Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Thread: Live Game Talk G2: Louisiana 68, UTA 51

Default Re: Live Game Talk G2: Louisiana 68, UTA 51

Dou brings a lot of energy. He does take a number of silly shots and some passes are off. But he fights for rebounds, is energetic on defense and does make critical shots.

2. Default Re: Live Game Talk G2: Louisiana at UTA

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    7 points, ten rebounds and assist and two steals. And, he was +15 in the (+ -) category.

Your disdain is well documented. Let him make a mistake or two and you come screaming on this board. He plays well and you have nothing to say. No credit.
    His mistakes are epic awful, that’s what makes you forget the good.

Default Re: Live Game Talk G2: Louisiana at UTA

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    7 points, ten rebounds and assist and two steals. And, he was +15 in the (+ -) category.

Your disdain is well documented. Let him make a mistake or two and you come screaming on this board. He plays well and you have nothing to say. No credit.
    It's the consistency at which he makes these mistakes. That is what I harp on. I think we will see teams do exactly what UTA did, they will sag off completely and let him do whatever he wants. He kills our spacing when teams do this as he is no threat. He is very very good without the ball in his hands, when he is getting offensive put backs. Any offensive touches outside of the paint almost always end in a turnover or a poor shot. I realize he is playing way more than Marlin wants him to because of the loss of Kobe Julien, hopefully we get him back and Dou can play more spot minutes.

Default Re: Live Game Talk G2: Louisiana 68, UTA 51

He is playing so much better than last year! He has been driving to the basket pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns80 View Post
    It's the consistency at which he makes these mistakes. That is what I harp on. I think we will see teams do exactly what UTA did, they will sag off completely and let him do whatever he wants. He kills our spacing when teams do this as he is no threat. He is very very good without the ball in his hands, when he is getting offensive put backs. Any offensive touches outside of the paint almost always end in a turnover or a poor shot. I realize he is playing way more than Marlin wants him to because of the loss of Kobe Julien, hopefully we get him back and Dou can play more spot minutes.
    The good things Dou does do not show up in the box score. Defensively the guy he guards rarely gets his average. He plays so hard that it rubs off on the other guys. Friday night was an exception as no one played well on defense that night. With the team we have now, I don't know who should be starting ahead of him. Richards is a 5 man, not a four man. He is not quick enough to guard some of the guys who play the 4 spot today. I agree with Cajuns80 in two points. No. 1, opponents will continue to sag off of him and beg him to shoot. Hopefully his mid range game improves. He should focus on those and not the three ball. No. 2, were Julien available and at 100 percent, he would be starting ahead of Dou most nights. I don't know if we will see that Julien this year. I also agree with Cajun Express in that the mistakes Dou makes are so glaring that it is easy to highlight them and forget the positive plays he makes as those are routine.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    The good things Dou does do not show up in the box score. Defensively the guy he guards rarely gets his average. He plays so hard that it rubs off on the other guys. Friday night was an exception as no one played well on defense that night. With the team we have now, I don't know who should be starting ahead of him. Richards is a 5 man, not a four man. He is not quick enough to guard some of the guys who play the 4 spot today. I agree with Cajuns80 in two points. No. 1, opponents will continue to sag off of him and beg him to shoot. Hopefully his mid range game improves. He should focus on those and not the three ball. No. 2, were Julien available and at 100 percent, he would be starting ahead of Dou most nights. I don't know if we will see that Julien this year. I also agree with Cajun Express in that the mistakes Dou makes are so glaring that it is easy to highlight them and forget the positive plays he makes as those are routine.
    I'm sure if we see Julien, it will be at 10-12 min range. Hopefully though, by end of the year, we can stagger his minutes so he is in the finishing lineup with under 4 to go.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Thread Information