Thread: MT: Opens Spring Season at No. 6 Texas

1. UL Tennis MT: Opens Spring Season at No. 6 Texas

The Louisiana Men's Tennis team will kick off its 2021 spring season at the University of Texas on Friday with the match beginning at 2 p.m.

Default Re: MT: Opens Spring Season at No. 6 Texas

Give 'em hell UL!

3. Default Re: MT: Opens Spring Season at No. 6 Texas

This will be a tough opening match. The Cajun Tennis team is extremely young this year as 6 members of last years team that was 13-3 when Covid hit them and of those 3 were significant members and a 4th was planned on being so, but he was out due to injury.

Pearse Dolan--was sitting out last year with an injury, he has since transferred to Old Dominion as a Graduate Student.

Jamie Fraiser--was a senior and I do not see that he moved on, he may have just finished with college tennis.

Jan Galka--Who played #1 as a Freshman for us, has moved on to Auburn to continue his tennis career.

Pierce Gilheany--has transferred to the University of Delaware to continue his tennis career.

Stefan Gazo--I do not see that he has moved on anywhere but is no longer on the roster. He was a Freshman that had a few matches last year.

Silvio Cocito Monoc--was a senior last year who only played a few matches, mostly vs SWAC teams, has transferred as a graduate student to Case Western University, a D3 team in Cleveland to finish his college tennis career.

The team has 3 returning players from last year that played significant time. Freshman Karlo Kajin (Love that name), Freshman Ivailo Keremdchiev and Sophomore Kacper Dworak. Another player that will move into the starting lineup is transfer from Drexel junior Alexander (Xandy) Hammitt. The remaining 4 players on the roster are all freshman. Alejo Ferrer Chueca, Oriol Fillat Gimenez, Grant Landreth and Alejandro Sanchez Gonzales.

This team is going to face a really tough schedule with very few home matches. They face National Powerhouses like Texas, LSU, Mississippi State, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Rice and Baylor on the road as well as really tough matchups vs Middle Tennessee,Texas A&M Corpus Christi, UTRGV and UTSA on the road as well. They have PVA&M and Alcorn on the schedule as well as conference matches vs USA and Troy who are traditionally pretty good. They also will play in HEB invitational, which has become a tradition for the Cajuns and usually has some pretty good teams in it. This is going to be tough for a very young team, but should be fun to see them grow as the season moves on.

4. Default Re: MT: Opens Spring Season at No. 6 Texas

Thanks RaginDave

I knew you had this Tennis update ability, it's actually the football updates that surprised me.

Thanks for everything.

Hopefully we can make some matches this season.

6. Default Re: MT: Opens Spring Season at No. 6 Texas

Live Stats

http://sidearmstats.com/texas/mtennis/xlive.htm

I don't know how long the stats stay up after the match since the stats are not match specific.

7. UL Tennis Ragin’ Cajuns fall at No. 6 Texas to Open the Season

AUSTIN, Texas – The Louisiana Men's Tennis Team claimed a No. 1 doubles victory and battled in two hard-fought singles matches against ranked opponents, but ultimately dropped its season-opener to No. 6 Texas on Friday by a final score of 7-0.

Karlo Kajin!!! We need to get that name out there. May i suggest he gets an RP handle named: Carleaux Cajun?

Thread Information