Falls to LSU 4-3

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    Seems weird that 1, 2 and 3 count the same as 4, 5, and 6 .... How do they ensure the 1's are really the 1's and the 6's the 6's, etc etc. And seems doubles should count more than 1/7th of the total score
    A win is a win.

Basketball tournament: If a 1 beats a 16 or a 16 beats a 1, they advance the same.

7. Default Re: Louisiana Takes Top Three Singles Matches, Falls to LSU 4-3

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    Singles Matches all count as 1 point, so we actually tied them in singles 3-3, the tiebreaker is the doubles matches (they combined count as only 1 point.) College tennis has been this way for a long time. Their is no guarantee that you do not reverse play your lineup, but in the long run that would not help. If you reversed your lineup and played 1 @ 6 and 6 @ 1, it would equal out each other. Plus you always want your #1 vs their #1 and so on. Their are times (specifically if you know your opponents), whey you might have a better matchup with you #2 vs their #1 and vise versa and you might want to do that. But reverse playing almost never works out. Plus coaches know for the most part who your stronger players are, if this was done on a regular basis their would be a serious repercussions.

Doubles matches are only 1 set, so that is why they count as 1 point all together, while singles can go 3 sets.

8. Default Re: Louisiana Takes Top Three Singles Matches, Falls to LSU 4-3

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    Why are there hardly any home matches?
    That is a really good question and very disappointing. I do not know the answer to this, as I am sure it was difficult to make a schedule this year.

That is a really good question and very disappointing. I do not know the answer to this, as I am sure it was difficult to make a schedule this year.
    It does seem strange that the women have 8 home dates and the men only 2.

10. Default Re: Louisiana Takes Top Three Singles Matches, Falls to LSU 4-3

yes, very disappointing.

For those of you that have been to matches before, local eateries have traditionally given out free food during the matches, including DEAN-O's Pizza, Cajun Claw's and others.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Is Marlin doing their scheduling?

Z

Maybe it's a bad year for having to pay expenses to bring teams in? Budgets had to take a beating over the last year.

13. Default Re: Louisiana Takes Top Three Singles Matches, Falls to LSU 4-3

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Maybe it's a bad year for having to pay expenses to bring teams in? Budgets had to take a beating over the last year.
    Probably so. But it does beg the question how did the women get so many home matches.

does tennis sell shirts similar to their uniforms....of all the sports i think these always seem to be the sharpest, plus they look the most like regular clothes than all other sports jerseys do

Probably so. But it does beg the question how did the women get so many home matches.
    Have to say looking at the womens schedule, I can see how they got so many home matches. Out of Conference seems to be Southern, SLU, & McNeese. Conference is ULM, Lamar, TxState, UTA, & Arkansas State.

I'm guessing the men's team is looking for higher quality opponents and those teams don't want to travel to us at this time. I guess we have to take what we can get as a schedule this year and maybe get some of those teams to come in next year.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information