Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread: Name Advances

Default Re: Name Advances

I didnt hear about a vote for new uniforms, when was that? Was the vote whether to pay for them or not or to assist in the design selection? A beforw and after photo would be awesome and appreciated. Thanks.

We were able to vote online with a handful of similar options several years ago on the current Marching Band uniforms. Now, it’s time to vote on the Pride of Louisiana.

Quote Originally Posted by SMD7636 View Post
    We were able to vote online with a handful of similar options several years ago on the current Marching Band uniforms. Now, it’s time to vote on the Pride of Louisiana.
    Cool. Thanks for the update. Cant believe i missed that. Was it around the time they were doing the game used jersey auctions?

Looks like it was feb 2012 but the images seem to have been taken down

Do you agree that the name of the Marching Band should be the Pride of Louisiana?

6. Default Re: Name Advances

Do you agree that the name of the Marching Band should be the Pride of Louisiana?
    Yes

7. Default Re: ULL & UL-Lafayette

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Validates your early 80's efforts.

Yours and Leslie Durio's as well.
    add Peanut to the name MVP list!

8. Default Re: Name Advances

Not an absolute on that. I’m happy with it either way. The band should not have the biggest say in their name. The band belongs to the university composed of students, faculty, administrative people, alumni, and additionally local supporters. This wouldn’t be such a big issue almost anywhere else.

Another significant way improve perception is to change the name of the Marching Band to the Pride of Louisiana. This should have happened in 1999 when UL was no longer a regional university and the name on our degrees say the University of Louisiana. It’s time to be big time in all aspects. I know our bands have a lot of pride and history. I appreciate and support them, but it’s time to be the Pride of Louisiana. If the band director doesn’t want to make the name change, let all students and alumni vote on it just like we did the uniforms. It’s their money supporting the bands.
    I have been advocating that for a
    long time. Thanks for posting.

How do we start an opinion poll on here? I would be curious to see what everyone thinks about changing the name of the Marching Band to the Pride of Louisiana.

How many fans know the name of the marching band from the majority of universities in the US? Changing the name of the band may be the right thing to do, but I don't believe it will move the needle at all in the adoption of the Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns brand.

12. Default Re: Name Advances

How do we start an opinion poll on here? I would be curious to see what everyone thinks about changing the name of the Marching Band to the Pride of Louisiana.
    Start a new thread,
    give it a title
    and description
    scroll down put the # (number) of choices.
    Post it then put the choices.

I think the band would have to get a LOT better before calling it the pride of Louisiana. It may not even be the best marching band in Lafayette.

Quote Originally Posted by Localyokel View Post
    I think the band would have to get a LOT better before calling it the pride of Louisiana. It may not even be the best marching band in Lafayette.
    And here we GEAUX.

Quote Originally Posted by Localyokel View Post
    He's telling it like it is

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread Information