Thread: Wes Neighbors to Join UL Football Staff

1. People Wes Neighbors to Join UL Football Staff

Wes Neighbors, who spent last season as the safeties coach at South Florida, is reportedly joining coach Billy Napier's staff as a defensive assistant

Homes SO Clean

Default Re: Wes Neighbors to Join UL Football Staff

Another Crimson Tide alumni.” Napier, who was an assistant coach at Alabama from 2013-2016, is very familiar with Neighbors, as the latter worked as an off the field graduate assistant, defensive graduate assistant, and defensive analyst during the same time for the Crimson Tide.

A former college football player at Alabama, Neighbors played safety from 2008-2011, helping the Crimson Tide to BCS National Championships in 2009 and 2011.

Neighbors began his coaching career as an Alabama student assistant, before serving as an off-field graduate assistant, a defensive intern, a defensive graduate assistant, and as a defensive analyst, helping the Crimson Tide to three national titles (2012, 2015, and 2017).”

Huge Neighbors family legacy at Bama.big name in the Huntsville area of the state.

It's amazing that the staff that has been assembled here. For a G5, we have a P5 staff. Something big is building and Napier knows it.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowley Cajun View Post
    It's amazing that the staff that has been assembled here. For a G5, we have a P5 staff. Something big is building and Napier knows it.
    I believe that as well. It’s clear Coach Napier didn’t come to Louisiana for a job, he came because he saw huge opportunity to do something special and he’s not finished his mission. I also believe that is why he’s turned down jobs. This guy if freaking awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by irokcj5 View Post
    I believe that as well. It’s clear Coach Napier didn’t come to Louisiana for a job, he came because he saw huge opportunity to do something special and he’s not finished his mission. I also believe that is why he’s turned down jobs. This guy if freaking awesome.
    I'd like to believe this as well, but lately most theories I hoped would develop.haven't. We need Acadiana to get behind this team like never before.students too! We've tried strategies and tactics in the past to get the students in for gamesmaybe a national ranking (which has never been tried before.wink, wink) will do the trick. Fingers crossed!

Thread Information