Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2 job postings for football coaches

UL Football 2 job postings for football coaches

UL has 2 different job postings for assistant football coaches. I know 1 is for Coach Looney. Who is the other one for?

2. Default Re: 2 job postings for football coaches

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    UL has 2 different job postings for assistant football coaches. I know 1 is for Coach Looney. Who is the other one for?
    Austin Armstrong?

Default Re: 2 job postings for football coaches

Rod Hudson needs a job

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Austin Armstrong?
    Makes sense. I forgot about Armstrong. Hope we get a couple of good ones.

Looks like one spot is spoken for.

Quote Originally Posted by Grantvb View Post
    Wow, how times have changed. I know this is a back against the wall time for them and I wish them well, except against us!

Those chickens in Carolina have my focus now.

GEAUX CAJUNS!

ULM has a pulse! Nice hire.

I remember when he was on our list of potential head coaches while at Tulane.

10. Default Re: 2 job postings for football coaches

Not a huge surprise, #1 Bowden has a history of hiring former high level head coaches to his staff at Akron, he hired former NC State head coach (and no relation to me) Chuck Amato. Remember Rich Rodriguez was out of coaching last year, so he is looking for a job as he was not retained by Ole Miss after the 2019 season.

This does make the QB job interesting at ULM as they will have current starter Colby Suites back vs Rhett Rodriguez. Rodriguez has not played much at Arizona so he does have a chance to come to ULM and take over the starting job there.

I think the Rich-Rod hire is two fold, help two guys who are trying to salvage their coaching careers (Rod and Bowden) and upgrade the QB position immediately.

11. Default Re: 2 job postings for football coaches

Clearly Rod could be in line to take over after the short but successful stint at ULMOST by the aging Bowden.

12. Default Re: 2 job postings for football coaches

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Clearly Rod could be in line to take over after the short but successful stint at ULMOST by the aging Bowden.
    I guess, so but these two are not that far apart in age. Bowden is 64, Rich Rod is 57, actually will be 58 by the time the season starts.

13. Default Re: 2 job postings for football coaches

Also, both of these guys (Bowden and Rich Rod) have had both off the field issues as well as locker room issues at their previous stops.

Rich Rod lost control of some players in Michigan as well as admitted to extra marital affairs as well as being accused of Sexual harassments and a hostile work place while at Arizona.

And I remember a huge rumor of Terry Bowden allegedly having a relationship with the Presidents daughter at Auburn. As well as a ton of off the field issues with players at Auburn.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Also, both of these guys (Bowden and Rich Rod) have had both off the field issues as well as locker room issues at their previous stops.

Rich Rod lost control of some players in Michigan as well as admitted to extra marital affairs as well as being accused of Sexual harassments and a hostile work place while at Arizona.

And I remember a huge rumor of Terry Bowden allegedly having a relationship with the Presidents daughter at Auburn. As well as a ton of off the field issues with players at Auburn.
    If that's the case, should have called Hud before HS scooped him up, he would fit right in...allegedly...

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    Wow, how times have changed. I know this is a back against the wall time for them and I wish them well, except against us!

Those chickens in Carolina have my focus now.

GEAUX CAJUNS!
    I wish them well in the FBS. Did these guys checkout Funroe before signing? It would take a lot of zeros for me to live there.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information